Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Shaw to get a look at safety
(05-12-2016, 11:12 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So....Is Dennard out this season?

Anybody? He seems forgotten. 
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 12:46 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Anybody? He seems forgotten. 

Seeing how the team took a CB in the 1st, perhaps we could read something into that?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 03:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seeing how the team took a CB in the 1st, perhaps we could read something into that?

You need more than one CB
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 04:19 PM)J24 Wrote: You need more than one CB

Yea its like people forget that we seem to have a guy go down every year at CB whether that be Hall, Dennard or some smaller nagging injuries for guys like Pacman. We need CB depth but people wanna try to turn it into Dennard being out for the season with 0 evidence to support it right now.

Also if that was the case why would we be trying a guy that played CB his rookie season at S when he would be the 3rd or 4th CB with Dennard out?
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 04:19 PM)J24 Wrote: You need more than one CB

I get that, particularly with the likelihood of Hall to not return.  The more I think about it, the more I'm glad that the team selected WJ3 in the 1st.  Dennard is still unproven, and coming back from injury.  Kirkpatrick is not that great, and Jones isn't getting any younger.

I did find it interesting that the author of this article picked Dennard as one of the 4 Bengals he expects to have a breakout season.

http://http://www.chatsports.com/cincinnati-bengals/a/these-four-bengals-players-are-poised-have-breakout-seasons-28915

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 06:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He has already played it some.

The more the NFL becomes a passing league the more safeties look like CBs and LBs look like safeties.

its why mays is back
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 12:46 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Anybody? He seems forgotten. 

It seems like the team might see Dennard as more of a slot CB, while WJ3 is our future Dre K replacement.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 06:01 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Yea its like people forget that we seem to have a guy go down every year at CB whether that be Hall, Dennard or some smaller nagging injuries for guys like Pacman. We need CB depth but people wanna try to turn it into Dennard being out for the season with 0 evidence to support it right now.

Also if that was the case why would we be trying a guy that played CB his rookie season at S when he would be the 3rd or 4th CB with Dennard out?

All good points, if there was any question about Dennard we would of added a vet CB.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 04:29 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Hey all!
Not a real surprise, but first time being reported that Josh Shaw will get a look at safety (at least according to him).

He looks like Shawn Williams at 200 pounds, and he says he's done it his whole career at Florida/USC. I don't delve into college tape to be honest, but I would imagine he has had some looks back there. Makes sense -- especially if they go dime and they feel he can come up and play over a tight end. Curious to see how it looks when OTA start.

Safeties who can cover are significantly more useful to a team these days. Besides, how much work is he going to get at corner on this team? We've got four corners ahead of him. He can backup at safety and corner. That's good for the team down the stretch.

Hopefully he plays well at safety and the second coming of the Mays experiment can come to a deserved end.

Reply/Quote