Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Josh Gordon
Why not?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 02:37 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Why not?

[Image: title-why-not-see-my-meme-instead_o_347443.webp]
Reply/Quote
lol
Reply/Quote
Honestly, this is one guy that I would take a flier on. I'm not thinking about bringing him in on a contract, but more as a vet minimum type - prove it deal. I don't think he's ever been viewed as a cancer with the team, just a problem staying away from substances.

He put up some crazy numbers with a horrible Cleveland team - in fact I believe he's one of the top 5 performances for yards in first two seasons.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 02:37 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Why not?

No thanks.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 02:56 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: No thanks.

weed isn't that bad man...now any type of association (aka friends) with manziel is a worry.

if you're good at what you do you get away with what you want, J. Gordon is good at what he does, too bad he can't stay on the field.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 02:55 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Honestly, this is one guy that I would take a flier on.  I'm not thinking about bringing him in on a contract, but more as a vet minimum type - prove it deal.  I don't think he's ever been viewed as a cancer with the team, just a problem staying away from substances.

He put up some crazy numbers with a horrible Cleveland team - in fact I believe he's one of the top 5 performances for yards in first two seasons.

Agreed. I live in CLE. He's a "nice" guy. CLE browns football is the dumps. You would want out too, it's not a joke. If you want to win, why would you stay? Money isn't everything for them. He's not a Chad Johnson/TO attitude, he's quiet. He probably smokes a ton lol.
Reply/Quote
Kind of a bizarre situation. The guy serves his suspension and then enters rehab. He is still messed up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would so no simple because how many years can you be away from the game and still hope to come back and be a factor? And do you want to count on a guy for your offense who is one slip up away from being gone from the league for good?

I hope the guy gets his life together, but I wouldn't want him as part of the team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
My guess is he will never play football again.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 03:03 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: weed isn't that bad man...now any type of association (aka friends) with manziel is a worry.

if you're good at what you do you get away with what you want, J. Gordon is good at what he does, too bad he can't stay on the field.

How exactly has he gotten away with anything?

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 03:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: My guess is he will never play football again.

Agreed. This felt like Gordon's last shot. Sad really.

The mental addiction with pot is strong for some people.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 03:05 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Kind of a bizarre situation.  The guy serves his suspension and then enters rehab.  He is still messed up.

Who the hell needs rehab for weed anyway?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I would. Maybe a change in scenery does him good.

First sign of him falling off the wagon, kaput. Gone.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 04:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. This felt like Gordon's last shot. Sad really.

The mental addiction with pot is strong for some people.

this shouldn't knock him out of the league....  so when he decides to try and come back he should be able to provided someone gives him a shot.

And if he does it this year    why not.. big talent full salary wont be gaurenteed.    and it be ultimate low risk high reward type signing..

honestly surprised more browns players aren't in rehab by now. 
Reply/Quote
Yeah, if you played for the Browns wouldn't you be shoving everything you could find up your nose and in your arm?

Weed is probably just an eye-opener for him in the morning.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 06:01 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Yeah, if you played for the Browns wouldn't you be shoving everything you could find up your nose and in your arm?

Weed is probably just an eye-opener for him in the morning.

josh Gordon drank all my pot...   lol j/k
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 05:47 PM)McC Wrote: Who the hell needs rehab for weed anyway?

[Image: 7d7c8a7b48e0a2410b38480b824915d3.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 05:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: this shouldn't knock him out of the league....  so when he decides to try and come back he should be able to provided someone gives him a shot.

And if he does it this year    why not.. big talent full salary wont be gaurenteed.    and it be ultimate low risk high reward type signing..

honestly surprised more browns players aren't in rehab by now. 

Idk man. What strike is this for him? I wanted to trade for him this offseason, but the guy obviously has a serious addiction. Goodell was already reluctant to reinstate him, so you have to figure he's out for at least the year.

So then you have a guy presumably trying to make a comeback in 2017 who hasn't played since 2014. If he makes one wrong move, he's gone yet again, and he hasn't shown any inkling of hope that he "gets it".

Normally I'm down for these types of moves, but I don't have any faith in the guy at this point. Not worth the headache.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I really believe Gordon will be back in the NFL fairly quickly once he leaves rehab. He'll say all the right things, and hopefully actually DO the right things and a team in need of a supremely talented deep threat will take him on board at little to no financial risk for them, considering Gordon does not exactly have a ton of leverage at this point.

But it will not be in Cincy and that's more than okay with me.
Reply/Quote