Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jonah Williams out for the season
Boling is obviously fairly seriously injured...and he was bad at Guard last year.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 06:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think a reasonable solution is to move Boling to LT and Glenn to LG if Glenn cannot cut it at LT.  Grab someone from Waiver wire during cut-down that can compete at RT.

LT-Boling
LG-Glenn
C-Price
RG-MJ or Westerman
RT-anyone but Hart

Doc, I'm not sure what you're thinking about, but they seem pretty sure about Price at C, Brown at RG, and Hart at RT.  I don't think that there's an ice cube's chance in hell, that we see either MJ or Westerman getting any shot at RG, short of another catastrophic injury.  Don't forget that we still haven't seen Clint Boling in any practice activities, and also with no explanation as to why.  With that in mind, I'm thinking it's Cordy Glenn or bust at LT. (Hope to hell we pick up someone in the camp cuts)  And at LG, it's Boling, then Westerman and MJ.  It's looking like Trey Hopkins and Kent Perkins as the best of the rest.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This basically blows. The idea that Boling could be cut should be long gone in people's minds unless his injury is such that he doesn't return.

The OL remains a weakness for this offense.

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 06:39 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So Jermaine Gresham gets called out by that stupid radio host and has been treated like a POS by many fans.

Dude played through a lot of injuries.

Was he a great 1st round pick?  Not really, but he wasn't some player who couldn't stay on the field and struggle to be serviceable either.

Maybe he wasn't such a bad guy after all...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/05/30/cardinals-jermaine-gresham-helps-student-airport/658126002/

(06-26-2019, 12:05 AM)PDub80 Wrote: People hate on Gresh because he sucked and was an emotional crybaby. That's why. Under achiever the Bengals took over a HOFer in Gronk and he couldnt hold Gronk's jock. Weak willed and never (rarely) showed up in big games. Dude was trash for a 1st rounder. Period. The 1st rd TE that came after him ran him out of town year 1.

No one... not a single Bengals fan should be sad he left for AZ. Not missed at all. Eifert for 8 games >>>> Gresham for 16. Hell, I would take Eifert's work over a 4 game season over Gresham for 16 games.

BTW, you've got it wrong on who the punk was in the Gresham v Lapham spat. Read the transcripts here https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2014/12/15/7393655/audio-and-transcript-of-postgame-spat-between-jermaine-gresham-and 

With how big of a diva ***** Gresham was in Cincy I doubt Lapham was afraid of him. Dude was all talk.

(06-26-2019, 12:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Gresh cannot help where he was drafted or who was drafted after him. But he was a fine player for us. You mad about taking Gresh over Gronk. I can't imagine how mad you are for taking Eifert over Kelce.

But no; I didn't get wrong who the punk between the 2:
https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/2p9tep/dave_lapham_just_threw_some_serious_shade_at/

So Laps punked out and went with the semantics "I never said quit" instead of owning up to his BS when the person he was slamming confronted him. Hell the most frail broadcaster in the game would most likely own up ti his message instead of hiding behind semantics. 

And at the end of the year during Free Agency it was discovered that Gresham had been playing on a herniated disk and had off season surgery.
So Lap shouldn't have called him or inferred that he is a quitter. Lap was wrong and should have apologized, but in reality he should have never said what he said to begin with.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000479955/article/jermaine-gresham-to-undergo-herniated-disc-surgery
Reply/Quote
Boling is "done". This...is not how I wanted pre-season to go.

Uh, so...who do you guys have as our OLine starters now that Jonah Williams and Clint Boling are out of the picture?

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 08:05 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And at the end of the year during Free Agency it was discovered that Gresham had been playing on a herniated disk and had off season surgery.
So Lap shouldn't have called him or inferred that he is a quitter. Lap was wrong and should have apologized, but in reality he should have never said what he said to begin with.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000479955/article/jermaine-gresham-to-undergo-herniated-disc-surgery

See this ^ is what I was getting at in the first place.

JG played through a lot of injuries.

Gresham may have been an under-performer that had penalty issues.

But he wasn't some made of glass, quitter, or never produced player either.

The way he's hated by our fans is ridiculous.  You'd think he was an Ogbuehi type pick.

I wish he would've kicked Lapham's dumb ass too.  He deserved it more than anyone to be calling him out.

At the least it was very unprofessional of Lapham...  but what do you expect of a 2nd rate wanna-be-announcer.

They basically make fun of his calls in the national media because he acts like a boozed up fan in the box.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 08:32 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: See this ^ is what I was getting at in the first place.

JG played through a lot of injuries.

Gresham may have been an under-performer that had penalty issues.

But he wasn't some made of glass, quitter, or never produced player either.

The way he's hated by our fans is ridiculous.  You'd think he was an Ogbuehi type pick.

I wish he would've kicked Lapham's dumb ass too.  He deserved it more than anyone to be calling him out.

At the least it was very unprofessional of Lapham...  but what do you expect of a 2nd rate wanna-be-announcer.

They basically make fun of his calls in the national media because he acts like a boozed up fan in the box.

Gresham wasn't terrible. He wasn't good either. He was an average TE. He's better than a guy like Uzomah.

I remember when the Bengals had Gresham and drafted Eifert and fans envisioned a 2 TE offense like the Patriots. In reality, Eifert was drafted to replace Gresham who was going to be a free agent in upcoming years. That's how the Bengals roll.

You can see their moves coming miles away. They draft replacements for guys they won't keep, but a lot of times those replacements fail.
Reply/Quote
With the O-line we have now, looks like Andy will not be a Bengal after this season. No extension. Hard for him to prove himself with a line like we have now.

With the number 1 pick in the 2020 draft, the bengals pick... ___________ at QB.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 09:28 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: With the O-line we have now, looks like Andy will not be a Bengal after this season. No extension. Hard for him to prove himself with a line like we have now.

With the number 1 pick in the 2020 draft, the bengals pick... ___________ at QB.

Maybe.  We will see what the front office and ZT want to do, because you could argue that we haven't voluntarily moved on from a franchise QB during the entire Mike Brown era.  Boomer and Carson demanded trades, so Dalton could be given a pass for 2019 no matter what.  I don't see Dalton leaving here unless he wants out (which seems very unlikely) or ZT demands to draft a QB of his own.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 09:28 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: With the O-line we have now, looks like Andy will not be a Bengal after this season. No extension. Hard for him to prove himself with a line like we have now.

Your faith in Andy and the current coaching staff is saddening. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
So, what week does Dalton hit IR?

Just kidding. We don't need an O-Line to succeed. Good punter and long snapper and the division is ours.

Yeah, I don't know what I'm saying, either.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 11:32 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: It’s bad when we fans are torn between wanting to keep an aging, star Bengal or hope that he’s traded to have a chance to get a ring. I’m guessing that each of these guys get the question of why do you play for that team?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well I mean this year I don't think anyone should have super high expectations anyways. Let the young coaching staff gain experience and let the players learn the new schemes. And get a second offseason batch of Zac's players.

I don't expect us to be awful. I'm hopeful for 6-9 wins this season I just don't think this is a Super Bowl team next season so no reason to be all doom and gloom because we might lose another game.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 09:53 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well I mean this year I don't think anyone should have super high expectations anyways. Let the young coaching staff gain experience and let the players learn the new schemes. And get a second offseason batch of Zac's players.

I don't expect us to be awful. I'm hopeful for 6-9 wins this season I just don't think this is a Super Bowl team next season so no reason to be all doom and gloom because we might lose another game.

We had $50+ million of capspace this offseason and arguably didn't upgrade a single position unless you consider Miller a minor upgrade.

This whole 'get a batch of Zach's players' thing is nonsense.

And we have an extremely inexperience coaching staff. You'd think we would have upgraded 2-3 positions to give the staff a chance.

Nope. Looks like our offensive line is worse than last year and then we did very little at LB unless you like to project rookies being Pro Bowl players.

Meanwhile the Browns trade for OBJ, Vernon, and sign Hunt. We do very little to improve a 6 win team.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 09:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Your faith in Andy and the current coaching staff is saddening. 

I'm just gonna put this here for you. Not my opinion on Andy. I'm referencing more about the owner to Andy relationship and Andy's future outlook.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024563/article/mike-brown-dalton-must-restore-himself-for-extension
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 10:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We had $50+ million of capspace this offseason and arguably didn't upgrade a single position unless you consider Miller a minor upgrade.

And we have an extremely inexperience coaching staff. You'd think we would have upgraded 2-3 positions to give the staff a chance.

Nope. Looks like our offensive line is worse than last year and then we did very little at LB unless you like to project rookies being Pro Bowl players.

Meanwhile the Browns trade for OBJ, Vernon, and sign Hunt. We do very little to improve a 6 win team.

I might be wrong but I don't expect the Browns to be nearly as good as everyone is making them out to be.

And I'm only speaking for our team from the point we are at. I wish we had hired more experienced coaches and signed some actual players with all our cap space but that time is past and gone. Which is why it's probably not a big deal in the grand scheme of this season losing Jonah Williams.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 10:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We had $50+ million of capspace this offseason and arguably didn't upgrade a single position unless you consider Miller a minor upgrade.

I was fine with them not spending crazy money as long as they would extend guys like Green, Boyd and William Jackson III before the season. If they don't sign these guys long term then fan's have every right to criticize the Bengals because they have no excuses left for not spending the money. We preach drafting and resigning our own.  I was hoping they would have some extensions done by now i'm getting nervous. Guys like Boyd have stated they want to be here let's get something done ! 
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 11:42 PM)lone bengal Wrote:  I was fine with them not spending crazy money as long as they would extend guys like Green, Boyd and William Jackson III before the season. If they don't sign these guys long term then fan's have every right to criticize the Bengals because they have no excuses left for not spending the money. We preach drafting and resigning our own.  I was hoping they would have some extensions done by now i'm getting nervous. Guys like Boyd have stated they want to be here let's get something done ! 

I would argue that they spend premium dollars for mediocre players. To me, that's worse than overpaying quality guys.

Without Boling and Williams, our line could actually be much worse than last year.

What positions did we actually upgrade from last year?
Reply/Quote

It's a Mike Brown thing. If he were to bring in upgrades, then that would be admitting that the front office was making bad personnel decisions before and that doesn't fit with the "It's Marv's fault" company line. 

This New Dey seems an awful lot like yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 07:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Doc, I'm not sure what you're thinking about, but they seem pretty sure about Price at C, Brown at RG, and Hart at RT.  I don't think that there's an ice cube's chance in hell, that we see either MJ or Westerman getting any shot at RG, short of another catastrophic injury.  Don't forget that we still haven't seen Clint Boling in any practice activities, and also with no explanation as to why.  With that in mind, I'm thinking it's Cordy Glenn or bust at LT. (Hope to hell we pick up someone in the camp cuts)  And at LG, it's Boling, then Westerman and MJ.  It's looking like Trey Hopkins and Kent Perkins as the best of the rest.  

Do you mean Miller at RG?  I would not count out MJ.  They seem pretty high on him.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote