Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jones on his way out or to at least reduced pay
(03-10-2018, 12:03 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Great news ! Now crossing fingers they show MJ the door next and Bodine.

Bodine is a FA.

As for Jones, I see him deciding to take less money and competing for the roster spot.

Whether or not he wins the spot is a different story.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope he signs for less, in a returner/Backup CB role. He is still one of the best returners in the game, and has extensive knowledge of the defense, and could be a great help to a younger CB stable. All that, plus, at times, he seems to be the only Bengal that cares about winning......
Reply/Quote
Let's hope Jones decides he's worth more and does not sign. He will not get picked up by anyone else, and we can sign him on the cheap off the street in mid season should we run into injury probs in our secondary. That's the best case scenario for this team.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 10:18 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Why is it the optimist come out to whoop on the pessimist to prove a point of superiority? Can’t we all just get along

Does not make sense at all. The ones they are ripping are the ones that have asked for this all along. 

Retain the good ones, cut or restructure the aging ones on decline, or ones that did not make the grade in the first place in order to free up money to keep our own or sign a solid FA. 

Then when they are happy that it is finally getting done, they want to rip them about that as well

Scold when you are unhappy with team and scold you when you are happy with the team.

Oh well, to each their own. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I really hope this inspires Bodine to test the free agency waters, maybe some other team will be dumb enough and sign him before us.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 08:11 PM)McC Wrote: Who gives a shit what somebody said a week ago?  Why are you so obsessed about such things?  Maybe just comment on the topic at hand and leave it at that, you know, like adults do.

No doubt and is pretty hypocritical as Fred never admits he is wrong...

About anything. Mellow

(03-09-2018, 08:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah, be an adult Fred! Either that, or stick your head in the fence! Hilarious

[Image: 13ff5e64f05dbe4181fb6dada030854a--ideas-...loween.jpg]

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:35 PM)McC Wrote: I wonder what his market is outside the Bengals.  Does anybody still see him as a starter?  Maybe reduced role, backup, returner is his new niche wherever he might go.  If so, would he prefer to be that here or elsewhere?  

Always felt like he left it all out there on the field, has always played with a lot of passion and fire, albeit probably too emotional at times.

He looked really good as a returner last year.  He could probably play two, three more years just doing that.

I bet Adam would rather play here. Mikey Boy did give him chance after chance.

I bet he is back here as a backup Corner and a Returner until Brandon Wilson knocks him into a backup role there.

I am all for this and i think he only gets one more chance, his 16th or so lol
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 08:37 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Nice, although I still think Kirkpatrick is our 4th best corner behind Jones.

I 100% agree. Dre has a lot of maturing to do.

Reply/Quote
All this probably means is that Pacman will still be on the team but at about half of what he was gonna make. Why sign somewhere else for a little more and get cut when he gets arrested again? He will probably be here for like 2.5 to 3.5 mil on a 1 Yr. deal.
Reply/Quote
I wish MJ was next
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 04:31 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I wish MJ was next

Put it this way. If he is? This team is definitely showing signs it's wanting to win next year. 

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 04:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Put it this way. If he is? This team is definitely showing signs it's wanting to win next year. 

Next year?  Are you writing off 2018 already?   Say What

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 06:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Next year?  Are you writing off 2018 already?   Say What

Typo. Facepalm

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 04:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/09/bengals-tell-pacman-he-wont-be-back-without-a-pay-cut/

But I'm sure some will find fault with this good decision too.

No one should. It’s a prudent move. Backups ideally should not be paid starter money.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Why won't Adam consider being fullltime KR/PR? Maybe he can't accept he paycut. He seems to be the type that might go bankrupt after his career is over. Sad
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 03:35 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Why won't Adam consider being fullltime KR/PR? Maybe he can't accept he paycut. He seems to be the type that might go bankrupt after his career is over. Sad

Because he's a fierce competitor and still wants to play. Nothing to fault there, he is fighting Father Time, just like a lot of other athletes...
Reply/Quote
He is going to leave, then realize he is fighting father time, be "demoted" to KR/PR and return 2 or 3 kicks a year for TDs for them lol. I think this guy, if he's only doing KR/PR has the capability to start us on the 40 yard line on average!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 02:45 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Does not make sense at all. The ones they are ripping are the ones that have asked for this all along. 

Way to try and avoid the point.

I am not ripping the people who asked for this.

I am ripping the people who guaranteed this would never happen.  You know, the ones who call themselves "realists".
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 04:31 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I wish MJ was next

There are rumors that MJ and Lafell are facing cut or be released scenarios.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 02:45 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Does not make sense at all. The ones they are ripping are the ones that have asked for this all along. 

Retain the good ones, cut or restructure the aging ones on decline, or ones that did not make the grade in the first place in order to free up money to keep our own or sign a solid FA. 

Then when they are happy that it is finally getting done, they want to rip them about that as well

Scold when you are unhappy with team and scold you when you are happy with the team.

Oh well, to each their own. 

Great post. Was thinking the same.

(03-11-2018, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Way to try and avoid the point.

I am not ripping the people who asked for this.

I am ripping the people who guaranteed this would never happen.  You know, the ones who call themselves "realists".

Who all "guaranteed" this would never happen? I've seen a LOT of complaining about it. I don't recall anyone saying "I guarantee the Bengals will never make players restructure". Not saying it's never been said by ANYONE, but certainly not a big group of posters like you're implying. Heck, this has happened before. I believe they asked Willie to take a pay cut during the 2008 preseason, then cut him when he balked. It just doesn't happen nearly enough. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote