Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jonah Williams out for the season
The Bengals have already paid Williams 11 million of the 17 million of his four year deal. Not much incentive to try to come back too early. Hope we haven't created another useless , lazy, swinging door tackle. But I guess we could have saved 7 million for a free agent instead of paying all the money up front. But we all know how the Bengals modus operandi.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 01:45 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: The doom is strong in this thread.

The season didn't start yet. Not one person knows how the season will play out at this point. It is like half of the people on the forum need a Bengals misstep in order to release negative energy. Happy people live longer, google it.

A guy was injured. Its done. Players get injured. We have a weird streak with these things. But our team is going to play regardless. Do you cheer for the Bengals or just b%tch about them? Sheesh

Not only bitching, but arguing and trashing each other as board members.  Boy how an injury brings us all together.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 12:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Classic Bengals board. When Jonah was healthy he was going to produce like Whitworth. Now that Williams is out for the year, his contribution gets downplayed and Glenn is the man!

This stuff is hilarious!

Pistons, keep in mind that Whitworth saw some time in his rookie year at LG, only due to injuries. As a matter of fact he didn't play LT until three years after he was drafted.

It's awful tough to play LT as a rookie in NFL. I never felt Jonah should be the starting LT. That's putting a lot on a rookie.

Throwing rookies into the fire can backfire horribly. The veteran defensive guys on their own Team want to break them, just because they are high draft pick rookies.

I still don't understand how this injury happened - it's a serious problem for the Bengals and the coaching staff. This sort of injury shouldn't happen at OTAs or minicamp.

When a DT grabs weak hand of the OT and clears it above his body .....
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 01:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they kept the vet next to the rookie LT... when the other Vet LG is not able to practice...

they said they would experiment with the OL to get the best five out there... It doesn't mean they think less of glenn...  Just shows you what they thought of williams

Absolutely correct.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 09:19 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: WOW !

I just have no words

WOW is a word
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 11:43 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well you get second opinions and such especially before shutting a guy down for the year.

They were probly doing the due diligence of making sure surgery was absolutely needed before proceeding.

Took the words out of mouth.
Reply/Quote
It is what it is. He's out - we move on. Really nothing else we can do.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 12:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Glenn has been injured in each of the past 3 seasons. Don't expect him to be miraculously healthy and play at a Pro Bowl level. It's why Buffalo dumped him on us.

Right. Glenn has 1 kidney, 30 and a bum foot at 330+ lb's. He's likely done as a "solid" LT (as last year showed).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 10:49 AM)sandwedge Wrote: You can't be serious? We are going to run the offense we have already installed this off season. Glenn is more than capable of playing LT. 

Glenn was one of the worst starting LT in the league last year.

I think Paul D etc on the radio made excellent points about how this injury effects the offense, Dalton's future, and extensions. Williams and the rest of the class was selected to produce now. The team didn't do much in Free Agency so this was a significant draft.

Rams O didn't produce until they got that LT (Whit). The Rams O system needs strong Tackles. We are likely going to shift offenses now. Have to.

You can't play action and go deep (the Rams Offense)  when you have less than 2 seconds to get rid of the ball.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 01:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I believe it went from Devin Bush is going to be a beast in stripes to Jonah Williams is a way better pick and our offense is gonna shine to next man up we got Glenn for a reason.

I get the mindset but oof.

The Bengals were never going to draft Bush in fact I doubt many teams would draft a off Ball LB over a franchise LT. The Bengals made the smart move then. What I still have a problem with is signing  Hart and Brown to multi year contracts when both players suck.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 10:50 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: In What offense are the Tackles not important?

Pat's and any quick pass offense.

Not 7 step drop play action pass offenses like the Rams that's for sure. As they discussed, that takes more than 2 seconds.

Take a look at Goff pre LT vs Goff post LT. If you think they are staying in the Rams system.

Dalton just went from Goff post LT, to Goff pre LT.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 03:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: Glenn was one of the worst starting LT in the league last year.

I think Paul D etc on the radio made excellent points about how this injury effects the offense, Dalton's future, and extensions. Williams and the rest of the class was selected to produce now. The team didn't do much in Free Agency so this was a significant draft.

Rams O didn't produce until they got that LT (Whit). The Rams O system needs strong Tackles. We are likely going to shift offenses now. Have to.

You can't play action and go deep (the Rams Offense)  when you have less than 2 seconds to get rid of the ball.
1.) Glenn was eventually going to be the LT this year with Williams being the RT. Once the coaches realized how much Hart sucks.  Glenn has had good seasons in the not so distant past I would not say he can't do that again.

2.)Whit and Mcvay came in at the same time.

3.) Our interior Line has the capability of being good. Price being healthy should make him better, Boiling is good, and I personally think that Westerman will win the RG position this year and will have a break out year this season.

4.) Mixion lead the AFC in rushing last season, Boyd had 1000 yards last year, and Green was on pace for 1,000 yar+ season as well as a 10 TD away before getting hurt.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 01:45 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The Bengals have already paid Williams 11 million of the 17 million of his four year deal. Not much incentive to try to come back too early. Hope we haven't created another useless , lazy, swinging door tackle. But I guess we could have saved 7 million for a free agent instead of paying all the money up front. But we all know how the Bengals modus operandi.

Comment such as yours show that you have not researched our draft selection whatsoever. Jonah Williams has had nothing but good said about him from everyone he has worked with over his career in the game of football and work ethic has most certainly not been an issue of concern. It is amazing the way people slander someone when something unforeseeable such as this injury occurs.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 01:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I believe it went from Devin Bush is going to be a beast in stripes to Jonah Williams is a way better pick and our offense is gonna shine to next man up we got Glenn for a reason.

I get the mindset but oof.

Devin Bush was never in the selection conversation so please let it go.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 10:38 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: This is starting to make sense, the squeelers knew about his injury thus they traded to grab the best LB we needed to force us to get the obvious, Jonah.  Knowing he was gonna be out.              

I'm gonna go with this theory.
First off Devin Bush was never in the selection conversation by this staff. The talking heads made many believe it and this staff certainly were not going to discourage that though process.

Secondly, these players receive and especially rigorous complete physical examination at the combine and Williams came out of it with no red flags so not sure what info you think the Steelers had that no one else had.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 04:41 PM)OSUfan Wrote: First off Devin Bush was never in the selection conversation by this staff. The talking heads made many believe it and this staff certainly were not going to discourage that though process.

Secondly, these players receive and especially rigorous complete physical examination at the combine and Williams came out of it with no red flags so not sure what info you think the Steelers had that no one else had.

Uh, I think he was joking.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 04:44 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Uh, I think he was joking.

I sure hope he was.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 04:37 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Devin Bush was never in the selection conversation so please let it go.

I recall us being pretty sure we were taking Bush.  Maybe I was having some sort of fever dream. 

So I was talking more about board chatter among us. Still the idea of taking a LB to help out our super bad LB corps seemed pretty believable. Clearly the Steelers thought we were taking Bush. Id love to think we played them for fools, but its hard to imagine us being on the winning end of that dyad, ill admit.
Reply/Quote
In his best she-shed deadpan: "This is wonderful news"
not the end of the world. Still, major setback at exactly the wrong time. Guess we'll find out what this staff is made of, FO SHO
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
I think a reasonable solution is to move Boling to LT and Glenn to LG if Glenn cannot cut it at LT. Grab someone from Waiver wire during cut-down that can compete at RT.

LT-Boling
LG-Glenn
C-Price
RG-MJ or Westerman
RT-anyone but Hart
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote