Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jones on his way out or to at least reduced pay
Try to trade him to Minnie or Oakland. For ANYTHING if they are going to cut him. Good move.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Well, this certainly is some exciting news. That's 6M that they can invest into new blood!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Good to see. Hopefully there aren't intentions on bringing him back on a reduced salary.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This is what we need to see more of. Kudos to the Bengals FO and possibly Marv. Get this done and use the free money to fix some spots in FA.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Please, for the love of everything holy, DO NOT bring this punk back Pray
Reply/Quote
Releasing vinny ray and his 2.7 would be my next move!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 06:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, this certainly is some exciting news. That's 6M that they can invest into new blood!

Don’t worry they’ll probably re-sign him and pick up some more bum free agents
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
evaluating him as a safety with a reduced contract may not be bad.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 05:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: FYI...This puts the Bengals' available cap at just over $40 mill. Spotrac estimates roughly $9 mill that needs to be reserved for draft picks, but that still leaves $31 mill to spend on FAs and extensions.
Extend Geno and Dunlap, and guys like Dennard, and then sign Jensen and any other offensive linemen!
(03-09-2018, 06:59 PM)Okeana Wrote: evaluating him as a safety with a reduced contract may not be bad.

I'd rather have him as a returner and draft a younger guy like Derwin James to play safety.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 07:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Extend Geno and Dunlap, and guys like Dennard, and then sign Jensen and any other offensive linemen!

I'd rather have him as a returner and draft a younger guy like Derwin James to play safety.

sure i dont think the draft should have an effect on free agency especially when they dont play rookies

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 05:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No one will ever admit they said that.

They will just move on to the next "absolute guarantee" and claim they are never wrong.

In the past Mike Brown would "honor" contracts to these types of players. I said earlier that "PacMan" would be back and I bet he still is at a reduced rate. Mike Brown does pay for loyalty and Jones really was kissin' his rump last season. It is nice to see someone in the front office wise up and realize "PacMan" isn't worth the coin anymore, hopefully this is a trend that continues with more dead weight shown the door. Maybe when Marvin signed his new extension he got more power in who stays or who goes, I don't know. If this was Mike Brown's decision, it's nice to see him smartin' up a little bit, too bad the same can't be said for you Fred.
Reply/Quote
I thought we weren't going to find out until 3/14. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 07:37 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I thought we weren't going to find out until 3/14. Mellow

I guess that they wanted to give him the curtesy of a heads up?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 05:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Two middling FAs at $3 mill each...coming up!

Oh Hobspin already put that out there. With Atkins and Dunlap on the Bengals radar, we can expect lower to mid tier FAs. Pretty much word for word from him.
Reply/Quote
Gotta luv Pac, getting all testy with reporters!!!
Reply/Quote
Tbh, this is a great move. WTH happened, did MB go on life support and someone else is calling the shots? He is loyal to the bone, and I mean that literally! Glad to see this, gave me goosebumps. I would like to see Pacman returning punts, but if we lose him? No big deal.

Damnit, brain just reminded me how stupid this FO can be. Somehow, someway, this will turn out bad.

Reply/Quote
Pretty much what I wanted to happen, for a change. There were a lot of disturbing things always flying around Pacman, but I'll always remember his intensity on the field. Even when the offense was on the field, he was riveted on the game, totally into what his teammates were doing.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 05:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No one will ever admit they said that.

They will just move on to the next "absolute guarantee" and claim they are never wrong.

Who gives a shit what somebody said a week ago?  Why are you so obsessed about such things?  Maybe just comment on the topic at hand and leave it at that, you know, like adults do.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
First thing I thought: when he was good, he was very very good...when he was bad..........
I've been hard on Jones, but I always liked him as a returner. I wish he could continue in that role, but I don't think it'll happen. Wishing him well on whatever his next step might be.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 08:11 PM)McC Wrote: Who gives a shit what somebody said a week ago?  Why are you so obsessed about such things?  Maybe just comment on the topic at hand and leave it at that, you know, like adults do.

Yeah, be an adult Fred! Either that, or stick your head in the fence! Hilarious

[Image: 13ff5e64f05dbe4181fb6dada030854a--ideas-...loween.jpg]

Reply/Quote