Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jordan listed as number one RG on depth chart
(08-09-2021, 08:40 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: You misunderstood. He was saying that they lock onto a guy and if he's still there, they take him regardless of whether or not a better player falls in their lap. If he's not there, you get a wtf panic pick a la Sample. 

Do you think the other poster was saying that they'd simply skip their pick if "their guy"was off the board? What were you thinking? I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the other poster, you just seem a little lost. Glad I could help. 

Considering that you have absolutely nothing to back up your opinion I believe you might be the one who is a little lost.

Where exactly do the Bengals post their second round pick before the draft so that you know exactly who "their guy" is?
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 04:37 PM)Trademark Wrote:
My optimism has slowly declined after hearing this news...

Not happenin'. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 09:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not happenin'. 

I think the same. Nothing wrong with trying different starting lineups this time of year though as long as we take care of the Joe's.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 05:07 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote:   Come draft time they lock onto a player and that's it.  They don't look at other players that might have dropped.   2nd round no matter what they know what player they'll draft even before the draft starts.

Link to your source of this knowledge.

Where did they post their second round pick before the draft?
Reply/Quote
My first thought was they are going to likely have a different guard start the first and second games to see who does better against the opposition's top units. Burrow isn't playing this game, so it's a good game to put MJ out there and see how he does. Then you throw option 2 in there for game two and see how he does. They've got to evaluate these guys and see who the best man is.

MJ is still young, he could improve. Honestly we're not loaded at guard so the best man should win the job. It's likely a tight race.

I think starting Carman could be too soon, kinda like starting MJ was too soon last year. But we'll see who does the best. I would think we see some improvement with the young players progressing and the coaching improving.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 09:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Considering that you have absolutely nothing to back up your opinion I believe you might be the one who is a little lost.

Where exactly do the Bengals post their second round pick before the draft so that you know exactly who "their guy" is?

It was definitely leaked online before day 2 that they were eyeing Carman. I remember seeing it.

Reply/Quote
Hey everyone let's ***** and squeal about the Bengals second round draft techniques that have produced Tee Higgins, Jesse Bates, Joe Mixon, Tyler Boyd, Giovani Bernard, Andy Dalton, and Carlos Dunlap
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 10:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hey everyone let's ***** and squeal about the Bengals second round draft techniques that have produced Tee Higgins, Jesse Bates, Joe Mixon, Tyler Boyd, Giovani Bernard, Andy Dalton, and Carlos Dunlap

How you gonna name notable 2nd rounders and leave out Chad and Whit? For shame!

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 10:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hey everyone let's ***** and squeal about the Bengals second round draft techniques that have produced Tee Higgins, Jesse Bates, Joe Mixon, Tyler Boyd, Giovani Bernard, Andy Dalton, and Carlos Dunlap

That is some pretty damn good drafting in the 2nd round gotta say...

Think Carman also can be pretty damn good.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 10:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How you gonna name notable 2nd rounders and leave out Chad and Whit? For shame!

True, those are great picks.
Reply/Quote

(08-09-2021, 10:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How you gonna name notable 2nd rounders and leave out Chad and Whit? For shame!
Seems we all miss some

[Image: boomer_esiason_autographed_signed_auto_8...646234.jpg]
[Image: 636329479962887929-cindc5bk-5ib825bjhs42...&auto=webp]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Mark Roman, Lamont Thompson, Keiwan Ratliff, Jerome Simpson, Jeremy Hill, Jake Fisher, Andy Dalton.

Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 10:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ninja

I thought as much. No way Ratliff belongs on that list..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Brian Simmons, Corey Dillon, Carl Pickens and more...

The Bengals for whatever reason hit on a lot of their picks in the second round.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 10:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought as much. No way Ratliff belongs on that list..

Yep. Just figured i'd throw one in that doesn't belong and see who bites.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 10:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: Brian Simmons, Corey Dillon, Carl Pickens and more...

The Bengals for whatever reason hit on a lot of their picks in the second round.

The 4th too for whatever reason. Geno etc.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 06:06 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Hey, it's not my opinion.  Jordan is young, so I could see him improving under Pollack.  Like I said, Willie Anderson was very critical of the technique that Turner was teaching and how it was ruining our lineman.

So that mean Price is next to be starting.. i think it says more about the play of our 2nd round pick so far then it does Pollack and Anderson.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 11:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So that mean Price is next to be starting.. i think it says more about the play of our 2nd round pick so far then it does Pollack and Anderson.

Price blows, he isn't starting unless terrible things happen.
Reply/Quote
Maybe it's just to see if they want to cut him or not. Either you can block or you cant.. MJ can't.... That simple... He got rag-dolled last year.  I don't want to see anymore..
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 10:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mark Roman, Lamont Thompson, Keiwan Ratliff, Jerome Simpson, Jeremy Hill, Jake Fisher, Andy Dalton.

Devon Still. 

Ninja
Reply/Quote