Poll: What Do You Want to Happen Tommorow Night
Draft Sewell
Draft Chase
Draft Pitts
Trade Down (other)
I Like Turtles
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jungle Noise Head Count: Who Do You Want Tomorrow Night? (PLEASE VOTE)
Sewell.

If Zac goes Chase here, he is a complete psykopath who is playing russian roulette with Burrows health. And how easy is it to find a new QB with Burrows talent if the worst would happen ?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:57 AM)Snapcount Wrote: Sewell.

If Zac goes Chase here, he is a complete psykopath who is playing russian roulette with Burrows health. And how easy is it to find a new QB with Burrows talent if the worst would happen ?

I would agree if the draft was only one round. I love Sewell and will be stoked if they take him, but at the same time, I would completely understand picking Chase as well, especially considering that the options that should be available for interior players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, which is where the focus should be...find a starting RG and another T to add to the mix. 

If they can do that, then the o-line should be in a lot better shape than people think. Adding Reiff was a solid move that should provide stability and leadership on the line this year. Allowing guy like Spain and XSF to compete at their more natural position of LG should also benefit the line. If Jonah can stay healthy and take the next step and Hopkins can come back and be consistent, things aren't looking so bad.

Bringing Pollack back is also a huge add, IMO. I don't think it can be understated how terrible Turner was. They just looked completely lost out there at times, a lot of confusion, missed assignments, poor technique at initial contact. Better / proper coaching should play a big part with the line this year, as will cohesion if they can stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 08:37 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: If all 3 are available, I want Kyle Pitts. I think he goes at 4 though. Out of Sewell and Chase, I think I’d go for Sewell, even though I think Chase is a bit better of a talent.

At the end of the day, I’m happy if they pick any of the 3...

Took the words right out of my mouth... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:19 AM)mrredneck Wrote:     We took the man child a few years back a 20 year old guard named Jordan, which is why Sewell makes me nervous (poor game against only competition) . My other concern is TWO Prima donna's that want LT money in the future, an argument I have not heard. The best rated lineman to come out of Alabama and the the top Prospect to play LT for decades. Bengals will not win that game down the road, one will stay the other will be gone.
That being would be esatic with Sewell/ Marshall-Bateman or Pitts-Chase/ Jenkins or next best OT.

By the way I have not given up on Jordan, He is now at the age where the maturity should kick in, and had a year with the Big Wllie, lol.

Have you seen Julio Jones contract? WR's that have HOF stats get paid as much as an elite LT so no real savings if they Sewell and Chase are great. Now Pitts would be cheaper even f HOF numbers, but also get any of these guys for at least 7 years if so desire by franchising them 2 times after original 5 year contact ends.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:57 AM)Snapcount Wrote: Sewell.

I doubt it is up to ZT.  The Brown family is here until the end times, Burrow is here until at least 2030, and ZT might not make it past the bye week.
Reply/Quote
"I Like Turtles" has almost the same approval rating as Zac Taylor did in the "Do You Want Zac Taylor Back" poll from earlier in the year. And the turtles is up against 4 other answers. Zac's was a simple yes or no question.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 12:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I would agree if the draft was only one round. I love Sewell and will be stoked if they take him, but at the same time, I would completely understand picking Chase as well, especially considering that the options that should be available for interior players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, which is where the focus should be...find a starting RG and another T to add to the mix. 

If they can do that, then the o-line should be in a lot better shape than people think. Adding Reiff was a solid move that should provide stability and leadership on the line this year. Allowing guy like Spain and XSF to compete at their more natural position of LG should also benefit the line. If Jonah can stay healthy and take the next step and Hopkins can come back and be consistent, things aren't looking so bad.

Bringing Pollack back is also a huge add, IMO. I don't think it can be understated how terrible Turner was. They just looked completely lost out there at times, a lot of confusion, missed assignments, poor technique at initial contact. Better / proper coaching should play a big part with the line this year, as will cohesion if they can stay healthy.

I've never actually seen Turner coach before, but I picture him as the kind of coach who just says, "Do this! Do that! Figure it out!" and doesn't actually teach the players how.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Went with the guy who everyone wanted before all the pre-draft hype brainwashed a lot of people. That said, I kinda wish I'd voted "trade down". This team has so many holes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 01:21 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: "I Like Turtles" has almost the same approval rating as Zac Taylor did in the "Do You Want Zac Taylor Back" poll from earlier in the year.  And the turtles is up against 4 other answers.  Zac's was a simple yes or no question.

"I like Turtles"..

What does that mean ?

(eurpean dude here, whith no understanding of what that expresion means ?)

Thx in advance, for reply..
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 01:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Went with the guy who everyone wanted before all the pre-draft hype brainwashed a lot of people. That said, I kinda wish I'd voted "trade down". This team has so many holes.

If you want to talk about pre-draft hype, that belongs to Sewell, considering how hardly anyone in this fan base knew who he was until someone said he was the next Anthony Munoz. That’s the equivalent of someone calling Chase the next Jerry Rice. Doesn’t get anymore “hype” than that.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 12:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I doubt it is up to ZT.  The Brown family is here until the end times, Burrow is here until at least 2030, and ZT might not make it past the bye week.

Not if the team doesn't make a legitimate effort to put a decent offensive line in front of him. And I'm not just talking injuries - nobody wants to play for a team that consistently shows zero drive to make their life better.

If the Bengals don't shore up that line and in a big way (one free agent lineman ain't cutting it either, so let's see how the draft shakes out), Burrow would be better served serving his 5 years and taking his show on the road.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 01:53 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If you want to talk about pre-draft hype, that belongs to Sewell, considering how hardly anyone in this fan base knew who he was until someone said he was the next Anthony Munoz. That’s the equivalent of someone calling Chase the next Jerry Rice. Doesn’t get anymore “hype” than that.

Yeah ok buddy. Nobody had more hype than Chase after that shorts workout. Especially among Bengals fans, who think we're recreating 2019 LSU. Once the rumor started that Burrow wanted him? Sheesh. Fuh-get about it.

That's when all the mental gymnastics began with explaining why o-line ain't important, how Sewell is a scrub with t-rex arms. How our WRs are suddenly trash. Etc.

Fact is, most people were on the Sewell train a few months ago. Heck, I'm pretty sure Sewell ran away with the first poll. That means people bought in to a lot of pre-draft fluff...which was my point.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 12:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I would agree if the draft was only one round. I love Sewell and will be stoked if they take him, but at the same time, I would completely understand picking Chase as well, especially considering that the options that should be available for interior players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, which is where the focus should be...find a starting RG and another T to add to the mix. 

Read a piece written by Ben Baby that is a really interesting take on the future of the NFL talent that comes from the draft. 

Baby pointed out that the best college teams are placing more of an emphasis on the passing game, which means they are not investing as much into developing their offensive lines. He mentioned Alabama, Clemson, and LSU as teams that thrived without elite lines.

“The objective for Nick Saban and Dabo Swinney and all these coaches, Ryan Days, Lincoln Rileys, etc., are to build national championship winners, not to produce the best prospects for the NFL,” he said. “So that means they have to tailor their game a certain way. In turn, that will affect the type of elite prospects at programs that produce elite offensive linemen,” he continued.

Meanwhile, while Baby is high on Chase, he thinks that “you’re going to see more receivers like Ja’Marr in coming years.” He continued, “We just see every year, I think, elite level wide receivers. That’s just my school of thought when you look at the game and the way it’s changing. I don’t see it slowing down, this trend reversing, of great receiver prospects.” He pointed to a constant influx of 5-star recruits at the high school level.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/4/28/22408088/bengals-draft-preview-penei-sewell-oregon-ducks-news-nfl-ben-baby

Certainly something that should be taken into consideration as he makes really good points. WRs like Chase seem to be happening more often these days, (Jefferson 2020, Metcalf and A.J. Brown in 2019, Sutton in 2018) not too mention the list of guys for the 2022 draft already lining up to be better and deeper then this year's WR class.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:19 AM)mrredneck Wrote:     We took the man child a few years back a 20 year old guard named Jordan, which is why Sewell makes me nervous (poor game against only competition) . My other concern is TWO Prima donna's that want LT money in the future, an argument I have not heard. The best rated lineman to come out of Alabama and the the top Prospect to play LT for decades. Bengals will not win that game down the road, one will stay the other will be gone.
That being would be esatic with Sewell/ Marshall-Bateman or Pitts-Chase/ Jenkins or next best OT.

By the way I have not given up on Jordan, He is now at the age where the maturity should kick in, and had a year with the Big Wllie, lol.
No...we took a 20 year old OL prospect with potential in the 4th round that was average at best at OSU.  This man child won many awards and even received multiple Heisman  votes.  There is a huge difference.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 02:30 PM)spazz70 Wrote: No...we took a 20 year old OL prospect with potential in the 4th round that was average at best at OSU.  This man child won many awards and even received multiple Heisman  votes.  There is a huge difference.

Sewell also showed dominance in 2020 against older DL when he truly was a young adult.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 02:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah ok buddy. Nobody had more hype than Chase after that shorts workout. Especially among Bengals fans, who think we're recreating 2019 LSU. Once the rumor started that Burrow wanted him? Sheesh. Fuh-get about it.

That's when all the mental gymnastics began with explaining why o-line ain't important, how Sewell is a scrub with t-rex arms. How our WRs are suddenly trash. Etc.

Fact is, most people were on the Sewell train a few months ago. Heck, I'm pretty sure Sewell ran away with the first poll. That means people bought in to a lot of pre-draft fluff...which was my point.

“Yeah ok buddy.”
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 01:21 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: "I Like Turtles" has almost the same approval rating as Zac Taylor did in the "Do You Want Zac Taylor Back" poll from earlier in the year.  And the turtles is up against 4 other answers.  Zac's was a simple yes or no question.

doubt that poll chances much
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 02:52 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: “Yeah ok buddy.”

"Guy who uses quotes"
Reply/Quote
I'm torn .... I'd really like to see the oline solidified for the foreseeable future, but dammit, I like turtles too!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 09:50 PM)GodFather Wrote: Championships are won on both sides of the lines...

I thought it was he who scoreth the mostest points wins???

Either way, I'm a fan of dropping back into the 17-20 range and getting Vera-Tucker (LG) then take Wyatt Davis (RG) in round 2. Then get a couple defensive Line guys and tackles like Hudson, Ealy, Doyle.  Guys that could use the time we have with signing Riley to develop and work on learning their craft with out feeling overly pressured to start immediately. 
Reply/Quote