Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jonah Williams to Practice
(12-12-2019, 03:55 PM)pally Wrote: He is only cleared for individual drills.  He is not playing this year

Source? Everything I see just says cleared to practice with the team.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 03:55 PM)pally Wrote: He is only cleared for individual drills.  He is not playing this year

The sooner they can determine if Williams is NOT a Price, the better.  If the medical staff clears him to practice, then he should practice.  If he gets cleared by the medical and coaching staff to play, I say play him.  It's kind of important to know ASAP if yet another 1st round Oline pick is a waste.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 04:06 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Source? Everything I see just says cleared to practice with the team.

I've read that he likely won't play too.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 03:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If he does play the next 3 games do we get to consider next year his rookie year? I'm pretty sure this is John Ross' 3rd rookie year.

As to the OP: Get his ass out there

If he's healthy, I agree! He needs some big boy reps going into next season. Needs to feel the speed of the pro game.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 04:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I've read that he likely won't play too.

Hard to imagine him to. His conditioning has got to be poor right now.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 04:18 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Hard to imagine him to. His conditioning has got to be poor right now.

Well, with a shoulder injured he could likely have been doing cardio. I think strength is the big issue.

It is best to just shut him down for the year and let him come back fresh.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I say we play him if he can play.  He's got all off-season to recover if he immediately breaks again.  Plus, it doesn't seem in Jim Turner's nature to baby a grown man.

It would be devastating towards our efforts to paint 2020 as his "still a rookie" season. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 03:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If he does play the next 3 games do we get to consider next year his rookie year? I'm pretty sure this is John Ross' 3rd rookie year.

As to the OP: Get his ass out there

All Bengals are technically rookies their entire first contract since you know they generally only play 8-12 games in that time span.   Cool

And I agree, get him out there ASAP
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 03:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Jordan had some struggles but most mid round rookies do  they generally improve after rookie season

I’m not saying that he won’t. I am saying that it’s not good to have him as plan A for a starter.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 03:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Michael Jordan is improving. Rookie linemen forced to start usually struggle there is no point writing him off but they still need to bring in depth and competition.

He should be a backup trying to earn a starting spot.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 03:55 PM)pally Wrote: He is only cleared for individual drills. He is not playing this year

Hopefully you’re right. That cold weather raises the risk on a recent injury too.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 04:10 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: The sooner they can determine if Williams is NOT a Price, the better.  If the medical staff clears him to practice, then he should practice.  If he gets cleared by the medical and coaching staff to play, I say play him.  It's kind of important to know ASAP if yet another 1st round Oline pick is a waste.

I Think we gotta make sure hes not another Ogbuehi
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 06:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I Think we gotta make sure hes not another Ogbuehi

2 games off of an injury will give you that answer?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 06:56 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: 2 games off of an injury will give you that answer?

No, but it's 2 games of tape leading into the draft where the Bengals might be nbr 1 in all rounds.  Chances are what they see is "Meh".  But then again what if he's blown up over and over?  What if he smothers every DE he faces?  Bound to learn something in 2 games that the coaching staff didn't know about him today.  Hey were clutching for something here!  Little to nothing is a mystery about this team.  Williams on the field would be worth watching.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 06:56 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: 2 games off of an injury will give you that answer?

Every rookie goes through a learning curve that involves playing in actual games to get adjusted to the speed of the NFL.

If he is physically able to play this year then he should absolutely play as much as possible.  every rookie needs as many reps in practice and in games that they can get.  Why stunt his development by not playing him this year?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 04:06 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Source? Everything I see just says cleared to practice with the team.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 07:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Every rookie goes through a learning curve that involves playing in actual games to get adjusted to the speed of the NFL.

If he is physically able to play this year then he should absolutely play as much as possible.  every rookie needs as many reps in practice and in games that they can get.  Why stunt his development by not playing him this year?

I agree if he’s 100% ready. I just don’t have faith in this organization that he is 100% ready for game action. Obviously, he should be by next spring. According to the Bengals, he’s ready now. This isn’t a good organization, so hopefully it’s true. I’d prefer his first physical action in warm weather. Would anyone really be surprised if he played and got seriously messed up? I would be zero surprised. Again, I’m just weighing what there is to gain vs. what there is to lose.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 02:53 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m just talking need here, the needs are already known. I’ve already heard several times that they’re very impressed with the play of mediocre Jordan. I imagine they believe Hart has earned his contract too.

Hart only has to play 1 good game the rest of this season and the Inbreds will be convinced he can do the same over 16 games next season. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 07:47 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I agree if he’s 100% ready. I just don’t have faith in this organization that he is 100% ready for game action. Obviously, he should be by next spring. According to the Bengals, he’s ready now. This isn’t a good organization, so hopefully it’s true. I’d prefer his first physical action in warm weather. Would anyone really be surprised if he played and got seriously messed up? I would be zero surprised. Again, I’m just weighing what there is to gain vs. what there is to lose.

Looks like it doesn't matter

(12-12-2019, 07:35 PM)pally Wrote:  
Reply/Quote
Do not let him play. He's coming of a major injury and the season is already over. There is no need to rush him.
Reply/Quote