Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jonah Williams knee
(02-17-2023, 10:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We all saw how Quinton Spain talked and walked and never came back. 

This makes sense with this team no matter the production honestly. CTB also looks like a future stud which helps as well as Awuzie 
coming back and hopefully being 100% come the opener. Lou is very good with Secondary players.

I like Eli and think he's been a steal for us.  

His biggest problem is going to be whether or not any other team is willing to put up with his shit and give him a decent deal.  I'm still not sure they will.  He's kind of a douchebag.  I mean, he's our douchebag and I like him being here, but it is what it is.

I would not be one bit surprised if he ends up back in Cincinnati on yet another team-friendly deal.  

He's Pacman lite.  Not nearly as talented, not by a long shot.  Not nearly as big of a menace to society, either.  He's just a pain in the ass.  He's found a home here and he's part of something.  If he can get paid elsewhere, then so be it.  I kind of doubt he can.  If not, then welcome back to our favorite a-hole cornerback.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 10:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We all saw how Quinton Spain talked and walked and never came back. 

This makes sense with this team no matter the production honestly. CTB also looks like a future stud which helps as well as Awuzie 
coming back and hopefully being 100% come the opener. Lou is very good with Secondary players.

Who cares about Awuzie and CTB?  I'm serious, we know what we have in these guys. But if this season, with us being forced to play safeties at boundary and the Chiefs playing 4 replacements, doesn't open eyes to see that we need depth, Im not sure what to say.

It is the 2nd most difficult position in football, sure we can draft a rookie, but experienced depth helps and how valuable is Eli if CB1 or CB2 goes down with injury or if Awuzie isnt ready?  

I dont care about his mouth, Hilton said the dumbest nonsense this season and we all still love him....

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 11:18 PM)samhain Wrote: I like Eli and think he's been a steal for us.  

His biggest problem is going to be whether or not any other team is willing to put up with his shit and give him a decent deal.  I'm still not sure they will.  He's kind of a douchebag.  I mean, he's our douchebag and I like him being here, but it is what it is.

I would not be one bit surprised if he ends up back in Cincinnati on yet another team-friendly deal.  

He's Pacman lite.  Not nearly as talented, not by a long shot.  Not nearly as big of a menace to society, either.  He's just a pain in the ass.  He's found a home here and he's part of something.  If he can get paid elsewhere, then so be it.  I kind of doubt he can.  If not, then welcome back to our favorite a-hole cornerback.

Thankfully Eli has no on or off the field craziness.  He smokes a cigar after a win that doesnt warrant a cigar and is stupid on Twitter.

I've been told that he is very nice in person and the guys love him.  

I have no idea why he acts so childish at his age...?  But....it keeps his price tag low.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 11:25 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Who cares about Awuzie and CTB?  I'm serious, we know what we have in these guys. But if this season, with us being forced to play safeties at boundary and the Chiefs playing 4 replacements, doesn't open eyes to see that we need depth, Im not sure what to say.

It is the 2nd most difficult position in football, sure we can draft a rookie, but experienced depth helps and how valuable is Eli if CB1 or CB2 goes down with injury or if Awuzie isnt ready?  

I dont care about his mouth, Hilton said the dumbest nonsense this season and we all still love him....

exactly. Doing it for the camera and doing it on twitter is practically the same thing

people just dont like eli

and to the person comparing eli to spain, eli doesnt throw his teammates under the bus
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 11:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Thankfully Eli has no on or off the field craziness.  He smokes a cigar after a win that doesnt warrant a cigar and is stupid on Twitter.

I've been told that he is very nice in person and the guys love him.  

I have no idea why he acts so childish at his age...?  But....it keeps his price tag low.

Precisely.  

Everyone likes to talk shit about him, but he's a lot more sound than his reputation would have the casual fan believe.  

As long as he's healthy, I wouldn't care if he retired as a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 10:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, hoping for Schoonmaker in the mid rounds if we go TE. Want an OT early like Wright, but I also really like LaPorta in the 2nd if 
for some reason he falls, this guy is very good and from Tight End U Iowa.

Give me some Payne Durham from Purdue. Fits our traditional style while having some limited athletic ability. Willing to do whatever it takes for his team to win. Never got the appeal for Washington however.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 11:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Eli didnt insinuate anything on twitter like Spain did when it came to missed assignments

thats a big difference

It is, good point Frank.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 11:18 PM)samhain Wrote: I like Eli and think he's been a steal for us.  

Expect him back honestly, like you said, he is our kind of A-hole lol

(02-17-2023, 11:25 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Who cares about Awuzie and CTB?  I'm serious, we know what we have in these guys. But if this season, with us being forced to play safeties at boundary and the Chiefs playing 4 replacements, doesn't open eyes to see that we need depth, Im not sure what to say.

Just was trying to understand where Holic was coming from is all. I agree with you guys, Apple will be back as he has tremendous
value as a depth piece player and other teams will shy away from paying an older Corner with a big mouth. His teammates like him.

That is all I need to know. As Frank said, Eli didn't throw his teammates under the bus.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 08:27 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I did a search all I could find was his knee popped out of place and went right back in.

Twice last year though....once at NYJ, and then again against Baltimore.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 07:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No way Mayer makes it to 28 though. He is out of the question. Everything else you said is spot on, I would just leave Mayer's name out of it.

If the Bengals draft a TE in the first round I may not watch a snap this year. 

Seriously, that would be one of the dumbest things they could do. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 04:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If the Bengals draft a TE in the first round I may not watch a snap this year. 

Might be dumb, I am completely against it but if somehow Mayer did fall and became the next Gronk how would you feel Weezy?

I think that is a little extreme view even if we NEED to take an OT like Darnell Wright at 28.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 04:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If the Bengals draft a TE in the first round I may not watch a snap this year. 

Be prepared.  If Mayer drops they very well could take him - most NFL ready, plug-n-play, hometown kid, etc....... I'd think he is the only TE good enough to go in the 1st.  That said, Im not sure he is the best for our offense, a Dalton Kincaid after the 1st Rd might be a better scheme fit.

Reply/Quote

I bet I can find posts that look exactly like this one about drafting a WR a couple years ago lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
the last time the bengals drafted a defensive lineman in the first round was Justin Smith in 2001

I just wanted to say that
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 04:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Might be dumb, I am completely against it but if somehow Mayer did fall and became the next Gronk how would you feel Weezy?

I think that is a little extreme view even if we NEED to take an OT like Darnell Wright at 28.

How would any TE turn into Gronk with Chase and Tee around? There's only so many footballs and dollars to go around. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 05:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How would any TE turn into Gronk with Chase and Tee around? There's only so many footballs and dollars to go around. 

I'd like to see them add speed underneath to take advantage of all the matchups against linebackers they saw in cover 2 this season. Tight End and/or Running Back. Outside of Chase the offense really doesn't have much speed. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 05:39 PM)Synric Wrote: I'd like to see them add speed underneath to take advantage of all the matchups against linebackers they saw in cover 2 this season. Tight End and/or Running Back. Outside of Chase the offense really doesn't have much speed. 

fix the running game, fix the offense. No need for another weapon. The 4th receiving option simply has to be as good as Hurst and Uzomah were.

29th in ypc is horrendous. The running game is what has to be fixed. 
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 05:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How would any TE turn into Gronk with Chase and Tee around? There's only so many footballs and dollars to go around. 

This, and Mayer is shorter than Gronk with the same weight.  Mark Andrews might be his ceiling, which might be difficult to reach as Andrews is a great receiver and 20 pounds lighter, but Mayer is a better blocker.

I can see him as an all around better version of Friermuth as his floor.  

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 05:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: fix the running game, fix the offense. No need for another weapon. The 4th receiving option simply has to be as good as Hurst and Uzomah were. Actually, Mixon was the true 4th option in 2022

29th in ypc is horrendous. The running game is what has to be fixed. 

They might not need a new weapon in 2023 but having one develop that year without him having a major role before a 2024 transition where ALL those weapons you mention could be gone besides Chase.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 05:39 PM)Synric Wrote: I'd like to see them add speed underneath to take advantage of all the matchups against linebackers they saw in cover 2 this season. Tight End and/or Running Back. Outside of Chase the offense really doesn't have much speed. 

I agree, a RB like Achone or Spears would be deadly underneath or in the flat.  (Bijon and Gibbs are even better options but I don't see us reaching that high for a complimentary back)

A Kincaid or Musgrave would seem to be extremely potent for our offense, resigning Sample (major discount) would probably have to be a requisite if this were to happen.

Reply/Quote