Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jordan listed as number one RG on depth chart
(08-09-2021, 10:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: Brian Simmons, Corey Dillon, Carl Pickens and more...

The Bengals for whatever reason hit on a lot of their picks in the second round.

Brian Simmons was a first round pick.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 11:36 PM)Mobster Wrote: Brian Simmons was a first round pick.

You're right - I forgot that we had two 1s that year. We picked Spikes then Simmons. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 06:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: Carman was Alexanders choice. 

We're ****ed.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 01:49 AM)Wyche Wrote: We're ****ed.

Ya, this is depressing for sure.. I don't give AF what the reasoning is. MJ at the top of the guard chart is atrocious....
Reply/Quote
Well I’ve had my suspicions these past 2 years… but this esenntially proves what I’ve always expected: Zac Taylor has absolutely no idea how to build a solid offensive line and/or doesn’t see any value in a strong offensive line. Let us pray that this is his last season in Cincy, and that Joe Burrow gets through the season unscathed.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 09:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Considering that you have absolutely nothing to back up your opinion I believe you might be the one who is a little lost.

Where exactly do the Bengals post their second round pick before the draft so that you know exactly who "their guy" is?

We have some serious reading comprehension troubles in here. You seem lost. 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 02:53 AM)Tony Wrote: Ya, this is depressing for sure.. I don't give AF what the reasoning is. MJ at the top of the guard chart is atrocious....

Maybe, just maybe, now that he's finally getting good coaching he's starting to play well?
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 06:14 AM)EasyPeasy Wrote: We have some serious reading comprehension troubles in here. You seem lost. 

Since you can't answer my question obviously you are the one who is lost.

If someone claims the Bengals pick a prspect in the second round and don't look at anyone else then they have to know in advance who that player is.

So just try answering my question.  Childish person insults don't really advance the conversation.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 02:53 AM)Tony Wrote: Ya, this is depressing for sure.. I don't give AF what the reasoning is. MJ at the top of the guard chart is atrocious....

So is anyone willing to give the guy the possibility he worked his butt off this year and has improved his game and is earning the spot? (not saying that's the case, I actually think this is just the depth chart for pre season 1) 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 09:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So is anyone willing to give the guy the possibility he worked his butt off this year and has improved his game and is earning the spot? (not saying that's the case, I actually think this is just the depth chart for pre season 1) 

I would love for him to show his past was his past and his future is bright. He is still very young. I thought a lot of members thought the issue was poor OL coach last few years. Why don't they trust Pollack to help OL get better?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 09:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So is anyone willing to give the guy the possibility he worked his butt off this year and has improved his game and is earning the spot? (not saying that's the case, I actually think this is just the depth chart for pre season 1) 

(08-10-2021, 10:33 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would love for him to show his past was his past and his future is bright. He is still very young. I thought a lot of members thought the issue was poor OL coach last few years. Why don't they trust Pollack to help OL get better?

Don't forget, when a player is declared garbage, he always is, has been and will be garbage. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 04:37 PM)Trademark Wrote:
My optimism has slowly declined after hearing this news...

Good thing we got chase lol
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 12:14 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: Is this your life? Is this what you want to be doing when Jesus comes back? 

As long as I'm wearing pants and have all my incognito browser tabs closed when Jesus walks in on me, I'll call it a victory.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 12:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: As long as I'm wearing pants and have all my incognito browser tabs closed when Jesus walks in on me, I'll call it a victory.

I was under the impression that Macho Man Randy Savage put an end to all that when he died and went to heaven so he could drop the Flying Elbow on JC to stop the Rapture.
Reply/Quote

(08-10-2021, 10:33 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would love for him to show his past was his past and his future is bright. He is still very young. I thought a lot of members thought the issue was poor OL coach last few years. Why don't they trust Pollack to help OL get better?

Good questions. Willie worked with MJ in the Offseason and evidently helped him to stay low which was his weakness last year.

This is the depth chart for the Buc's game.

MJ is very young.

Pollack is worlds better than Turner.
Reply/Quote
I am not ready to jump on any MJ bandwagon but I will point out that these comments sound familiar to what fans were saying about Andre Smith after his first 2 seasons. He turned it around and became one of the better RTs in the league.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not ready to jump on any MJ bandwagon but I will point out that these comments sound familiar to what fans were saying about Andre Smith after his first 2 seasons. He turned it around and became one of the better RTs in the league.

Andre Smith was the 6th overall pick in the draft. Michael Jordan was a 4th round draft pick. Not exactly comparing apples to apples….
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 02:31 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Andre Smith was the 6th overall pick in the draft.  Michael Jordan was a 4th round draft pick.  Not exactly comparing apples to apples….

Thwn maybe he will only get as good as Geno Atkins or Clint Boling.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thwn maybe he will only get as good as Geno Atkins or Clint Boling.

I suppose that’s possible. It’s also possible to win a hand on a 2-7 off-suit but that doesn’t mean I’m going all-in before the flop either. Chances are Michael Jordan is out of the league within a few seasons then approaching All Pro or Probowl level play given he was a 4th round draft pick and hasn’t shown much to say the least.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thwn maybe he will only get as good as Geno Atkins or Clint Boling.

Except neither of those guys started out awful for 2 years.

4th round pick AND awful for 2 years. It's cumulative. Not sure how many players ever bounce back from both.

Atkins 2nd year in the NFL he was a Pro Bowler and led DTs in sacks. Boling was a full time quality starter who didn't miss a single offensive snap by his 2nd year.

But hey, don't let facts or logic stop you... who have the Bengals drafted in the 6th round that's no good that we can compare to Tom Brady now?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote