Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jones Pleads guilty
(05-16-2017, 03:15 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: I'm curious what type of suspension he is facing?  Maybe a suspension can be good if it gets W. Jackson on the field.

I would say between 4-6 games. He'll most certainly be suspended, but the length is debatable. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 10:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: This is a misdeameanor...    Predicted Suspension  0 GAMES!!!!!

you all acting like he ran into a preschool and start kicking babys

And you're acting like he's a civil human being who gives back to the community.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 10:56 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I would say between 4-6 games. He'll most certainly be suspended, but the length is debatable. 

2 minimum- 4 max

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 11:00 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: And you're acting like he's a civil human being who gives back to the community.

he does give back to the community...       but anything he does wrong gets blown way out of proportion because of his past.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 10:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: This is a misdeameanor...    Predicted Suspension  0 GAMES!!!!!

you all acting like he ran into a preschool and start kicking babys

He'll get something just because he's a repeat offender.

I agree though...I doubt it's too severe.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 11:17 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: he does give back to the community...       but anything he does wrong gets blown way out of proportion because of his past.

That's because he has yet to prove he can change the person he was in the past. 
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 11:06 AM)jeremydc Wrote: 2 minimum- 4 max

He got a year in 2007, in which Goodell said the following:

"Your conduct has brought embarrassment and ridicule upon yourself, your club, and the NFL, and has damaged the reputation of players throughout the league. You have put in jeopardy an otherwise promising NFL career, and have risked both your own safety and the safety of others through your off-field actions. In each of these respects, you have engaged in conduct detrimental to the NFL and failed to live up to the standards expected of NFL players. Taken as a whole, this conduct warrants significant sanction."

hard to say, but with the last sentence, I say 4 games is the floor and around 10 games is the ceiling.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 11:17 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: he does give back to the community...       but anything he does wrong gets blown way out of proportion because of his past.

Xeno, I agree for the most part, but you have to at least concede the fact that PacMan has a glaring problem with keeping his emotions in check whether it be on field or off the field, and even more of a problem with true accountability for those actions.

I don't think he is an inherently bad guy, I really don't, but the man has issues.  He has done a decent job the last couple years of keeping those issues in check, but when they surface it gets real ugly real fast.  Add on top the fact that he has a long, dark history of infractions and you have to understand why people (including myself) would support a suspension and/or release, even for a transgression that could be seen as relatively "minor".  
Reply/Quote
Should've called Hutz...charges would've been dismissed in full and PacMan would've received a public apology from all involved! Just playing...suspension likely coming and either way, this will probably be the last year PacMan wearing Bengals' stripes (no guarantees on any other stripes in the future) unless he plays a lot better than last year.
Reply/Quote
No telling. There's still no standardized system suspensions, which is ridiculous.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Hopefully he gets multiple games, the younger guys look good and when his suspension is over, the team just moves on from him.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Just was looking at the article about Peko of at SB Nation and saw another article that was about Kirkpatrick was the second guy involved in the whole PacMAn fiasco..
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 05:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I listened to Marvin the other day on Sirius and he said something that made me cringe. He tells the young players to look at the veterans on the team at their position and emulate them; as they have done everything necessary to have longevity in the league.

I was hoping the interviewer would have said "Even at Cornerback?", but he didn't. I wish we would have kept Hall and sent Adam packing last year.

Makes me cringe as well. If he had already cut the guy this would of been the right thing to say.

Keep Mixon away from Adam is all i can say until hopefully we cut Adam. We don't need the repeat offender anyways.

I don't believe him at all when he said this made him a better person, he would of learned a long time ago if this was the case.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 02:55 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just was looking at the article about Peko of at SB Nation and saw another article that was about Kirkpatrick was the second guy involved in the whole PacMAn fiasco..

Need to keep him away from Kirkpatrick as well. We don't need these distractions and it is not like we need Pacman either.

We are stacked at CB and returner now.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need to keep him away from Kirkpatrick as well. We don't need these distractions and it is not like we need Pacman either.

We are stacked at CB and returner now.

They've been team mates for, what, 5 years now? Dre has been clean, so I don't put to much into Pacman being the guy who says "lets go beat this dude up" type stuff to the younger guys, but rather the message it sends to them that his behavior is acceptable.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 03:11 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: They've been team mates for, what, 5 years now? Dre has been clean, so I don't put to much into Pacman being the guy who says "lets go beat this dude up" type stuff to the younger guys, but rather the message it sends to them that his behavior is acceptable.

True, Dre should be fine but Mixon is still a question mark.

Which is why Pac needs to go.

Marv saying what he is saying about the younger guys needing to "emulate" the veterans is weird to me with this guy still here. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 03:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, Dre should be fine but Mixon is still a question mark.

Which is why Pac needs to go.

Marv saying what he is saying about the younger guys needing to "emulate" the veterans is weird to me with this guy still here. Mellow

Dre expressed his love towards Mike Brown when Brown came out and told the media about Pacman and his daughter. Dre said he he was thankful that Pacman wouldn't be released. WJ3 also said he didn't want Pacman to leave because he was his mentor. It's frustrating how our team leader is out there acting like jackass and we have to accept that there will be no accountability.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 04:20 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Dre expressed his love towards Mike Brown when Brown came out and told the media about Pacman and his daughter. Dre said he he was thankful that Pacman wouldn't be released. WJ3 also said he didn't want Pacman to leave because he was his mentor. It's frustrating how our team leader is out there acting like jackass and we have to accept that there will be no accountability.

Makes me scratch my head that is for sure.
Reply/Quote

It's very hard to change someone's opinion of another once it's been formed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 04:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's very hard to change someone's opinion of another once it's been formed.

True, when i thought his past was behind him i wanted him to be brought back.

But that was also before he played poorly last year....

Then this. I don't think he has learned anything from these run ins with the law. I don't believe the guy anymore.

It is not good for the team to have him around IMHO.

We are stacked at Corner, we can afford to let him go even if Dre and WJ3 want him to stay.
Reply/Quote