Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jones Pleads guilty
(05-17-2017, 10:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: This is a misdeameanor...    Predicted Suspension  0 GAMES!!!!!

you all acting like he ran into a preschool and start kicking babys

No. He just resisted arrest and told the cops that he hopes they die.

Also, he's been suspended for getting into an altercation with his body guard where ZERO charges were filed. No police report. No arrests. Nothing. He was suspended for 4 games.

Jones will get suspended and he deserves it.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
The full arrest tape has been released. Along with some other videos in the description underneath.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/05/16/adam-pacman-jones-pleads-obstructing-police/324744001/

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 11:17 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: he does give back to the community...       but anything he does wrong gets blown way out of proportion because of his past.

And that is exactly the point.  He has long ago lost the benefit of the doubt because of his past.  He is, at the very least, on two strikes.  Nobody did this to him but him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 11:47 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He got a year in 2007, in which Goodell said the following:

"Your conduct has brought embarrassment and ridicule upon yourself, your club, and the NFL, and has damaged the reputation of players throughout the league. You have put in jeopardy an otherwise promising NFL career, and have risked both your own safety and the safety of others through your off-field actions. In each of these respects, you have engaged in conduct detrimental to the NFL and failed to live up to the standards expected of NFL players. Taken as a whole, this conduct warrants significant sanction."

hard to say, but with the last sentence, I say 4 games is the floor and around 10 games is the ceiling.

Valid point

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 02:10 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Hopefully he gets multiple games, the younger guys look good and when his suspension is over, the team just moves on from him.

That's my dream.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
acting like that when the cops are around and knowing it's being filmed..... I can only imagine how much of an ass clown he was being before that.

Yeah yeah every team has knuckleheads. But the successful teams don't have them as leaders.
Reply/Quote
So where is the outrage over the people that made these false claims against Pac?

No evidence of any head-butting, eye-poking, or physical assault of any type. So basically Pac was just upset because he was getting arrested for something he did not do.

He made a big mistake not cooperating with the p[olice, but this is nothing compared with driving drunk, using drugs, or assauklting anyone. No other player in the league would get suspended over something like this, but Pac will rpobably get a game. Maybe 2.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 02:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What is Jones sorry for? He didn't do anything wrong according to someone on here.  Ninja

I must have missed that.

Who around here claimed he did nothing wrong?

And why are you chosing to take this thread in this direction?
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 04:59 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The full arrest tape has been released. Along with some other videos in the description underneath.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/05/16/adam-pacman-jones-pleads-obstructing-police/324744001/

Seems to me that all he had to do was cooperate with the police.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 09:21 AM)McC Wrote: Seems to me that all he had to do was cooperate with the police.

Imagine that? What a novel concept. But apparently if you are innocent you can ignore and disrespect the popo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 09:45 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Imagine that?  What a novel concept.  But apparently if you are innocent you can ignore and disrespect the popo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do what they say, you get in the car, you go downtown, you get bail, the charges are dropped, the story ends there.  But that's not how he's wired.

Reply/Quote
So Adam Jones will be suspended the first 8 games and Dennard, WJ3 or Shaw will step up in his place only to go back down the totem pole once he's back.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 10:06 AM)McC Wrote: You do what they say, you get in the car, you go downtown, you get bail, the charges are dropped, the story ends there.  But that's not how he's wired.

Exactly.

(05-18-2017, 10:19 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: So Adam Jones will be suspended the first 8 games and Dennard, WJ3 or Shaw will step up in his place only to go back down the totem pole once he's back.

That would totally blow. Cut the guy before the season man. This would be the sheer ignorance us fans have always
had a problem with. Give these young guys a shot. Shaw was way better than Adam last year, way better and WJ3 and
Dennard have tons of talent. They need snaps.

Sadly i hope he gets suspended for the whole year so this doesn't happen.

That is how much faith i have in Marv and MB.
Reply/Quote
My my, how quickly we go from 'We need thugs on this team"  http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-We-need-thugs-on-this-team?page=2 to ZERO and back in a day or two..
I'm not in the business of playing judge, jury and executioner on TV while at the same time supporting those I want hanged in public.   
Can we just go ahead and adopt Harper Valley PTA as our official theme song? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 12:55 PM)grampahol Wrote: My my, how quickly we go from 'We need thugs on this team"  http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-We-need-thugs-on-this-team?page=2 to ZERO and back in a day or two..
I'm not in the business of playing judge, jury and executioner on TV while at the same time supporting those I want hanged in public.   

Easy.....

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR85xV7fqe9SLwEv6EXDR_...K6E0HFFE0A]

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 01:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Easy.....

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR85xV7fqe9SLwEv6EXDR_...K6E0HFFE0A]

I yell at clouds all the time. There's one overhead right this very moment I could pretend is causing all my troubles. 
I don't know that we need thugs so much as players willing to lay punishment against other teams when they try to play thug against us and coaches willing to go along with that.
The term thug is tossed around a bit too much anyway. 
As a young man I hung out with real thugs. I'm not proud of it, but they're all far cry from the likes of hard nose football players.
Real thugs tend to go to prison for long periods of time. Football players not so much. 
The truth of the matter is very few guys pursue football as a way to improve society as a whole. No team ever recruited a player just because little boys and girls will want to grow up and become pillars of society. If they recruited thugs the only place football players would come from would be maximum security prisons, certainly not institutions of higher learning. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 01:34 PM)grampahol Wrote: I yell at clouds all the time. There's one overhead right this very moment I could pretend is causing all my troubles. 
I don't know that we need thugs so much as players willing to lay punishment against other teams when they try to play thug against us and coaches willing to go along with that.
The term thug is tossed around a bit too much anyway. 
As a young man I hung out with real thugs. I'm not proud of it, but they're all far cry from the likes of hard nose football players.
Real thugs tend to go to prison for long periods of time. Football players not so much. 
The truth of the matter is very few guys pursue football as a way to improve society as a whole. No team ever recruited a player just because little boys and girls will want to grow up and become pillars of society. If they recruited thugs the only place football players would come from would be maximum security prisons, certainly not institutions of higher learning. 

.....but ya gotta wonder....how many would be in prisons if not for football.  Some guys get in trouble while playing, others fall after the game as it is.  Look at guys like Rae Carruth, Ray Lewis, Aaron Hernandez, Ryan Leaf, etc.  Some guys are saved from the wrong path because of football.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 12:55 PM)grampahol Wrote: My my, how quickly we go from 'We need thugs on this team"  http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-We-need-thugs-on-this-team?page=2 to ZERO and back in a day or two..

Adam sucked last year too, don't forget that. Damn cloud. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 08:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So where is the outrage over the people that made these false claims against Pac?

No evidence of any head-butting, eye-poking, or physical assault of any type.  So basically Pac was just upset because he was getting arrested for something he did not do.

He made a big mistake not cooperating with the p[olice, but this is nothing compared with driving drunk, using drugs, or assauklting anyone.  No other player in the league would get suspended over something like this, but Pac will rpobably get a game.  Maybe 2.

Because no one else has an arrest record like Adam Jones. He continues to do stupid things.

And he will be suspended longer than that. He was suspended in 2008 for an altercation with his body guard where no arrests were made, nor charges or police.

Also. Adam Jones has assaulted someone. Jones has been publicly intoxicated and arrested for it.

Oh. And let's not forget the Las Vegas Shooting he was involved in 10 years ago. And no. Everyone knows he didn't shoot anyone. But he was involved with the altercation and certainly had a hand in things escalating, including a claim that he hit a dancer's head off the floor because she took money. Because of Adam Jones, the situation happened and escalated. They were his entourage. He isn't an innocent human being. He has messed up. A lot.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 04:43 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Because no one else has an arrest record like Adam Jones. He continues to do stupid things.

And he will be suspended longer than that. He was suspended in 2008 for an altercation with his body guard where no arrests were made, nor charges or police.

Also. Adam Jones has assaulted someone. Jones has been publicly intoxicated and arrested for it.

Oh. And let's not forget the Las Vegas Shooting he was involved in 10 years ago. And no. Everyone knows he didn't shoot anyone. But he was involved with the altercation and certainly had a hand in things escalating, including a claim that he hit a dancer's head off the floor because she took money. Because of Adam Jones, the situation happened and escalated. They were his entourage. He isn't an innocent human being. He has messed up. A lot.

No doubt Wolf, we need to move on from this guy.
Reply/Quote