Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jones felony charges dropped
(03-22-2017, 05:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: And, in my opinion, this is why the Bengals should be proactive, instead of reactive. He hasn't learned his lesson and I doubt he ever will.

By cutting him, they also send a message to the rest of the team that repeated off-field immaturity and stupidity won't be tolerated.

I agree, they don't need a felony conviction to cut him. The optics are horrible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep.

He is not a kid.  Pac is 33 with a wife and kids of his own, but he has the maturity level of a teenager.  If he was going to grow up and "get it" he would have by now.

I think he will eventually do something really stupid and get into some more big trouble.

But not this time.

Truth
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 06:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, they don't need a felony conviction to cut him. The optics are horrible.

Exactly ! cut his @$$

He's had waaayyyy to many chances and he's a discipline problem on the field as well. This isn't some young kid that made a mistake. He thinks he's above the law and only thinks of himself. Not something you build a pro football team around.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep.

He is not a kid.  Pac is 33 with a wife and kids of his own, but he has the maturity level of a teenager.  If he was going to grow up and "get it" he would have by now.

I think he will eventually do something really stupid and get into some more big trouble.

But not this time.

True that fred......I just hope it doesn't affect some poor innocent schlub just doin his job.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:04 PM)pally Wrote: The felony charges were related to spitting on the nurse. It was reported earlier she wasn't cooperating with the D.A. supposedly because she was looking for $$$ from Jones. Dropping of the charges could mean she got those $$ from him or that the D.A. gave up on her.

Maybe thats where this years Cap money went.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:06 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Were you there?  Do you know what happened first hand?

It's hard to criticize unless you were there and saw what happened.

Don't pull that shit with me. This was the one action he "allegedly" did that had to be on camera. How does that just go away.
Reply/Quote
To me, at this point, it's not even about what the charges end up being. It's about "when will you ever ***** learn?"
Enough enabling. Sink or swim with the young guys. Adam Jones is a joke. He can't tame the beast. Like Fred said, he has something really stupid in his future. It's inevitable. And I, for one, hope that when that happens, ESPN will be calling him former Bengal.

You're not helping him, Mike. You're helping him to destroy himself.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then she probably made up the whole story to begin with.

Even if hr did really spit on her, if she asked for money instead of criminal prosecution then her credibility is shot in any criminal proceeding.

People around here are acting like Pac beat some people up and tore a place up.  the fact is that he just pitched a little hissy fit.  even the assault was not an attack or an attempt to injury.  It was no more than "offensive bodily contact".

No team in the league would release one of there players based on such minor infractions.
Report was that he head butted a security officer; poked another in the eye. Once in custody it was reported that he was chewing tobacco and spit it out and it hit her hand. Not very abusive IMO. She was looking for a civil suit to get $$$. Not likely now.  NFL will dance around this issue until it is too late before handing out its penalty.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 05:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: And, in my opinion, this is why the Bengals should be proactive, instead of reactive. He hasn't learned his lesson and I doubt he ever will.

By cutting him, they also send a message to the rest of the team that repeated off-field immaturity and stupidity won't be tolerated.

Great points. This is a brutal decision from a PR standpoint but apparently they couldn't care less. I still hear "Bengals are thugs" jokes like its 2006. People don't forget. In the eyes of many casual sports fans, we are still notorious "thug enablers". Don't believe me, check out Twitter on the Pacman issue. The team is being ripped to shreds because they "never learn" and "Ought a trade in those orange uniforms for prison clothes". And you know what's sad? They're not wrong. It's embarrassing. It gets harder and harder to defend this franchise. There's very little I can say in their favor these days. 
Reply/Quote
Aging CB whose skills are clearly diminishing while continuing to have "dust-ups" with the law (and don't forget when he punched out that girl at the bar a couple years ago). The decision for this organization should be easy.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:06 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Were you there?  Do you know what happened first hand?

It's hard to criticize unless you were there and saw what happened.

(03-22-2017, 08:21 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Don't pull that shit with me. This was the one action he "allegedly" did that had to be on camera. How does that just go away.

(03-22-2017, 08:27 PM)Derrick Wrote: Report was that he head butted a security officer; poked another in the eye. Once in custody it was reported that he was chewing tobacco and spit it out and it hit her hand. Not very abusive IMO. She was looking for a civil suit to get $$$. Not likely now.  NFL will dance around this issue until it is too late before handing out its penalty.

If that is the absolute truth then I owe an apology to Hammerstripes. I thought he literally spit in her face. So if true I do apologize. It's just that PAC Man has lost any benefit of doubt with his never ending drama that he brings on himself.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 05:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A civil suite does not effect the credibility of the victim as long as the victim still co-operates with the state in the criminal prosecution.  If the victim does not do that then it appears the the victim was just using the police to get some money out of someone.

Yet you said that she probably made the story up and had no credibility because she may have had a conversation regarding settling a civil suit. Glad to see you are objective and not making the sorts of reckless statements you accused another poster in this thread of.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Should have gotten rid of him as soon as that video came out. I was fine cutting him after he got arrested again, but once that video came out it went from being fine with it, to it being a necessity.

If the Bengals start this season with Adam Jones and draft Mixon, I don't know how you can cheer for them.

You let Whit go, keep Adam, and scout Mixon? How can you actually ask people to cheer for a team like that? If I wanted to be an awful person cheering for a bunch of shitbags, I would have been a Steelers fan.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty undecided on Pacman anymore. It's hard to forget "the penalty" and they signed him out of need, but though I want to move on from him we can't be surprised. I think the comments about Mikey enabling him are warranted, and though Pacman is a grown man I think we're going to spin our wheels on the board with him. They'll likely keep him, and as much as the guy gets on my nerves the charges were dropped and I wasn't there. He's an extreme football example of a team having patience on someone, likely to a fault. I'm just back to "it is what it is" and I really don't care what the media wants to paint this team as.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 02:20 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Should have gotten rid of him as soon as that video came out. I was fine cutting him after he got arrested again, but once that video came out it went from being fine with it, to it being a necessity.

If the Bengals start this season with Adam Jones and draft Mixon, I don't know how you can cheer for them.

You let Whit go, keep Adam, and scout Mixon? How can you actually ask people to cheer for a team like that? If I wanted to be an awful person cheering for a bunch of shitbags, I would have been a Steelers fan.

I agree with your post except the Mixon issue.  First off, the guy possess great talent that could help any team in the league.  Secondly, the Bengals are doing their due-diligence in seeing just who Mixon is character-wise in regards to past transgressions.  The best way to do that is to meet with the young man face-to-face, and since he was not extended an invitation to the Combine, a personal meeting in Cincy was necessary (along with Pro-Day analysis).  From that point on, the franchise can then make an educated decision on whether they want to draft him or not.

Yet, choosing not to scout him at all would be a disservice to the franchise, as the only information they would rely on would be second-hand accounts.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 03:00 AM)JumboTron Wrote: I agree with your post except the Mixon issue.  First off, the guy possess great talent that could help any team in the league.  Secondly, the Bengals are doing their due-diligence in seeing just who Mixon is character-wise in regards to past transgressions.  The best way to do that is to meet with the young man face-to-face, and since he was not extended an invitation to the Combine, a personal meeting in Cincy was necessary (along with Pro-Day analysis).  From that point on, the franchise can then make an educated decision on whether they want to draft him or not.

Yet, choosing not to scout him at all would be a disservice to the franchise, as the only information they would rely on would be second-hand accounts.

Walks in, broke four bones in her face, and just walked away. That's all the "second-hand" knowledge I need. Character-wise you're either capable of doing that or you're not. Might as well get Ray Rice on the team, too.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Why is he still on the team?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:01 PM)Slythe Wrote: Although I would prefer to see Pacman cut, I'm not out for blood.

I'm past "hoping he will learn from this". Just hoping he's done embarrassing us for whatever amount of time he's still on the team.  Whatever

True, the 10th time is usually when people start learning from their mistakes. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 10:12 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: True, the 10th time is usually when people start learning from their mistakes. 

LOL 10th time that was a good one REP.
Reply/Quote
Looks like video is out of him spitting
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote