Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah squatted 600 lbs!
I have to say, I gained a lot of respect back for Jonah. He handled that interview really well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2023, 08:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you said jonah needs to nut up

dont tell me what I cant read

I did. And then so did he. 
Nut up I mean. I said he needed to nut up and do what he’s paid to do. He had a minor tanty and wanted out but then he nutted up, took it all on board and got down to do what he’s paid to do. 
Man, now I’ve wasted about 6 paragraphs of my life talking to Frank which I swore I’d never do. 

I’m sure you can read to a fashion but I don’t think comprehension is your strong suit mate. Nothing wrong with that I guess. 
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2023, 10:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have to say, I gained a lot of respect back for Jonah. He handled that interview really well.

He did. 
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2023, 10:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have to say, I gained a lot of respect back for Jonah. He handled that interview really well.

To be honest it was kinda amateur for so many to disrespect Jonah over this ordeal.  There are several here that look silly today due to their comments and name calling.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2023, 04:23 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You all need to be sitting down for this:
That’s on Zac. He’s the HC. Poor communication. Disappointed in him

Well, to be fair, this is Jonah's perspective, and I'm sure the front office and Zac have a different one. Not saying either are wrong, but everyone has their own perspective with things. I don't blame Jonah for asking for a trade one bit. I'm also glad he's back and competing for a spot. RT is now a position on the team where players can't just show up and play because someone is going to take that spot.
Reply/Quote

He's gonna have to lost that crappy attempt at a crappy man bun though.....
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 08:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, to be fair, this is Jonah's perspective, and I'm sure the front office and Zac have a different one. Not saying either are wrong, but everyone has their own perspective with things. I don't blame Jonah for asking for a trade one bit. I'm also glad he's back and competing for a spot. RT is now a position on the team where players can't just show up and play because someone is going to take that spot.

It really isn't a perspective issue.  They have either communicated with him or they haven't.  Of course the FO would not be expected to contact Jonah prior or during the trading process.  I am little surprised that he has had no contact with them as of yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 08:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's gonna have to lost that crappy attempt at a crappy man bun though.....

He can wear pigtails for all I care if he keeps Burrow clean.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 08:57 AM)casear2727 Wrote: It really isn't a perspective issue.  They have either communicated with him or they haven't.  Of course the FO would not be expected to contact Jonah prior or during the trading process.  I am little surprised that he has had no contact with them as of yesterday.

Again, Jonah says there was "no" communication. Does that really mean they didn't communicate with him at all, or just not as much as he thought they should? I find it very hard to believe no one in the front office talked to him at all. If that's the case, how did he know they wanted him to switch sides. I suspect the answer is in the middle somewhere. 
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 09:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, Jonah says there was "no" communication. Does that really mean they didn't communicate with him at all, or just not as much as he thought they should? I find it very hard to believe no one in the front office talked to him at all. If that's the case, how did he know they wanted him to switch sides. I suspect the answer is in the middle somewhere. 

Jonah said no one from the FO has contacted him as of yesterday.  You can call him a liar I guess, but Im not sure why he would say that if it wasn't true?

How did we all know they wanted him to switch sides?  No one from the FO contacted any of us either.

What is a middle answer to there was contact or there was no contact?

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 08:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's gonna have to lost that crappy attempt at a crappy man bun though.....

If he's going to mimic the look of a Sumo Grand Champion, let's just hope that he plays like a Yokozuna.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 09:56 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Jonah said no one from the FO has contacted him as of yesterday.  You can call him a liar I guess, but Im not sure why he would say that if it wasn't true?

How did we all know they wanted him to switch sides?  No one from the FO contacted any of us either.

What is a middle answer to there was contact or there was no contact?

I took it as their had been no response to his trade request. The Bengals just ignored it lol.

There had to be some kinda communication because even he said he was preparing to play RT before he got in Cincy. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 10:15 AM)Synric Wrote: I took it as their had been no response to his trade request. The Bengals just ignored it lol.

There had to be some kinda communication because even he said he was preparing to play RT before he got in Cincy. 

Seemed pretty clear to me and the guys on Locked On Bengals podcast that Jonah has had zero contact with the FO as of yesterday.  He had spoken to coaches.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 12:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Seemed pretty clear to me and the guys on Locked On Bengals podcast that Jonah has had zero contact with the FO as of yesterday.  He had spoken to coaches.

Yes Jonah said he had spoken to Zac Taylor the Head Coach and Frank Pollack his position coach. I'm sure they relayed the situation and talked to him about moving to Right Tackle fairly early in the process although not before Orlando Brown was signed.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2023, 06:46 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep, at home, and in the regular season.  Still came really close at KC with 3 backups starting on the offensive line.  

And I hope Casear isn't insinuating Carman was a reason we lost the AFC Championship cause that sure wasn't the case.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 01:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Yes Jonah said he had spoken to Zac Taylor the Head Coach and Frank Pollack his position coach. I'm sure they relayed the situation and talked to him about moving to Right Tackle fairly early in the process although not before Orlando Brown was signed.

Yes, the signing of Orlando Brown was on the fly. It came out of nowhere even to the coaches as Orlando's agent contacted them.

They never thought it was in the cards either. But they had to pounce on such an opportunity to add such a player. Jonah HAS played
RT before, all be it has been a long time.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 08:57 AM)casear2727 Wrote: It really isn't a perspective issue.  They have either communicated with him or they haven't.  Of course the FO would not be expected to contact Jonah prior or during the trading process.  I am little surprised that he has had no contact with them as of yesterday.

As I suspected, it appears he was contacted by the coaches. So like I said, the truth is usually in the middle of most things. 
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 02:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The problem is I have high arches and have spent a lifetime of rucking and jumping out/off of things. 

One DR told me I was built like a thoroughbred who made his living as a plow horse. 

I've had the same problem since my last knee surgery.  Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 have been the most comfortable shoe straight out of the box I've found. I would suggest trying them on to see how they feel for you.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 09:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, Jonah says there was "no" communication. Does that really mean they didn't communicate with him at all, or just not as much as he thought they should? I find it very hard to believe no one in the front office talked to him at all. If that's the case, how did he know they wanted him to switch sides. I suspect the answer is in the middle somewhere. 

He went into the darkness with Rodgers and the spotty cell service and came out with that man bun.
Reply/Quote
I thought he handled the questions well. Love to see him have a healthy & productive season for us.
Reply/Quote