Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jones and Burfict
I just want to say Thanks!! For having the backbone to stand up for the team. We lost but we didn't allow them to bully us over. For this I want to say Thanks!! The more I think about it... I am glad to have Jones and Burfict on our Team. I am glad you guys did what you did cause of what they did to Gio... and Poynter with his smug look on his face.. needed to be attacked he knew what he was doing.. Thanks Adam. Even though it was terrible timing I am glad you guys did what you did... If this was a different generation it would be perceived differently. It would be expected that you have your teammates back. Going down the middle of the field you knew you were going to get hit.. back in the day.. It actually made the game worth watching... cause they did not just run over us.. they knew there would be some retaliation for THEIR actions. The NFL has become to soft, this generation has become to soft, can't say this or say that... Thanks for getting in on Ben and taking him down.. we will be pinned as Thugs and the bad team but there is a reason why the two "Thugs" did what they did... something prompted them to do what they did and it was the behavior of the other team. Before anyone says they should act professional and be professional there is a time when the line has been crossed and you have to make your stand and this is what they did.. I am glad they are on the team even if the majority of people do not see it this way.. and that they may not be here next year.. Horrible timing of what occurred but there was reason behind it and this should not be overlooked. At least the steelers now know there is consciousnesses for their actions. There has been many games against them that they just had their way with us and it was the norm. THE NFL is not supposed to be a political correct sport... I hope both of them are back in stripes next year!!!
Reply/Quote
Yikes man, I don't know. I know they aren't solely to blame but, if they keep their cool at the end, you and I are talking about the patriots right now. They gave them nearly a third of the field with two very avoidable penalties. Very hard to be in their corner today.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:33 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I just want to say Thanks!!  For having the backbone to stand up for the team.  We lost but we didn't allow them to bully us over.  For this I want to say Thanks!!  The more I think about it...  I am glad to have Jones and Burfict on our Team.  I am glad you guys did what you did cause of what they did to Gio... and Poynter with his smug look on his face.. needed to be attacked he knew what he was doing..  Thanks Adam.  Even though it was terrible timing I am glad you guys did what you did...    If this was a different generation it would be perceived differently.  It would be expected that you have your teammates back.  Going down the middle of the field you knew you were going to get hit.. back in the day..  It actually made the game worth watching...  cause they did not just run over us.. they knew there would be some retaliation for THEIR actions.  The NFL has become to soft, this generation has become to soft, can't say this or say that...  Thanks for getting in on Ben and taking him down..  we will be pinned as Thugs and the bad team but there is a reason why the two "Thugs" did what they did...  something prompted them to do what they did and it was the behavior of the other team.  Before anyone says they should act professional and be professional there is a time when the line has been crossed and you have to make your stand and this is what they did..  I am glad they are on the team even if the majority of people do not see it this way..  and that they may not be here next year..  Horrible timing of what occurred but there was reason behind it and this should not be overlooked.  At least the steelers now know there is consciousnesses for their actions. There has been many games against them that they just had their way with us and it was the norm.   THE NFL is not supposed to be a political correct sport...    I hope both of them are back in stripes next year!!!
I 100% agree. And the media says that the Bengals are the dirtiest team in football. I want 53 Burficts. At least he knows how to play to the Steelers' despicable level of dirtiness.

Burfict plays football at a passion few in the NFL play. If Burfict wasn't in that game, the Steelers roll on the Bengals. He made it close. He sacked Big Ben legally. He made that pick to setup the win. I won't throw him under the bus...

The Steelers will never take the Bengals lightly ever again. The mistakes at the end are on Marvin Lewis. Situational football and intelligent football are on him, not Jones and Burfict's passion for the game...
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:01 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yikes man, I don't know. I know they aren't solely to blame but, if they keep their cool at the end, you and I are talking about the patriots right now. They gave them nearly a third of the field with two very avoidable penalties. Very hard to be in their corner today.

Well, actually the refs "gave" them half of those yards, simply by refusing to flag Porter for being on the field illegally.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, actually the refs "gave" them half of those yards, simply by refusing to flag Porter for being on the field illegally.

Look at Porters Face he knew exactly what he was doing......
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, actually the refs "gave" them half of those yards, simply by refusing to flag Porter for being on the field illegally.

I don't disagree with this but in that situation paceman HAS to walk away and focus on getting them off the field. He just has to.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:12 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Look at Porters Face he knew exactly what he was doing......

Of course he did.  The Steelers gave him the freaking game ball..  I posted the link to the story in the "Burfict is the dirtiest player" thread.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:33 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I just want to say Thanks!!  For having the backbone to stand up for the team.  We lost but we didn't allow them to bully us over.  For this I want to say Thanks!!  The more I think about it...  I am glad to have Jones and Burfict on our Team.  I am glad you guys did what you did cause of what they did to Gio... and Poynter with his smug look on his face.. needed to be attacked he knew what he was doing..  Thanks Adam.  Even though it was terrible timing I am glad you guys did what you did...    If this was a different generation it would be perceived differently.  It would be expected that you have your teammates back.  Going down the middle of the field you knew you were going to get hit.. back in the day..  It actually made the game worth watching...  cause they did not just run over us.. they knew there would be some retaliation for THEIR actions.  The NFL has become to soft, this generation has become to soft, can't say this or say that...  Thanks for getting in on Ben and taking him down..  we will be pinned as Thugs and the bad team but there is a reason why the two "Thugs" did what they did...  something prompted them to do what they did and it was the behavior of the other team.  Before anyone says they should act professional and be professional there is a time when the line has been crossed and you have to make your stand and this is what they did..  I am glad they are on the team even if the majority of people do not see it this way..  and that they may not be here next year..  Horrible timing of what occurred but there was reason behind it and this should not be overlooked.  At least the steelers now know there is consciousnesses for their actions. There has been many games against them that they just had their way with us and it was the norm.   THE NFL is not supposed to be a political correct sport...    I hope both of them are back in stripes next year!!!
Burfict is cut from the same mold as Ray Lewis. Here's the difference, Burfict's problem is that he's only a violent knucklehead on the field. If he'd, say, stab some dude to death outside a strip club or rape a girl in a bar bathroom or beat a toddler with a stick until he bruises and bleeds, he'd be a media darling.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:26 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Burfict is cut from the same mold as Ray Lewis. Here's the difference, Burfict's problem is that he's only a violent knucklehead on the field. If he'd, say, stab some dude to death outside a strip club or rape a girl in a bar bathroom or beat a toddler with a stick until he bruises and bleeds, he'd be a media darling.

REP!
Reply/Quote

Give me a freaking break. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:05 PM)TexasorBusted Wrote: I 100% agree. And the media says that the Bengals are the dirtiest team in football. I want 53 Burficts. At least he knows how to play to the Steelers' despicable level of dirtiness.

Burfict plays football at a passion few in the NFL play. If Burfict wasn't in that game, the Steelers roll on the Bengals. He made it close. He sacked Big Ben legally. He made that pick to setup the win. I won't throw him under the bus...

The Steelers will never take the Bengals lightly ever again. The mistakes at the end are on Marvin Lewis. Situational football and intelligent football are on him, not Jones and Burfict's passion for the game...

Im sorry but passion does not mean it is ok to have a lack of discipline.  Sanu and Gio are just as passionate as Burfict and Jones but you rarely see them make those type of mistakes... 

As for blaming Marvin for the fumble .. come on man.... he made the right call but we fumbled... 
Reply/Quote
Love them both on this team. Refs would've thrown some shit illegal contact/PI either way eventually. There was an agenda and if you don't see it you're blind, a steelers fan, or believe the shit the media spoon feeds you.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:01 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yikes man, I don't know. I know they aren't solely to blame but, if they keep their cool at the end, you and I are talking about the patriots right now. They gave them nearly a third of the field with two very avoidable penalties. Very hard to be in their corner today.

I would contend that if they didn't play so aggressive then the Steelers easily go down the field and get the FG.

They needed less than 15 yards, it was 1st down, if the penalty is not called, then they would be at 2nd and 10.  If Burfict played soft, then Brown or Bryant or anyone for that matter would have been able to get the 1st down and possibly the needed 15 yards.  They spike the ball and send out the kicker.  It would have been a longer try, but still within range.

The more I think about it, the more I think the whole thing could be a set up.

Brown goes down and stays down.  Refs throw the flag late, knowing that the refs would be attending to the player, Brown stays down even longer.  Giving Porter time to go out and start up some trouble, hoping that the refs ignore him being on the field and when a Bengal's player retaliates, then the ref throws the flag, thus granting them another 15 yards and an easy FG.

On another note, someone should make a meme with Tomlin that says, "Phew, good thing Hill fumbled, Pass Interference penalties cost more than Personal Fouls, and I would have probably had to do back to back PIs to win this thing."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im sorry but passion does not mean it is ok to have a lack of discipline.  Sanu and Gio are just as passionate as Burfict and Jones but you rarely see them make those type of mistakes... 

As for blaming Marvin for the fumble .. come on man.... he made the right call but we fumbled... 

I am sorry but if Burfict and Jones are not on the field, the Bengals lose that game by a lot. I won't throw them under the bus.

I blame Marvin for the team coming out flat on offense for three quarters, no run game, dumb penalties in general (Whitworth twice, Jones and Burfict, etc), not playing smart situational football, and being 0-7 in the playoffs. Excuses are pretty old and everyone has them, but seven straight losses is more than a trend.

At some point you have to realize that Marvin Lewis has a glass ceiling. "The Bengals can never have good things." He is great with drafting, finding talent both in the draft and from the scrapheap of FA, developing talent, etc. Here is the secret to Marvin Lewis's success...His team's talent is best in the league; therefore, beats most teams in the league. The disparity of the Bengals' talent vs most teams is enough to mask Marvin Lewis's limits on gameday coaching. But once his team is in a primetime game (usually vs very talented teams) or the playoffs (again usually vs very talented teams), the difference in talent levels between Bengals' talent vs the other teams' talent is small enough so that coaching factors into the equation. This is why Marvin Lewis's record in primetime games and playoffs is atrocious...Marvin Lewis can't get his teams mentally ready to win the game, play smart football, and usually come out flat. Marvin Lewis is the modern day version of Jim Mora...Their records and careers are eerily similar...
Reply/Quote
Without Burfict and Jone's level of play, we aren't even in that game, and without Hill's fumble we win it.
Reply/Quote
Really if they did not fumble the ball in less than two minutes, then the team would have had the game. That was the turning point.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:12 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Look at Porters Face he knew exactly what he was doing......

No question. Our guys fell for it, and that's on them.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
With all the bad from this game comes some good, thanks to Vontaze Burfict and Adam Jones. These two men, bad-asses both, proved that the Bengals have nothing to fear from the Steelers. No longer will Cincinnati be considered Pittsburgh's "little brother" to quote the awful Jim Nantz. Also, every opposing offense has reason to fear the Bengals' defense every time they step on the field. From now on the Bengals will have a new swagger on defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: With all the bad from this game comes some good, thanks to Vontaze Burfict and Adam Jones.  These two men, bad-asses both, proved that the Bengals have nothing to fear from the Steelers.  No longer will Cincinnati be considered Pittsburgh's "little brother" to quote the awful Jim Nantz.  Also, every opposing offense has reason to fear the Bengals' defense every time they step on the field.  From now on the Bengals will have a new swagger on defense.

Rep. The Steelers may have won this battle, but it sounds like they may have lost the war....Sounds like Big Ben has a separated shoulder...
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:13 PM)TexasorBusted Wrote: Rep. The Steelers may have won this battle, but it sounds like they may have lost the war....Sounds like Big Ben has a separated shoulder...

I do not delight in Ben's injury but I'm glad Vontaze Burfict rocked his world. Mellow
Reply/Quote