Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jonah Williams out for the season
(06-25-2019, 05:42 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So you would rather believe that the best tackle in the draft just fell into our lap.

He did not fall.  He was the 11th pick of the draft.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 04:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:  I mean shit, they missed Antonio Bryant's knee somehow and everyone in the world knew that was terrible.

Bryant re-injured his knee after he was signed by the Bengals.  At the end of the '09 season he was playing and even having 100 yard receiving games.  A player can not go from that to not even being able to practice without a new injury.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He did not fall.  He was the 11th pick of the draft.

He was projected top five. he went at 11 . That means he fell.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 05:52 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: He was projected top five. he went at 11 . That means he fell.

So did every other offensive lineman (see: Jawaan Taylor). It's not like any team grabbed a different OT ahead of him.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 05:55 PM)NKURyan Wrote: So did every other offensive lineman (see: Jawaan Taylor). It's not like any team grabbed a different OT ahead of him.

I'd bet Taylor plays more snaps than our draft pick. He only has to beat out another one of our dud picks.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 05:52 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: He was projected top five. he went at 11 . That means he fell.

McShay's final mock had him going t us at #11.

Kiper had him going #9 to Buffalo

USA Today had him at #8 to the Lions.

I did not see him top 5 anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bryant re-injured his knee after he was signed by the Bengals.  At the end of the '09 season he was playing and even having 100 yard receiving games.  A player can not go from that to not even being able to practice without a new injury.

Actually, he had a surgery in August of 09 and didn't he also have one after the season as well?  The knee was never quite right in 09 as he only started 11 games and had 39 catches for 600 yards or so.  So technically I guess it was was a new injury to his bum left knee that took him out.

Either way, the Bengals took a gamble on him and lost out pretty big.  
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Obviously ML and AD's fault, with non team member Hobson to share blame.

Bright side is those who said happy with a losing record should be very happy and ZT now gets a free pass in 2019 to be a crappy coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
While losing Williams certainly hurts I don't necessarily think it is a death nail in our season. When Eifert, Green, Ross, and Boyd we're on the field the Bengals offense averaged 29 points.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I knew we should have taken Dwayne Haskins.......

OK, now that I'm done being CPT Hindsight...This sucks, but Trent Williams wants out of DC. Maybe they want Andy to mentor Haskins.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 06:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: McShay's final mock had him going t us at #11.

Kiper had him going #9 to Buffalo

USA Today had him at #8 to the Lions.

I did not see him top 5 anywhere.

I guess we should have just taken Haskins. That would have made a lot of us happy.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 03:39 PM)Earendil Wrote: Sometimes it really does feel like this team is cursed.

Woody Harrelson has a lot to bloody answer for!!!!!
Reply/Quote
We simply have no luck whatsoever with our first round picks.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wrong.  It is just bad luck.

If it was something to do with the ay we run the team then it would effect every player and not just first round picks

This wasn’t bad luck, this obviously is part of the NFL’s ongoing conspiracy to sabotage the Bengals to force them out of Cincinnati and into a larger market.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 05:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: And so much for us getting any use out of our first round pick....as usual. We have to have the worst track record in NFL history of losing significant playing time from first rounders in their rookie years.

It sure hurts that we don't sign decent free agents...when we get nothing from our 1st Round picks in Year 1.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 03:53 PM)pally Wrote: our 1st round luck looks even worse when it is listed out

(06-25-2019, 03:57 PM)Big Boss Wrote: And let's not forget all the injury issues with Tyler Eifert (2013) and Darqueze Dennard (2014).  They should take a page out of the Patriots' playbook and start trading down into the second round.  That stat is astounding.

So Jermaine Gresham gets called out by that stupid radio host and has been treated like a POS by many fans.

Dude played through a lot of injuries.

Was he a great 1st round pick?  Not really, but he wasn't some player who couldn't stay on the field and struggle to be serviceable either.

Maybe he wasn't such a bad guy after all...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/05/30/cardinals-jermaine-gresham-helps-student-airport/658126002/
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
How did this happen?

OTA's are basically very limited contact and this guy has lifted weights for years.

I do hope that his shoulder heals correctly. These types of injuries can cost a lot of strength.
Reply/Quote
Atleast our 2nd Round pick is a blocking TE. That will be exciting watching him...block.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 06:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I knew we should have taken Dwayne Haskins.......

OK, now that I'm done being CPT Hindsight...This sucks, but Trent Williams wants out of DC.  Maybe they want Andy to mentor Haskins.

Hmm, trading our only playable QB for an oft injured LT wouldn't make much sense.  Come to think of it, I can't come up with any player on the Bengals roster that would even be good trade bait for Williams.  Too bad the team already parted ways with Vontaze Burfict, the Redskins might have done an even swap for him.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 05:42 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So you would rather believe that the best tackle in the draft just fell into our lap. Maybe, just maybe other teams found out what our scouting department didn't.

You're saying he was injured before the draft?
Reply/Quote