Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Tupou and Isaiah Prince Opt-out
(07-31-2020, 12:36 PM)Yojimbo Wrote:  they still have the top waiver claim until week 2 and can add a potential cut vet.

This is a HUGE benefit.  I believe it only applies to players with 4 years or less experience, but we will have first dibs on any player cut all they way through training camp.

I did not realize it ended after week 2.
Reply/Quote
The thing about Tupou is he showed improvement each year. I expected him to be better than he was last year. Might want to give ol Domata a call to bolster the run stopping. In limited snaps, he might have enough left in the tank, and is reportedly still in good shape, is available, and meant a lot to this team when he was here. I'd be ok with bringing him in for a year and letting him retire a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 11:23 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that Bengals DT Josh Tupou has informed the team he plans to opt-out of the 2020 season. Pelissero says no roster move is official yet, but it’s expected.

Cincinnati announced that OT Isaiah Prince has been placed on the reserve/opt-out list.

https://nfltraderumors.co/bengals-dt-josh-tupou-opting-out-of-2020-season/

Edit: Article was updated shortly after I posted to add Prince.

Weird after just releasing Glasgow. Gonna need another DT now and another OT.
Reply/Quote
All I gotta say is I had to go back to work. So should they. P*****s.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 09:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a HUGE benefit.  I believe it only applies to players with 4 years or less experience, but we will have first dibs on any player cut all they way through training camp.

I did not realize it ended after week 2.

we're first in line for waivers through week 3

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 01:58 PM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: All I gotta say is I had to go back to work.  So should they.  P*****s.

Yeah, if the player opts out I don't want him on my team anyway...
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, if the player opts out I don't want him on my team anyway...

C’mon Nate. What if Geno opts out? It’ll be perfectly understandable, imo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: C’mon Nate. What if Geno opts out? It’ll be perfectly understandable, imo.

Well there is one guy I wouldn't blame. Thanks for catching me there Nicomo.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, if the player opts out I don't want him on my team anyway...

Even if he has a high risk medical condition or a high risk family member?

Oh, wait, never mind.  I forgoit that you believe all the danger is just a creation of the mainstream media.
Reply/Quote
Possible replacement

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/domata-peko-hopes-to-continue-playing-career

Former Bengals defensive tackle Domata Peko hopes to continue his pro career.

Quote:The 35-year-old spent his first 11 NFL seasons (2006-16) in Cincinnati, before signing with Denver as a free agent in 2017. He played for the Broncos for two years (2017-18) before joining the Ravens in November of last season.

Multiple teams have expressed interest in Peko and he is "in great shape" according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network.

"I am Ready Let’s Go !! Year 15 here we go!!! Lord Lead me," Peko tweeted after the report.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even if he has a high risk medical condition or a high risk family member?

Oh, wait, never mind.  I forgoit that you believe all the danger is just a creation of the mainstream media.

Nope, read my last post in reference to Geno...

BTW, mainstream media lies more than it tells the truth. Forgot you didn't know this Freddy boy.

(08-01-2020, 03:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Possible replacement

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/domata-peko-hopes-to-continue-playing-career

All for bringing back Domata. Wild world lol
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 03:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Possible replacement

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-interested-domata-peko-reunion

Quote:The Bengals have reached out to veteran nose tackle Domata Peko about a potential reunion league sources told AllBengals.com. 

Peko, 35, spent the first 11 seasons (2006-16) of his career in Cincinnati. He recently tweeted about being willing and ready to return to the NFL for a 15th season. 

The Bengals are in the market for a defensive tackle after Josh Tupou decided to opt out of the 2020 season due to COVID-19. 

League sources say Peko is open to returning to the team that drafted him in the fourth-round (123rd overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft.

Reply/Quote
Anyone notice that more an more players are starting to play well into their 30s?

Recently with the rule changes, protective equipment, medical advancements, and better over all fitness training it seems that 30 is now the mid point for most NFL careers instead of say 27 or 28.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I see a Peko reunion coming.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 09:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-interested-domata-peko-reunion

Well hell there it is.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 10:33 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Well hell there it is.
This just reeks of a Marv move. Bring back the guys your comfortable with. Would rather go for Snack Harrison or Mike Daniels or hell anyone not from the Marv era. Let move on and not bring anyone back that we moved on from. If we are bringing back old guys I would rather shoot for Krumrie.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 10:54 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: This just reeks of a Marv move. Bring back the guys your comfortable with. Would rather go for Snack Harrison or Mike Daniels or hell anyone not from the Marv era. Let move on and not bring anyone back that we moved on from. If we are bringing back old guys I would rather shoot for Krumrie.

I mean, if you're gonna get all pissy over a guy who will literally get 200 snaps or less, then you should really worry about other things.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 10:54 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: This just reeks of a Marv move. Bring back the guys your comfortable with. Would rather go for Snack Harrison or Mike Daniels or hell anyone not from the Marv era. Let move on and not bring anyone back that we moved on from. If we are bringing back old guys I would rather shoot for Krumrie.

Some players bring more than talent on the field and Peko is one of them. The Bengals made the playoffs Peko's last 4 years on the team; we haven't made it since. 

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 11:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Some players bring more than talent on the field and Peko is one of them. The Bengals made the playoffs Peko's last 4 years on the team; we haven't made it since. 

Agreed. I’m all for having Peko back in that locker room. Especially as a back up.

Reply/Quote
The real caped crusader

https://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Screen-Shot-2016-01-09-at-9.16.32-PM.png
Reply/Quote