Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jordan listed as number one RG on depth chart
(08-09-2021, 05:07 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: How can a Lineman be scouted that hard and a team fail so bad at scouting that player.  They were drafting Carmen from the beginning even if they traded back or not.  Come draft time they lock onto a player and that's it.  They don't look at other players that might have dropped.   2nd round no matter what they know what player they'll draft even before the draft starts.

Doubtful.  There have been several 2nd round picks that have been made when "their guy" goes off the board.  It happened with Sample. 
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 04:50 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I read the news today, oh boy
About a lucky man who made the grade
And though the news was rather sad
Well, I just had to laugh

Did you write this?  It's good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 06:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: Carman was Alexanders choice. 

Well no, he was Duke’s choice. But if you watch that clip I linked Pollack had no interactions with Carman before we took him.

Reply/Quote
Yeah I really don't ever want this guy to start for us again. Maybe different coach/scheme can get him playing better but he did literally tackle his guy into Burrows leg. I mean get beat all day long just don't tackle your guy into your QBs leg should be a pretty universal OL philosophy. But it is just wk 1 of the preseason. I'd rather have Carman out there getting reps against Tampa's 1st string.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 06:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well no, he was Duke’s choice. But if you watch that clip I linked Pollack had no interactions with Carman before we took him.

Apparently Carman was Mike Brown's choice...
Reply/Quote
Good for him. Word is he's greatly improved and looks like a different player. If he beats out the other guys, play him.
Reply/Quote
Anyone thinking Michael Jordan should start has found the good dopeman... This dude is complete trash.. This is horrible news. Only OSU Homer's would be ok with this...
This is not an exaggeration either. This guy was literally the worst ranked guard in the league, maybe ever. He was that bad... He got our QB injured on top of it...
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 06:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Did you write this?  It's good.

Yes, but I had a little help my from friends, John and Paul.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 07:56 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Yes, but I had a little help my from friends, John and Paul.

Are they like The Rutles?
Reply/Quote
To the people bitching, isn't a good thing that Jordan has improved?

We should all root for the guys who sucked last year to get much better.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 06:58 PM)Tony Wrote: Anyone thinking Michael Jordan should start has found the good dopeman... This dude is complete trash.. This is horrible news. Only OSU Homer's would be ok with this...
This is not an exaggeration either. This guy was literally the worst ranked guard in the league, maybe ever. He was that bad... He got our QB injured on top of it...

I think this is a bit unfair... This OSU homer thinks a lot of us overrate Sam Hubbard. The guy's solid and all, but he's nothing special. Having said that; if Jordan's outperforming the other guards, what can you do? Start someone who isn't looking as good?

I wonder if Scottie Pippen can play guard...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 08:26 PM)jason Wrote: I think this is a bit unfair... This OSU homer thinks a lot of us overrate Sam Hubbard. The guy's solid and all, but he's nothing special. Having said that; if Jordan's outperforming the other guards, what can you do? Start someone who isn't looking as good?

I wonder if Scottie Pippen can play guard...
Draft Bron Bron
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 06:10 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Doubtful.  There have been several 2nd round picks that have been made when "their guy" goes off the board.  It happened with Sample. 

You misunderstood. He was saying that they lock onto a guy and if he's still there, they take him regardless of whether or not a better player falls in their lap. If he's not there, you get a wtf panic pick a la Sample. 

Do you think the other poster was saying that they'd simply skip their pick if "their guy"was off the board? What were you thinking? I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the other poster, you just seem a little lost. Glad I could help. 
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 05:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Time to rebuild Joes other knee? 

Gentlemen, we can rebuild himWe have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic man.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 08:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: To the people bitching, isn't a good thing that Jordan has improved?

We should all root for the guys who sucked last year to get much better.

I will freely admit I'm nervous about MJ until I see him play, but if we're being fair, it's a new blocking system and his past failures in Turner's schemes aren't necessarily indicative of what he'll do in Pollack's.  Young OL also tend to struggle.  
Reply/Quote
First reaction is they are fudging with the depth chart to see the starting line ups.

But me very apprehensive about starting knee breaker right now with how fans will react to him starting
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 08:59 PM)Whatever Wrote: I will freely admit I'm nervous about MJ until I see him play, but if we're being fair, it's a new blocking system and his past failures in Turner's schemes aren't necessarily indicative of what he'll do in Pollack's.  Young OL also tend to struggle.  

For sure and I watched MJ look good for once in the last TC vid.

I don't care what he was under Turner, I want to see him improve and stay low which was his weakness.

MJ was staying low in the last TC vid to my surprise. Willie has helped him along with Pollack.

I doubt he starts this year but if he is the best guy for his position I am not against it. Best guys have to start on this OL.
Reply/Quote
I think it's just a new-is OL coach getting looks at different players on the interior. I hope so, anyway. Might be a mind game to show carman that coming in fat will negate high draft status when it comes to who gets starting jobs.

I'm trying to be positive, but I admit that it feels pretty embarrassing to see this organization roll out the same line as last year minus Hart and plus Reiff. It would have caused a full-scale meltdown if a rumor came out last March about Taylor saying he trusted Jordan and wanted to hand him a starting job. It's hard for me to wrap my head around, even as someone who's seen them find new ways to botch their OL builds for the last 6 seasons.
Reply/Quote
It seems a whole lot of people are freaking out about the lineup for the first preseason game that won't see the #1 QB take the field...
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 09:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It seems a whole lot of people are freaking out about the lineup for the first preseason game that won't see the #1 QB take the field...

Nah, doesn't even seem like it. It is happening... Mellow
Reply/Quote