Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Williams from Booger McFarland
Imagine the oline we could have built if we didn't overpay Mixon, AJ and never signed wayens.
Reply/Quote
This is an interesting fact to add to the fun....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 11:59 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This is an interesting fact to add to the fun....

This somewhat confirms that the scheme and/or Joe are the culprits at this point in time. The sad part is that with this WR trio, there should be somebody open or close to open every play….
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 11:59 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This is an interesting fact to add to the fun....

This deserves a thread of its own.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:39 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: They let Zeitler walk, they let Steinbach walk, they always go low-ball on the interior.

Sure, they spend a 1st rounder on one every now and then, but that's simply because it's cheaper to draft one in the first round then to pay a vet.

Neither Zeitler nor Steinbach played up to the contracts they got.  If Bengals had overpaid like Cleveland did for those guys you would be crying about that.

We paid to well to re-sign Boling.  We re-signed Bobbie Williams twice.  The claim that we always low-ball and never re-sign any OGs is just a lie.

And finally, it takes a special kind of Olympic-level whiner to complain about the Bengals using a first round pick on an OG at the same time as whimpering about how the Bengals never invest in the O-line.
Reply/Quote

It’s at least partly on Burrow…

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 12:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s at least partly on Burrow…

So is he not seeing the field well? Hung up on the injury? Still injured?

Really would be interesting to find out what is happening.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 12:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This deserves a thread of its own.

If you want to start one, just figured it mixed in with the whole OL talk that was happening.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 12:55 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So is he not seeing the field well? Hung up on the injury? Still injured?

I definitely don’t think his mobility is back to 100%. Now whether some of that is mental, or he truly just isn’t physically there yet, idk.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 11:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I do like our picks but it will take time. I understand the frustration. I have felt the same way forever as you know.

So Nate when you say it'll take time.  Do you mean it'll take a season or 2 seasons for these rookies to improve enough to make the OL average?  

Just asking because I'm sure we'll be drafting a tackle next year to replace Reiff because if this offense keeps performing the way it is we'll be drafting in the Top 10 and potentially Top 5 of the draft again in 2022. 

I just want to know we are going to be waiting for 2 or 3 seasons and hoping and praying our draft picks from this season work out because they've hit on 1 OL draft pick in 7 years and Jonah really hasn't proven himself to be a Pro Bowl tackle quite yet. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 01:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We have two, and tackle is not our problem. 

I think XSF's injury is a perfect opportunity to see what Carman can do.  My guess is he takes the job and never looks back.  

Lots of people were down on Tee Higgins, too, when he came out as a rookie.  He had a pathetic pro day, and looked exhausted.  He probably was!  But rather than go to some camp to teach him how to launch a better 40, to train specifically for the vertical, etc, he just recovered.  Sure, he had an early hamstring problem but his rookie season was damn good.

Fast forward to 2021.  Carman didn't participate in the combine or a pro day because he was coming off HERNIATED DISC SURGERY, which he played through for the final 5 games of his college career.

He should be close to 100% strength now, and he has the conditioning as well.  We know what XSF is....average at best, and that is against average defenders.  It is time to look at Carman.  
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 09:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think XSF's injury is a perfect opportunity to see what Carman can do.  My guess is he takes the job and never looks back.  

My guess is if he were ready to do that... He would have been starting already.

Or do we not trust pollock to properly evaluate
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 12:56 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If you want to start one, just figured it mixed in with the whole OL talk that was happening.

You can never have too many threads talking about the Bengals OL issues. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 09:20 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: My guess is if he were ready to do that... He would have been starting already.

Or do we not trust pollock to properly evaluate

Is it possible Zac or Callahan is ovreruling Pollock? 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 09:39 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Is it possible Zac or Callahan is ovreruling Pollock? 

Do you really think Callahan has any say in anything on this offense? lol 

This is all on Zac and reeks of his need to control things.  

If it is Zac or Callahan overruling Pollack then they both deserve to be fired on the spot.  

Let your coaches do their jobs. 
Reply/Quote
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/dave-lapham-weighs-in-on-the-state-of-the-bengals-offensive-line
Lap sees the issue with the line.... Interesting he didn't blame the RB and TE's.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 12:55 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So is he not seeing the field well? Hung up on the injury? Still injured?

He's injured, and can't move on the bum ankle.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 10:29 AM)jj22 Wrote: He's injured, and can't move on the bum ankle.

JJ, if this is the excuse then it's time to play Allen.  Let Burrow get healthy. 

If your QB isnt mobile in the pocket due to a bum ankle/knee then he's not helpful to the team.  

Allen may suck but at least we wont be taking sacks with a statue in the pocket. 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 10:29 AM)jj22 Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/dave-lapham-weighs-in-on-the-state-of-the-bengals-offensive-line
Lap sees the issue with the line.... Interesting he didn't blame the RB and TE's.

right They might not be given up all the sacks but they arent exactly giving the QB a pocket to work in either. But not much we can do now but hope light bulbs come on
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 09:08 AM)TJ528 Wrote: So Nate when you say it'll take time.  Do you mean it'll take a season or 2 seasons for these rookies to improve enough to make the OL average?  

Just asking because I'm sure we'll be drafting a tackle next year to replace Reiff because if this offense keeps performing the way it is we'll be drafting in the Top 10 and potentially Top 5 of the draft again in 2022. 

I just want to know we are going to be waiting for 2 or 3 seasons and hoping and praying our draft picks from this season work out because they've hit on 1 OL draft pick in 7 years and Jonah really hasn't proven himself to be a Pro Bowl tackle quite yet. 

1.  You can't argue that this team is horrible based on just two games and at the same time claim we can't judge Johah Williams based on his good play against top pass rushers.

2. The draft picks we are counting on are from this year. They should be ready by next year.

3. We may not have to use our #1 pick next season. In the past 3 years the Bengals have traded for a starting OT and signed multiple other O-linemen with starting experience including the 10th highest paid RT.
Reply/Quote