Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Williams from Booger McFarland
(09-21-2021, 07:43 PM)samhain Wrote: I was surprised by it.  It may have been a money issue, but I think we're seeing that he had a lot more value than a lot of people realized.  I was in no hurry to see him gone.

I would have understood letting Gio walk a lot more had we used the savings to extend Bates.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
How many penalties have our OTs been called for?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 09:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How many penalties have our OTs been called for?

If this is correct I guess just one on Jonah.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/team/cincinnati-bengals?year=2021&season=2021&view=games

I thought Reiff might have had one vs Chicago, but apparently not.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 09:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If this is correct I guess just one on Jonah.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/team/cincinnati-bengals?year=2021&season=2021&view=games

Well that's a positive. 2 games against elite pass rushers and 1 (false start) penalty. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Damn if only there was a tackle that fell into our lap in the first round last draft. Oh wait.

I’m pissed about the line too but you can’t tell me Chase wasn’t Burrows pick. If he wanted the OT we would have him. Combine that with some mental errors on his part and he’s just as much to blame. The guy must love pain I dunno.

Glad we drafted Drew Sample as a solid blocker. Ah crap wait. Well we still have Gio as a solid blocker, damnit wait again.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 09:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How many penalties have our OTs been called for?

(09-21-2021, 09:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If this is correct I guess just one on Jonah.

Yep. One official on Jonah. Reiff could have been declined cause i thought i remember him getting one too but i don't really feel like watching the game again to confirm.  Cry

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 09:17 PM)TKUHL Wrote: you can’t tell me Chase wasn’t Burrows pick. If he wanted the OT we would have him. 

This is what is so frustrating to me.  People just make up stuff out of thin air and act like it is a fact.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 07:32 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: In today's NFL, the OGs are just as important, if not more important, than the OTs.  We've seen that for how many years now. 

How many?

I don't know.  Just go back to the point where top OGs started getting paid more and drafted higher than OTs.

So you tell me.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 09:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is what is so frustrating to me.  People just make up stuff out of thin air and act like it is a fact.

Common Fred you can’t tell me if Joe wanted a linemen with the first pick we wouldn’t pick one. If that’s the case is even more troubling.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 07:35 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Which is actually kind of amazing that they don't place value on that when they went out and spent so much on Reader and previously had Geno and then signed Larry Ogunjobi. They seem to understand the value of creating inside pressure but don't grasp the concept of preventing inside pressure.

It's actually pretty amazing.

Yeah, I know.  Like when they used a first round pick on an OG Zeitler and them moved him to OT.

Or when they refused to re-sign Boling or Bobbie Williams to a second contract.

Pretty amazing.
Reply/Quote
It's 2021. Those names were from long ago.

Marvin may have prioritized it more than ZT has. He should have been able to use some of his honeymoon to pound the table to get the olinemen in FA. The first two years at least.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 09:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, I know.  Like when they used a first round pick on an OG Zeitler and them moved him to OT.

Pretty amazing.

Zeitler didn't get a second contract, and was the 2nd 1st round pick after they took a CB.

Boling and Bobbie Williams were signed but neither were given top market contracts. They both signed more team friendly deals.

Fred I get it you want to argue all sides of an argument and place no blame on Mike Brown and the franchise but the reality is this, the team does not PRIORITIZE inside OL help and right now, that is causing issues for their 2nd year QB coming off an knee injury.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
[Image: nBP5NfU.gif?noredirect]

With a name like that how can you not think this is the guy making that comment?? 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 09:54 PM)GodFather Wrote: [Image: nBP5NfU.gif?noredirect]

With a name like that how can you not think this is the guy making that comment?? 

via GIPHY

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 09:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, I know.  Like when they used a first round pick on an OG Zeitler and them moved him to OT.

Pretty amazing.

LOL.  Come on.  We had a chance to draft one of the best OGs to come out in a long time and passed on him.

They let Zeitler walk, they let Steinbach walk, they always go low-ball on the interior.  Sure, they spend a 1st rounder on one every now and then, but that's simply because it's cheaper to draft one in the first round then to pay a vet.

They simply don't put a premium value on those spots, and they should given their investment in Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 02:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hop and XSF have been the weak links haven't they ?

Hop both games XSF against the Bears and he got injured, yes. Booger isn't completely wrong but Jonah can be a very good LT or 
Guard with more snaps. I saw him stone Mack a few times while blocking a DT after the first Mack sack on Burrow. Jonah is still a 
top young Tackle no matter what the first 2 games tell us and yeah he can play Guard. Just wondering what Booger's solution is?

Spain has played great so far this season. Center and RG are the questions right now...

Think we need to put in the rooks and see what they can do. Inevitable with Carman, he will start against the Stoolers it looks like.
Reply/Quote
The first two games speak well of Jonah. Game one he surrendered 0 sacks and 0 pressures. Game two he had the sack but not many pressures.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 11:15 PM)Joelist Wrote: The first two games speak well of Jonah. Game one he surrendered 0 sacks and 0 pressures. Game two he had the sack but not many pressures.

That is what I saw and the sack by Mack would of got about any LT in the league. Dude is just too damn good.

Jonah stepped right up afterwards and blocked a great game blocking multiple D-lineman bouncing off Mack to the DT.

Was masterful honestly. Love Jonah Williams so far.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 11:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hop both games XSF against the Bears and he got injured, yes. Booger isn't completely wrong but Jonah can be a very good LT or 
Guard with more snaps. I saw him stone Mack a few times while blocking a DT after the first Mack sack on Burrow. Jonah is still a 
top young Tackle no matter what the first 2 games tell us and yeah he can play Guard. Just wondering what Booger's solution is?

Spain has played great so far this season. Center and RG are the questions right now...

Think we need to put in the rooks and see what they can do. Inevitable with Carman, he will start against the Stoolers it looks like.

Odd, it's only been that way for how many years?  I just wish they would make the investment in a veteran OG and move on.  We need that anchor in the middle of the line.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 11:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Odd, it's only been that way for how many years?  I just wish they would make the investment in a veteran OG and move on.  We need that anchor in the middle of the line.

I do like our picks but it will take time. I understand the frustration. I have felt the same way forever as you know.
Reply/Quote