Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah squatted 600 lbs!
I guess Jonah has been posting some videos of his workouts.  I understand why he isn't with the team for these "voluntary"  workouts, but I wish he was here.

He reportedly (James Rapien today on Locked on Bengals) squatted 600 lbs and did the 5% past 90 degree drop.  If this is true, 20 weeks after his surgery, that is great news and hopefully signals a stronger, more fit, Jonah for the 2023 season.  

I may be the only one, but I am kind of intrigued at the idea of Carman getting the RT job after a desperate team offers a great trade for Jonah.  With that money off the books, they could add another quality vet seeking a ring.  Regardless, I am happy to see Jonah going after it.

EDIT:  Update:  here is the link to his squat of 605 x 3 (Sorry I shorted you the 5 lbs Jonah)

Look: Bengals OT Jonah Williams shares another workout update (usatoday.com)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 09:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I guess Jonah has been posting some videos of his workouts.  I understand why he isn't with the team for these "voluntary"  workouts, but I wish he was here.

He reportedly (James Rapien today on Locked on Bengals) squatted 600 lbs and did the 5% past 90 degree drop.  If this is true, 20 weeks after his surgery, that is great news and hopefully signals a stronger, more fit, Jonah for the 2023 season.  

I may be the only one, but I am kind of intrigued at the idea of Carman getting the RT job after a desperate team offers a great trade for Jonah.  With that money off the books, they could add another quality vet seeking a ring.  Regardless, I am happy to see Jonah going after it.

Isnt he still rehabing?
Reply/Quote
Sounds like he should be at ota's. Diva
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 09:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I guess Jonah has been posting some videos of his workouts. I understand why he isn't with the team for these "voluntary" workouts, but I wish he was here.

He reportedly (James Rapien today on Locked on Bengals) squatted 600 lbs and did the 5% past 90 degree drop. If this is true, 20 weeks after his surgery, that is great news and hopefully signals a stronger, more fit, Jonah for the 2023 season.

I may be the only one, but I am kind of intrigued at the idea of Carman getting the RT job after a desperate team offers a great trade for Jonah. With that money off the books, they could add another quality vet seeking a ring. Regardless, I am happy to see Jonah going after it.

That was a good podcast
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I hope Jonah mentally locks in and is ready to compete and help the team win even if it comes with the position change.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 09:42 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I hope Jonah mentally locks in and is ready to compete and help the team win even if it comes with the position change.

as a professional if hes on the field im sure he will be putting in his best effort.  or he only hurts his future earnings
Reply/Quote
It would be nice to see him work through this and become a top notch RT for us.
Reply/Quote
So what? Cordell Volson can squat 2 full tons. Now that’s impressive

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 11:25 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: So what? Cordell Volson can squat 2 full tons. Now that’s impressive

While watching "how to squat" videos on youtube, at the same time..  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I know Jonah & Collins both disappointed last year. The line was awful early. And then Jonah played through the dislocated kneecap. Collins had back issues. But I think there is a significant chance both guys come back healthier and better this year.

Further, Carman & Volson should both improve. And Brown is a LT upgrade.

I feel pretty good about 7 of our OL. Highest that number has been in a while.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 09:16 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Isnt he still rehabing?

He is but is posting his improvement periodically. The post the other day shows him squatting over 100 lbs. more than he did on his last post. He's working hard, regardless of what some people want to believe. 
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 09:32 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Sounds like he should be at ota's.  Diva

He's right where he needs to be, working with his strength and conditioning coaches getting his knees right. 
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 09:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I guess Jonah has been posting some videos of his workouts.  I understand why he isn't with the team for these "voluntary"  workouts, but I wish he was here.

This is good news as you say regardless, I hope Jonah stays healthy this year and plays great for us. I just don't see it happening...

Expecting Carman to be the starting RT come the opener and I think he plays well there. LC coming off that bad injury, I doubt he is 
100% by that time. Should be a great competition at RT between Jonah and Carman if Jonah is working his ass off like it looks like he
is and if we could trade Jonah for something I would be down just the same.

Sure would be a brighter future around here if we know who our RT of the future is and he is solid. Hoping for Carman to be the man.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is good news as you say regardless, I hope Jonah stays healthy this year and plays great for us. I just don't see it happening...

Expecting Carman to be the starting RT come the opener and I think he plays well there. LC coming off that bad injury, I doubt he is 
100% by that time. Should be a great competition at RT between Jonah and Carman if Jonah is working his ass off like it looks like he

Sure would be a brighter future around here if we know who our RT of the future is and he is solid. Hoping for Carman to be the man.

finally found a player that Nate is negative about... Jonah Williams

Nate's one of those guys

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 05:06 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: finally found a player that Nate is negative about... Jonah Williams

Nate's one of those guys

Yep, lol  Hilarious

He won't be here anyways after this year, have to root for the dudes that might be...
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is good news as you say regardless, I hope Jonah stays healthy this year and plays great for us. I just don't see it happening...

100% by that time
. Should be a great competition at RT between Jonah and Carman if Jonah is working his ass off like it looks like he

LC gets kind of forgotten about due to his injury and health issues early on, but I think people that say he will be cut are crazy.  I feel really good about that dude coming off the bench at any position other than center.  Heck, if Volson doesn't take the next step (I believe he will) then he could compete at LG.  That was where he started in this league.  Can you imagine a mauler like him next to Brown?  My God.  That is like 750 lbs of mack truck on the left side.

Either way, whichever DOESN'T win the job between Carman and Jonah, I feel pretty good about the loser of that competition being quality depth.  We needed 3 replacements last year at the end of the season.  

I also think Cody Ford has a re-birth here and will be a solid addition.  
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 05:06 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: finally found a player that Nate is negative about... Jonah Williams

Nate's one of those guys

(06-07-2023, 05:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, lol  Hilarious

He won't be here anyways after this year, have to root for the dudes that might be...

I think he's following you, Nate.  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 02:07 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I know Jonah & Collins both disappointed last year. The line was awful early. And then Jonah played through the dislocated kneecap. Collins had back issues. But I think there is a significant chance both guys come back healthier and better this year.

Further, Carman & Volson should both improve. And Brown is a LT upgrade.

I feel pretty good about 7 of our OL. Highest that number has been in a while.

I agree, the RT position will be a fierce fight!
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 06:00 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: LC gets kind of forgotten about due to his injury and health issues early on, but I think people that say he will be cut are crazy.  I feel really good about that dude coming off the bench at any position other than center.  Heck, if Volson doesn't take the next step (I believe he will) then he could compete at LG.  That was where he started in this league.  Can you imagine a mauler like him next to Brown?  My God.  That is like 750 lbs of mack truck on the left side.

Either way, whichever DOESN'T win the job between Carman and Jonah, I feel pretty good about the loser of that competition being quality depth.  We needed 3 replacements last year at the end of the season.  

I also think Cody Ford has a re-birth here and will be a solid addition.  

Damn rights. I feel pretty good about our OL situation for once and how we can use them in different ways. LC like you said can 
play LG if Volson gets hurt or doesn't improve. But like you (believe he will improve big time from his rookie season). Finally having 
some depth is only a good thing.

(06-07-2023, 06:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think he's following you, Nate.  Mellow

He can be creepy like that lol  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Working on leg strength is good but Jonah also needs to work on his core. If someone is bull rushing you, hitting you high and forcing you to bend back that's also an issue with core strength
Reply/Quote