Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jonah Williams out for the season
So which player we going to cut Boling or Glenn?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Welp, there he goes. Now we play the waiting game to see if this is a freak bad luck injury, or if we drafted another glass bust. Joy.

Oh and we have yet another 1st round pick who will be on "he's technically a rookie" for the next 2-4 years.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 09:33 PM)Destro Wrote: Feel like they are one of those people you'd see on TV who do everything right, are grreat people, but life is so hard on them, then the talk show host buys them a car or vacation or something. Instead, the players can only hope to work, no get the recognition they deserve, then go get a ring with the Patriots.

It’s bad when we fans are torn between wanting to keep an aging, star Bengal or hope that he’s traded to have a chance to get a ring. I’m guessing that each of these guys get the question of why do you play for that team?
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 06:39 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So Jermaine Gresham gets called out by that stupid radio host and has been treated like a POS by many fans.

Dude played through a lot of injuries.

Was he a great 1st round pick?  Not really, but he wasn't some player who couldn't stay on the field and struggle to be serviceable either.

Maybe he wasn't such a bad guy after all...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/05/30/cardinals-jermaine-gresham-helps-student-airport/658126002/

Gresh is one of a couple Bengals who I never understood why he got so much hate. The crazy thing is he was hurt a lot in college, but he was an Ironman for us. I haven't cared much about Lap since the day he called Gresh out and then turned punk when Gresh confronted him. 

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 11:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gresh is one of a couple Bengals who I never understood why he got so much hate. The crazy thing is he was hurt a lot in college, but he was an Ironman for us. I haven't cared much about Lap since the day he called Gresh out and then turned punk when Gresh confronted him. 

People hate on Gresh because he sucked and was an emotional crybaby. That's why. Under achiever the Bengals took over a HOFer in Gronk and he couldnt hold Gronk's jock. Weak willed and never (rarely) showed up in big games. Dude was trash for a 1st rounder. Period. The 1st rd TE that came after him ran him out of town year 1.

No one... not a single Bengals fan should be sad he left for AZ. Not missed at all. Eifert for 8 games >>>> Gresham for 16. Hell, I would take Eifert's work over a 4 game season over Gresham for 16 games.

BTW, you've got it wrong on who the punk was in the Gresham v Lapham spat. Read the transcripts here https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2014/12/15/7393655/audio-and-transcript-of-postgame-spat-between-jermaine-gresham-and 

With how big of a diva ***** Gresham was in Cincy I doubt Lapham was afraid of him. Dude was all talk.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 11:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, a labrum tear is pretty bad for an offensive lineman that is going to have to be really strong and block 300 lb guys. I hope that he can fully recover from this. The shoulder is tough to repair fully.

He is not pitching or throwing. And is young enough to bounce right back. Some guys play through it and wait for surgery. Good call going ahead and getting if fixed if that is what was needed. A handicapped rookie LT would have been a bad move. Sucks!! But now Glenn can earn some of that money.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 12:05 AM)PDub80 Wrote: People hate on Gresh because he sucked and was an emotional crybaby. That's why. Under achiever the Bengals took over a HOFer in Gronk and he couldnt hold Gronk's jock. Weak willed and never (rarely) showed up in big games. Dude was trash for a 1st rounder. Period. The 1st rd TE that came after him ran him out of town year 1.

No one... not a single Bengals fan should be sad he left for AZ. Not missed at all. Eifert for 8 games >>>> Gresham for 16. Hell, I would take Eifert's work over a 4 game season over Gresham for 16 games.

BTW, you've got it wrong on who the punk was in the Gresham v Lapham spat. Read the transcripts here https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2014/12/15/7393655/audio-and-transcript-of-postgame-spat-between-jermaine-gresham-and 

With how big of a diva ***** Gresham was in Cincy I doubt Lapham was afraid of him. Dude was all talk.

Gresh cannot help where he was drafted or who was drafted after him. But he was a fine player for us. You mad about taking Gresh over Gronk. I can't imagine how mad you are for taking Eifert over Kelce.

But no; I didn't get wrong who the punk between the 2:
https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/2p9tep/dave_lapham_just_threw_some_serious_shade_at/

Lapham Wrote:"Gresham looked good in pregame, so I'm surprised he's not active. But if he wants to desert his teammates like that, fine, we'd rather not have him."

So Laps punked out and went with the semantics "I never said quit" instead of owning up to his BS when the person he was slamming confronted him. Hell the most frail broadcaster in the game would most likely own up ti his message instead of hiding behind semantics. 

Reply/Quote
Can't believe the Bengals released this information. Now teams will be able to game plan against them with this knowledge.
Reply/Quote
They talked on the radio how significant of an injury this was for the team that needed their draft class (especially Williams) to contribute immediately to the turn around.

ZT is now unable to run the Rams scheme (The scheme needs strong tackles especially LT). As we saw last season Dalton won't have the time for play action deep balls. It's likely going to have to be more of the 2013 Dolphins scheme (gulp).

Dalton's big year took a hit, and this injury likely spells the end for him in Cinci as another 40+ sack season will likely mean he isn't going to have the career year he needs.

Boyd will likely not get extended (or Green), but Glenn was squarely on the block with his 9m salary. We are unable to cut him now and unable to use that money for extensions.

We won't know what we have in Williams at LT by the time the draft comes around next offseason (some say he was better fit on inside), which means we will be looking at LT high in next years draft once again.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Some of the homerism in this thread is truly legendary.

And it never ceases to amaze me that we even HAVE homers.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 12:10 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He is not pitching or throwing. And is young enough to bounce right back. Some guys play through it and wait for surgery. Good call going ahead and getting if fixed if that is what was needed. A handicapped rookie LT would have been a bad move. Sucks!! But now Glenn can earn some of that money.

He's not pitching, but he's going to need to be doing bench presses and lifting and really strong and this is going to hinder all of that. This is absolutely a bad injury for a lineman. You can downplay it, but it's bad.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 09:04 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Some of the homerism in this thread is truly legendary.

And it never ceases to amaze me that we even HAVE homers.

Homerism? There is very very little of that in this thread if any it's mostly "the sky is falling", "curse", and "jinxed".
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
We are truly snakebit.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 08:48 AM)jj22 Wrote: They talked on the radio how significant of an injury this was for the team that needed their draft class (especially Williams) to contribute immediately to the turn around.

ZT is now unable to run the Rams scheme (The scheme needs strong tackles especially LT). As we saw last season Dalton won't have the time for play action deep balls. It's likely going to have to be more of the 2013 Dolphins scheme (gulp).

Dalton's big year took a hit, and this injury likely spells the end for him in Cinci as another 40+ sack season will likely mean he isn't going to have the career year he needs.

Boyd will likely not get extended (or Green), but Glenn was squarely on the block with his 9m salary. We are unable to cut him now and unable to use that money for extensions.

We won't know what we have in Williams at LT by the time the draft comes around next offseason (some say he was better fit on inside), which means we will be looking at LT high in next years draft once again.

We should be able to extend Boyd and/or Green without cutting Glenn.

Green is already on the books for the salary he would likely sign an extension for.

And I believe we have cap space right now that we could use on Boyd.

But, the other stuff you say is all accurate.
Reply/Quote
WOW !

I just have no words
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 12:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Gresh cannot help where he was drafted or who was drafted after him. But he was a fine player for us. You mad about taking Gresh over Gronk. I can't imagine how mad you are for taking Eifert over Kelce.

But no; I didn't get wrong who the punk between the 2:
https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/2p9tep/dave_lapham_just_threw_some_serious_shade_at/

So Laps punked out and went with the semantics "I never said quit" instead of owning up to his BS when the person he was slamming confronted him. Hell the most frail broadcaster in the game would most likely own up ti his message instead of hiding behind semantics. 

Gresham looked good as a rookie. Then as his Bengals career progressed, his blocking got worse and so did his receiving.
Reply/Quote
Now we can't trust injury news under a new regime too.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 04:21 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Shoulder injuries for offensive linemen are extremely concerning to me. Ended Tony Boselli’s HOF career. They have to absorb the full force of a 300lb monster moving at full force, over and over and over again. Next to a knee or back injury, shoulder is the most concerning injury to a lineman, imo.

I don't disagree in the slightest, however!

1. Boselli got hurt when the surgery still was not 100% effective
2. Rehab also wasn't the same as it is now

TJ Surgery was arguably the only sure-thing surgery-wise, for a pitcher's arm.

Rotator Cuff and Labrum surgeries were always about a 50% chance of full recovery until the 90s. Then 65% chance in the 2000s.

Since 2011 or so, it has been met with an almost 90% success rate (just estimating, but the number is sound) and as mentioned, the rehabs have been significantly better as well.

For these reasons, I'm not worried.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 03:30 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote:

Such a bummer. At least we've got options as far as the line is concerned.

There really aren't options for OT. Glenn and Hart are the starters and the backup OT is probably Boling. One of the UDFA OTs (probably Sunderland) make it but that's probably not really a good thing.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 04:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: In the long run still a good pick....     So now Glenn back to LT and we already got an extra OG if boiling isn't ready to start the season...

Just an Extra boost to us next year when hes back.  we should be able to make due this season with what we have.

An extra boost when hes back...and the core is a little bit older...and the window is shut just a little bit more... 

This team's window is closing fast. This year was going to be a huge year with this core group of players. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote