Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jones felony charges dropped
(03-22-2017, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is no law against this.

Yes, unfortunately being a classless, useless asshole is not a crime...oh wait...but public intoxication is and there is a law about threatening law enforcement.

(03-22-2017, 04:23 PM)xxlt Wrote: Trying to decide if that is a better title for a movie or a country song. Thoughts?

It has the ability to be a decent country song, but the animation that would be required for the movie adaptation would be amazing.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 03:59 PM)TKUHL Wrote: You have got to be kidding me.....Amazing how that almost never happens to the regular Joe. Looks like they will keep him now depending on what the league decides.

It happens to the average Joe more often than you think. Police will often throw several charges at a person. Sometimes prosecutors can't make all of them stick.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then she probably made up the whole story to begin with.

Even if hr did really spit on her, if she asked for money instead of criminal prosecution then her credibility is shot in any criminal proceeding.

People around here are acting like Pac beat some people up and tore a place up.  the fact is that he just pitched a little hissy fit.  even the assault was not an attack or an attempt to injury.  It was no more than "offensive bodily contact".

No team in the league would release one of there players based on such minor infractions.

This guy is something else.  
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep.

He is not a kid.  Pac is 33 with a wife and kids of his own, but he has the maturity level of a teenager.  If he was going to grow up and "get it" he would have by now.

I think he will eventually do something really stupid and get into some more big trouble.

But not this time.

He already did, in Vegas with the strip club shooting.

That is exactly why you cut him. This is a series of bad life choices, it is time to let him go. The next time he does something really stupid that gets him put in jail, let him be on another team's roster not here. This team needs to shed that shit label not to mention, what could is having a guy on the roster who might get locked up at any given moment because of being stupid.

Cut him, and groom his replacement all camp and then you don't have to worry if he is out drinking all night, let the Browns worry about it.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then she probably made up the whole story to begin with.

Even if hr did really spit on her, if she asked for money instead of criminal prosecution then her credibility is shot in any criminal proceeding.

People around here are acting like Pac beat some people up and tore a place up.  the fact is that he just pitched a little hissy fit.  even the assault was not an attack or an attempt to injury.  It was no more than "offensive bodily contact".

No team in the league would release one of there players based on such minor infractions.

Um, I am not a lawyer but isn't there a difference between criminal and civil court?

Like for example, OJ Simpson was not convicted in the criminal trial but he was ordered to pay damages in the civil trial involving the same offense.

So, the notion that a defendant would settle a potential civil suit out of court would not seem to have any bearing on whether a prosecutor pursued a criminal case or whether the victim in said case was credible.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He did not "scuffle" with security. 

I don't think he resisted arrest (he is not charged with that)

And do we really know if he spat on the nurse?  I find it hard to believe that the state would dismiss a charge like if they had any proof that he actually did it.

In the video he spits on the cage in the cruiser numerous times. He has spat on players on the football field. I don't find the claim he spat on the nurse outlandish at all. I also don't find it strange that the charge was dismissed, not because of lack of evidence, but because Joe Deters re-election campaign needs money and Adam can make it rain.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: This dude will never learn, especially if he keeps getting off the hook.

100% agreed. He is who he is and it's embarrassing now for our city, not just our team, that he is continually given a pass.
Reply/Quote
Well, sounds like he will still be here. Doubt he just gets it, he will probably do one more stupid thing before
he is held accountable and is out of the league. The dude is about as old as me, if he doesn't get it by now he
probably never will.

Use him as a Punt Returner at times if he still has that in him. He definately looked a lot worse last year on the
field. Adam should definately not just be handed the starting Corner position opposite of Kirkpatrick this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 03:59 PM)TKUHL Wrote: You have got to be kidding me.....Amazing how that almost never happens to the regular Joe. Looks like they will keep him now depending on what the league decides.

I suggest you do some digging prior to making such statements. The reality is everyday we have the police protecting illegal immigrants (criminals who entered our country illegally) when they are detained. We have drug dealers and those who assaulted others given reduced prison sentences by Obama. We had terrorists released from Gitmo by Obama only to go back and fight again against us.

My point is we have much more serious situations happening daily than what Adam Jones did or did not do. I just gave the police all the evidence to prosecute an employee for grand theft who had stolen over $10,000 from me and heard they have decided to not press charges because he has a family and the fear of harm it will cause them. Look around closely, this situation while not great conduct and acceptable is not that serious. The Bengals could still choose to cut him for his actions, if so, then he loses a ton of money most likely which is more serious that a conviction with no jail time and fines.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not too mention the actual video from the police cruiser where Pacman tells the police that he hopes they die....

Horrible thing to say, but you do know wishing ill will on anyone is not a crime. He did not threaten a police officer with death, he wished it which while despicable is no crime. I am condoning it at all, these are all things the Bengals should consider as they review the case and decide next steps on whether he keeps his job.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:29 PM)xxlt Wrote: Um, I am not a lawyer but isn't there a difference between criminal and civil court?

Like for example, OJ Simpson was not convicted in the criminal trial but he was ordered to pay damages in the civil trial involving the same offense.

So, the notion that a defendant would settle a potential civil suit out of court would not seem to have any bearing on whether a prosecutor pursued a criminal case or whether the victim in said case was credible.

If Jones paid her, a part of the settlement may be for her retract her statement or refuse to testify against him. But, I a too am not a lawyer so maybe my opinion is wrong.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 05:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The reality is everyday we have the police protecting illegal immigrants (criminals who entered our country illegally) when they are detained.

Police are4 supposed to protect every one they detain.

(03-22-2017, 05:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My point is we have much more serious situations happening daily than what Adam Jones did or did not do. I just gave the police all the evidence to prosecute an employee for grand theft who had stolen over $10,000 from me and heard they have decided to not press charges because he has a family and the fear of harm it will cause them.

I call total BS.  You could get polkice and DAs in a lot of trouble by reporting this.

But you are still going to try and get the $10K through civil court, right?  You are not as crooked as the police taht let him walk are you?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:29 PM)xxlt Wrote: So, the notion that a defendant would settle a potential civil suit out of court would not seem to have any bearing on whether a prosecutor pursued a criminal case or whether the victim in said case was credible.

A civil suite does not effect the credibility of the victim as long as the victim still co-operates with the state in the criminal prosecution.  If the victim does not do that then it appears the the victim was just using the police to get some money out of someone.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:32 PM)xxlt Wrote: I also don't find it strange that the charge was dismissed, not because of lack of evidence, but because Joe Deters re-election campaign needs money and Adam can make it rain.

Actually there is nothing a DA like better during an election than a high profile person to prosecute to get in the news and prove "no one is above the law".
Reply/Quote
From a purely objective point of view:

The language didn't really offend anyone with the PD or the prosecutor's office. Kind of run of the mill stuff for them, and not as bad as what they hear. Trust me on this. But yes, the optics are bad. But in terms of being drunk and belligerent and verbally abusive...that didn't really rate that highly for anyone not named John Q. Public.

The felony charge: True. She didn't help the criminal cause. As for "she got paid." I really, really, really doubt that. She may try to, down the line, but it's a line.

The Bengals: I wrote back in the Senior Bowl the club was torn on Jones, but it was largely due to optics and balancing his effectiveness as a football player. They paid him to be a Pro Bowl corner and his play slipped from that. Honestly, if he is released now, it's for purely football reasons, but I don't think they think they're a better team without him as of today. Which is what I've been saying on our BBP since the Sr. Bowl (and where my colleague PDJ and I disagree). Honestly, we'll have to see if the city of Cincinnati files any charges. Then the league could step in. So there are many more hurdles to cross with this.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Police are4 supposed to protect every one they detain.

I call total BS.  You could get polkice and DAs in a lot of trouble by reporting this.

But you are still going to try and get the $10K through civil court, right?  You are not as crooked as the police taht let him walk are you?

LOL..I always tried to give your BS the benefit of the doubt, but you question someone's integrity you don't know personally,  crosses the line.

"Police are4 supposed to protect every one they detain". Ok, I used the wrong word. The police are supposed to work with others to keep criminals in jail, not freed because of political views.

"I call total BS.  You could get polkice and DAs in a lot of trouble by reporting this".
Really, the attorney says I have no recourse to make the DA file charges, their decision. The detective agrees it is BS and on my side. What does me legally going after someone civally to try and get back my $10,000 have to do with the system not prosecuting a thief so they go to jail? Either way, the likelihood of me getting the money back in the next 2 to 4 years is highly unlikely.  BTW, I am also out attorney fees as well as I have been in conduct with my attorney on how to proceed. But, hey no big deal for you Mr. Attorney, your colleague gets paid either way.

Reply/Quote
Even if it was just a "hissy fit", aren't you tired of his hissy fits on the field. He is certainly known for them. And Marvin clearly can't control him. With a rebuild, why let him influence this new young generation on D to wine and throw fits after giving up every completion. The act should be old by now. But once again MB is somewhere toasting Fred.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 03:59 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: How in the hell does this guy keep dodging all this heat??? He's beyond cat lives at this point. Like a lucky cat, with a four leaf clover around it's neck, chewing on a lucky rabbit's foot, with a lucky horseshoe shoved up it's ass. 

What's worse is now the league won't do much in the way of a suspension if they do anything and the team won't cut him and he'll continue to just do whatever he wants. That is not how a championship football team is built.

That is one lucky cat.   Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep.

He is not a kid.  Pac is 33 with a wife and kids of his own, but he has the maturity level of a teenager.  If he was going to grow up and "get it" he would have by now.

I think he will eventually do something really stupid and get into some more big trouble.

But not this time.

And, in my opinion, this is why the Bengals should be proactive, instead of reactive. He hasn't learned his lesson and I doubt he ever will.

By cutting him, they also send a message to the rest of the team that repeated off-field immaturity and stupidity won't be tolerated.
Reply/Quote
Is anybody actually surprised that the felony charges were dropped? The man obviously has alcohol problems. Marvin has little control over him either on or off the field. His act has grown old with this Bengals fan & at this point I hope he's released. Rather see a younger player at his spot even if there is a drop off in production. I don't want to see him in the uniform any longer.
Reply/Quote