Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jordan listed as number one RG on depth chart
(08-10-2021, 02:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: But hey, don't let facts or logic stop you.

Rudi Johnson was 3rd/4th string behind guys like Brandon Bennett and Curtis Keaton his first two years in the NFL.

And you are welcome for the education on the "facts".
Reply/Quote
I was thinking back to when I was 21 years young, I wasn't playing professional sports but I do remember changes in my physique and strength were possible. MJ is a young strong kid that is raw and his statements about feeling bad for the Burrow injury became public and he may have been on a mission.

They moved him to RG and typically LG is pulling. So Let us hope the kid is seeing the light. I am still upset the Bengals passed on Trey Smith Dammit!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 03:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rudi Johnson was 3rd/4th string behind guys like Brandon Bennett and Curtis Keaton his first two years in the NFL.

And you are welcome for the education on the "facts".

Cool story. Was he awful for those two years, or did he just not get a chance to play? Yup, survey says he just didn't get a chance to play. 

So still not equivalent facts for a guy like Jordan who has extensively played the last two years and been just awful. Nice try, Fred.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 04:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Cool story. Was he awful for those two years, or did he just not get a chance to play? Yup, survey says he just didn't get a chance to play. 

So still not equivalent facts for a guy like Jordan who has extensively played the last two years and been just awful. Nice try, Fred.

It is nice to see improvement from him though. He looked much better in the last TC vid I watched. 

Was actually staying low for once.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 04:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Cool story. Was he awful for those two years, or did he just not get a chance to play? Yup, survey says he just didn't get a chance to play. 

That "cool story" would make sense if Rudi had just been second string.  But how good could he have looked if he was behind guys like Bennett and Keaton.

Again you think I have problems with "facts"?

LOL
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 12:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am discussing football. Your posts consist of nothing but personal attacks against me.

When I think someone is wrong I try to explain why I think they are wrong. You do nothing but resort to insults.

If you really think that I have prblems with reading comprehension try explaining what I missed. That will advance the conversation more than insults.
I already told you. I wasn't the one who said there has been a pre-selected second round pick some years. You are confused and angry for no reason. Maybe seek professional help, maybe just keep being the board's laughingstock. Whatever. 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 05:02 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: I already told you. I wasn't the one who said there has been a pre-selected second round pick some years. You are confused and angry for no reason. Maybe seek professional help, maybe just keep being the board's laughingstock. Whatever. 

Again, you accused me of having problems with "reading comprehension" but instead of pointing out what I missed all you do is hurl more childish insults.

We are trying to talk football here.  All you have done is talk about me.  Find someplace else to deal with your obsession.
Reply/Quote
Who cares where he’s listed now?

He would’ve had to been amazing to already be listed as the starter. Them boys only been going hard for what a few weeks? Also MJ is super young, there’s no reason to think he won’t improve
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 02:47 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: I suppose that’s possible.  It’s also possible to win a hand on a 2-7 off-suit but that doesn’t mean I’m going all-in before the flop either.  Chances are Michael Jordan is out of the league within a few seasons then approaching All Pro or Probowl level play given he was a 4th round draft pick and hasn’t shown much to say the least.

Did we miss where Bengals cut all the other guards in camp (all in) and it is Jordan or bust? Very confusing analogy on your part, makes no sense.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 05:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Did we miss where Bengals cut all the other guards in camp (all in) and it is Jordan or bust? Very confusing analogy on your part, makes no sense.

The odds of Michael Jordan ever becoming an above average starter, never the less an All Pro (like Atkins), are extremely unlikely at this point (hence the analogy). It’s not that difficult to understand.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 11:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Price blows, he isn't starting unless terrible things happen.

Funny we said the same on Jordan but my point if y missed it was if Pollack has improved Jordan that much would Price not also improve since they both blow
Reply/Quote
From Dehner tweet
5. One of the best plays was the 2-yd TD run by Mixon, Su’a-Filo, Price and Jordan blew open the middle for an easy TD run.

Hmm..appears some progress from OL
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
MJ is the same age as some of the guys they drafted this year like Shelvin and Hubert. I'll give him chance. Seems like he's shown flashes of his upside, just needs to be more consistent.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 09:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So is anyone willing to give the guy the possibility he worked his butt off this year and has improved his game and is earning the spot? (not saying that's the case, I actually think this is just the depth chart for pre season 1) 

Maybe if he wasn't complete dog shit last year. It's not like he was just a lil bad. He was the worst guard in the NFL.. 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 05:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Again, you accused me of having problems with "reading comprehension" but instead of pointing out what I missed all you do is hurl more childish insults.

We are trying to talk football here.  All you have done is talk about me.  Find someplace else to deal with your obsession.

You misrepresented what I said, look it up yourself. Your football takes are trash by the way. 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 06:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Funny we said the same on Jordan but my point if y missed it was if Pollack has improved Jordan that much would Price not also improve since they both blow

I just saw Price get beat like a drum and Jordan played well in the TC vid I watched is all. Hope both improve big time.

(08-10-2021, 06:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: From Dehner tweet
5. One of the best plays was the 2-yd TD run by Mixon, Su’a-Filo, Price and Jordan blew open the middle for an easy TD run.

Hmm..appears some progress from OL

Alright, that is what I am talkin' about.

(08-10-2021, 07:06 PM)Mobster Wrote: MJ is the same age as some of the guys they drafted this year like Shelvin and Hubert. I'll give him chance. Seems like he's shown flashes of his upside, just needs to be more consistent.

True, MJ is really young. Like what I am hearing and I am rooting for him and Price to really improve under Pollack.

Could happen yah never know. Good coaches can turn shitty careers around.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 09:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just saw Price get beat like a drum and Jordan played well in the TC vid I watched is all. Hope both improve big time.

Alright, that is what I am talkin' about.

True, MJ is really young. Like what I am hearing and I am rooting for him and Price to really improve under Pollack.

Could happen yah never know. Good coaches can turn shitty careers around.
So what happen d to Price in 2018 he was first coach to influence. Correct.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 09:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So what happen d to Price in 2018 he was first coach to influence. Correct.

Correct...

And it was his best play in the NFL, Price sucked REALLY bad under Turner and was better as a rookie.

He could improve with Pollack here again. We will see.
Reply/Quote
Are we doing this again?

We have it documented with stats in other threads how under Turner ALL the linemen who he inherited when he came in took a nosedive in performance. Pollack actually had Price after a rough early start beginning to look decent and indeed he had the line blocking fairly well by season's end.

Also all this crying about the line is way premature. Let them get past the first preseason game and get their starters sorted out (and I expect one will be Carman). Plus once they got out of install scenarios and ran actual called plays the whole offense looked better.
Reply/Quote
Fwiw, Mike Vrabel was just asked a question in reference to the Titan’s depth chart :
Quote:We want to make sure that they’re (rookies) earning the right to be on this football team, just like everybody else. There’s a lot of names here, there’s going to be a lot of different combinations as we work our way through the preseason, there will be a lot of combinations on Friday, and as we get to our first game. So, I wouldn’t put a lot of stock into it on what it looks like now, I think we can all anticipate that some of these names will remain as starters for us going into the season, but then there will be a lot of other guys that throughout the course of the preseason and games will work their way up or work their way down.
Reply/Quote