Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jones felony charges dropped
(03-23-2017, 10:16 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Looks like video is out of him spitting

If it was you or I we would probably still be in JAIL!  lol America got to love it if ya got money!
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 10:15 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: LOL 10th time that was a good one REP.

This last incident was actually his 11th since his NFL career
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just wish the Bengals would drop him

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Having the right lawyer means everything in legal troubles. I'm guessing that he's learned to get the best lawyer money can buy. 
My own son was recently charged with DUI among other things, but his lawyer got ALL OF the evidence against him dropped despite the fact that he rolled his truck and demolished another car along the way. I love my son, but I have little doubt he's guilty of everything he was accused of. He won't pay a price for what he did other than attorney fees and he's still drinking. 
My son makes significantly less money than Adam Jones makes as an apartment maintenance guy. The right lawyer can get you off of a murder charge.
Despite the fact he still drinks like a fish he has all of the AA paraphernalia around his apartment..
Dare I say it's all for show?
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 11:00 AM)grampahol Wrote: Having the right lawyer means everything in legal troubles. I'm guessing that he's learned to get the best lawyer money can buy. 
My own son was recently charged with DUI among other things, but his lawyer got ALL OF the evidence against him dropped despite the fact that he rolled his truck and demolished another car along the way. I love my son, but I have little doubt he's guilty of everything he was accused of. He won't pay a price for what he did other than attorney fees and he's still drinking. 
My son makes significantly less money than Adam Jones makes as an apartment maintenance guy. The right lawyer can get you off of a murder charge.
Despite the fact he still drinks like a fish he has all of the AA paraphernalia around his apartment..
Dare I say it's all for show?

AA is for quitters anyway.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 02:20 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Should have gotten rid of him as soon as that video came out. I was fine cutting him after he got arrested again, but once that video came out it went from being fine with it, to it being a necessity.

If the Bengals start this season with Adam Jones and draft Mixon, I don't know how you can cheer for them.

You let Whit go, keep Adam, and scout Mixon? How can you actually ask people to cheer for a team like that? If I wanted to be an awful person cheering for a bunch of shitbags, I would have been a Steelers fan.

I'm with you on Mixon.

As to Pacman, I have to shake my head... I love when people post about how he "is married now and got his life together", "is a great guy because he bought some bicycles for needy kids", "the other person started it, he was just defending himself", etc.  I do not use this word lightly, but the guy is an absolute thug.  End of discussion.  Go read all the arrest reports (make sure you have a good quantity of time), take into account the lives that have been ruined, look up how he has not paid anything towards restitution, consider this is a guy who gets into a fight with his own body guards.  He should have been gone the second that video came out, and not doing so looks really bad on this organization.

Let any of us throw a fit, head but a police officer, and spit on a corrections officer... the beating would be harsh and severe.
Reply/Quote
I hate to say it, but I do know people who have done far worse things than anything Adam Jones is accused of and are still walking around as free and prosperous citizens. One of my best friends at one time was the size of an NFL lineman and moonlighted as a gang enforcer .. Some of the things I know as fact he got away with should have put him in prison for the rest of his life, but it all fell through the cracks. He died a few years ago from an asthma attack. Jones's antics makes for big headlines and emotional responses, but in a real court of law they fall short of what many people imagine they should. If Jones wasn't an NFL player his story wouldn't so much as make the news much less front page news.  It would be some plea bargain done by the public pretender , he'd probably get a month in jail and probation for a few years .
That's the reality of our criminal justice system.
As it is the team invested millions of dollars for Jones to play corner back,  not to be some upstanding citizen of impeccable credentials.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 01:50 AM)xxlt Wrote: Yet you said that she probably made the story up and had no credibility because she may have had a conversation regarding settling a civil suit. Glad to see you are objective and not making the sorts of reckless statements you accused another poster in this thread of.

I think you missed my point.  I have no problem with her filing and collecting on a civil suit.

It is only a problem when she refuses to co-operate with the state on the criminal prosecution.  We can't allow people to use criminal allegations for nothing other than putting the squeeze on people for money.
Reply/Quote
I am a guy that is always in favor of giving a guy a second chance. Justin Smith, Leon Hall and Jonathan Joseph were all guilty of criminal behavior while they were Bengals, but no one remembers it because they never got into any other trouble. And I am also wary of people who get red flags based ona lot of "allegations". Remember when we drafted Frostee Rucker and everyone painted him as a violent sexual predator that all the other teams had taken off their draft boards? He turned out to be a model citizen and excellent teammate as far as I ever heard.

But on the other hand there are guys who just keep messing up over and over and over again. Odell thurman messed up multiple times in college before he was kicked off the football team for an entire year. Then after he was allowed back on the team he got suspended again. When we took him in the draft I told everyone he would be trouble. Adam Jones is like that. Even after getting kicked out ofthe league for repeated bad behavior Jones has kept getting int trouble with the Bengals, but for smoe reason he has not gotten another suspension. The charges always get dropped and no one ever gets hurt. But this time I expect him to get a suspension from the league. But I don't think it will be anything big.

I am not really mad at the Bengals that thye have not released him. The only thing that really upsets me is that it seems to show that the team has no real faith in WJ3 and/or Dennard. If both of those guys looked like first round picks I think it would be a lot more likely that Adam would get released.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think you missed my point.  I have no problem with her filing and collecting on a civil suit.

It is only a problem when she refuses to co-operate with the state on the criminal prosecution.  We can't allow people to use criminal allegations for nothing other than putting the squeeze on people for money.

(03-23-2017, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am a guy that is always in favor of giving a guy a second chance.  Justin Smith, Leon Hall and Jonathan Joseph were all guilty of criminal behavior while they were Bengals, but no one remembers it because they never got into any other trouble.  And I am also wary of people who get red flags based ona lot of "allegations".  Remember when we drafted Frostee Rucker and everyone painted him as a violent sexual predator that all the other teams had taken off their draft boards?  He turned out to be a model citizen and excellent teammate as far as I ever heard.

But on the other hand there are guys who just keep messing up over and over and over again.  Odell thurman messed up multiple times in college before he was kicked off the football team for an entire year.  Then after he was allowed back on the team he got suspended again.  When we took him in the draft I told everyone he would be trouble.  Adam Jones is like that.  Even after getting kicked out ofthe league for repeated bad behavior Jones has kept getting int trouble with the Bengals, but for smoe reason he has not gotten another suspension.  The charges always get dropped and no one ever gets hurt.  But this time I expect him to get a suspension from the league.  But I don't think it will be anything big.

I am not really mad at the Bengals that thye have not released him.  The only thing that really upsets me is that it seems to show that the team has no real faith in WJ3 and/or Dennard.  If both of those guys looked like first round picks I think it would be a lot more likely that Adam would get released.

fred.....I gotta hand it to ya.....there's a helluva lotta truth in these two posts.  

I'm not mad at the Bengals, per se, but I am, however, sorely disappointed.  I know it might put us in a spot, because I agree with what you say about Dennard...not sure on WJIII yet because of quick injury, but I really wish they'd just cut bait.  Jones is just plain trouble.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Pacmans poor judgement was on full display in costing the Bengals their playoff victory.

No doubt in my mind they knew who would take the bait and targeted him with their troll.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 01:36 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Pacmans poor judgement was on full display in costing the Bengals their playoff victory.

No doubt in my mind they knew who would take the bait and targeted him with their troll.

You are giving Joey Porter WAYYYYY too much credit.  He is as stupid as Pac.  He just got lucky that game.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:04 PM)The_WiseOne Wrote: It's called money and it can get you out of trouble!!! 

Too bad he's got a judgement against him for that nightclub shooting. He better save his money for when the bill finally comes due. He is gonna be broke the moment his last game check cashes.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is no law against this.

Court of public opinion certainly won't let him off tho. Personally, I think he's losing a step, he is still probably our best DB, but forget the off the field, his on the field behavior is crap too. He constantly lets his emotions cloud his judgement, and it seems like he gets himself into a dumb penalty situation once a game. Its one of those things, where its not one issue, its a collective pile of issues, that make me want him off this roster. 

You are right, that he is being cleared of wrong doing in most ways, but he still managed to throw a turd sandwich on top of his pile of donkey poo that he calls a reputation.

Just my two cents.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think you missed my point.  I have no problem with her filing and collecting on a civil suit.

Yes, I totally missed your point. When you said, "Then she probably made up the whole story to begin with. Even if hr did really spit on her, if she asked for money instead of criminal prosecution then her credibility is shot in any criminal proceeding," I had no idea that you actually meant, " I have no problem with her filing and collecting on a civil suit. It is only a problem when she refuses to co-operate with the state on the criminal prosecution.  We can't allow people to use criminal allegations for nothing other than putting the squeeze on people for money."

For the record I would miss that point 100 trillion times out of 100 trillion times.

JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

I read a quote from her attorney last night.  He said that she has not yet decided about a civil action and that the reason she retained him is that she was not satisfied with the progress of the criminal action.  Made it seem like the prosecutor's office was not cooperating with her.  He also said that the earlier talk of a civil settlement came from an attorney that she had never even spoken with.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 02:20 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Should have gotten rid of him as soon as that video came out. I was fine cutting him after he got arrested again, but once that video came out it went from being fine with it, to it being a necessity.

If the Bengals start this season with Adam Jones and draft Mixon, I don't know how you can cheer for them.

You let Whit go, keep Adam, and scout Mixon? How can you actually ask people to cheer for a team like that? If I wanted to be an awful person cheering for a bunch of shitbags, I would have been a Steelers fan.

Right on !
Reply/Quote
This whole thing is just a damn circus to be honest and in the end there is only one thing that really matters.

11th time

11th time.

Seriously??? How many times can you get in trouble with the law before you grow up and realize you have kids and you are in your 30's and shouldn't be at a damn bar getting drunk and causing a damn scene.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 07:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This whole thing is just a damn circus to be honest and in the end there is only one thing that really matters.

11th time

11th time.

Seriously??? How many times can you get in trouble with the law before you grow up and realize you have kids and you are in your 30's and shouldn't be at a damn bar getting drunk and causing a damn scene.

Some people never learn that lesson
Reply/Quote
There is an ad at the bottom of this thread - at least there is on my screen - for t-shirts.

I clicked on it and was just looking at some of the offerings. Many are t-shirts my buddies have like the Calahan Auto Parts t...

There is a t-shirt with a picture of a rhino that says, "Save the chubby unicorn!" Not that funny, but whatever...

But when I first looked at it (very tired and watching tv at same time) I read it as, "Save the unicorn chubby!" I think that is a much funnier t-shirt with or without a picture of a rhino.

I share because I care, and this thread needed a little levity.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote