Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Malone
(05-17-2017, 08:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This guy is getting Armon Binns/James Wright level of pre-hype.

I'm in wait and see mode. Maybe he will make a few catches as a Bengal.

Never was on the hype train with either of those dudes. Neither one had near the talent that Malone or for that matter Core have.

James Wright is just a good ST'er with mad heart. He doesn't have crazy talent like these guys.

Binns? Lol. I think that was mostly hope, not hype.

Both Malone and especially Core can be fine ST players. Why i say Core is he is very physical, Malone isn't but he can Return kicks.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 09:04 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: You don't even want to see core go in TC or preseason?

Dude was great last year as a rookie when he got the chance against NFL corners.

Damn fine deep threat. Don't understand why anyone would not want to see this guy, he is explosive, physical and big.

I was calling for this guy midseason and it took the coaches as usual about 2 games later to give the man snaps.

All he did was what Ocho shown as a rookie in that little time...

(05-19-2017, 09:16 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's worth mentioning Cody Core actually had a better rookie season statistically than Mohamed Sanu did in terms of yardage and 1 yard shy of Marvin Jones, but he played in fewer games than both.

2016 Cody Core - 8 GP, 17 rec, 200 yards, 0 TD
2012 Mohamed Sanu - 9 GP, 16 rec, 154 yards, 4 TD
2012 Marvin Jones - 11 GP, 18 rec, 201 yards, 1 TD

So don't give up hope on Core yet, he still could become a solid WR2/WR3.

Good stuff Ocho, good stuff. :andy:

(05-19-2017, 09:24 AM)Au165 Wrote: Core isn't going anywhere, they will carry 7 or they will cut Erickson. The return game is being phased out of football, and so the value of guys who only have value as returners is dropping. While Erickson is a good returner we have guys that can do the job and provide far more on the offensive side of the ball.

Yeah, being versatile is key to making an NFL roster nowadayz.

Core is not only a good receiver, he is a good blocker on ST's and is fast and physical.

Erickson has not shown much at Receiver and as you said they are phasing out the return game for safety, don't like it but it is true.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 02:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Core is not only a good receiver, he is a good blocker on ST's and is fast and physical.

Core was a noted ST player in college.  He was a defensive back who only converted to WR in '14. That is a very valuable skill for a WR at the bottom of the roster.  

Plus he is a big, fast, athletic, deep threat.  I don't see us releasing him after just one season.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2017, 10:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Core was a noted ST player in college.  He was a defensive back who only converted to WR in '14. That is a very valuable skill for a WR at the bottom of the roster.  

Plus he is a big, fast, athletic, deep threat.  I don't see us releasing him after just one season.

We should forever frame this post, as the day that fredtoast used more than mere statistical data to reinforce an opinion of a player. Ninja

All joking aside, I agree.  I also see Core as a player that the Bengals should keep around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2017, 10:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Core was a noted ST player in college.  He was a defensive back who only converted to WR in '14. That is a very valuable skill for a WR at the bottom of the roster.  

Completely agree Fred.

(05-21-2017, 10:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We should forever frame this post, as the day that fredtoast used more than mere statistical data to reinforce an opinion of a player. Ninja

All joking aside, I agree.  I also see Core as a player that the Bengals should keep around.

Hilarious Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 08:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This guy is getting Armon Binns/James Wright level of pre-hype.

I'm in wait and see mode. Maybe he will make a few catches as a Bengal.

I'm also in the "wait and see" mode. I don't see him as a Marvin Jones, he's a bit to stiff. I do see hints if Chris Henry though. Time will tell with Josh. I don't know if he returns kicks, Ross, Mixon, Erickson, and even Gio seem like better returner options thus far.

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote