B
31.71%
13 31.71%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jungle Noise Logic
(12-27-2015, 08:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just wanted to pose this question to see if the board stays true to their "logic".

Which is a more successful season?

Scenario A:
We lose out and get the #3 seed, we beat NYJ in the Wildcard round, and then lose at Denver the following week.

Scenario B:
We win out, NE loses out and we get the #1 seed. We get a bye and lose to KC in the Divisional Round.

All games are close.

Forced to choose between only these two options, it's not a difficult decision for me at all...Scenario A all day!

Why? The last time we won a playoff game, I was 20 years old. I'm now 45!!!  Shocked
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Same for me. 

Remember when making your choice, folks, that you're looking at the scenarios now in total, after all the the hypothetical dust had settled.  But, that's not how it would unfold in reality.

Were scenario A to really occur, in that moment, it would mean many of us would be walking out of PBS following the first playoff win for this franchise in 25 years. Can you imagine how totally awesome that would feel?  To finally get that friggin' monkey off our collective back?  That place would go nuts.  Everyone would be dancing back to their cars.  It would be bedlam. 

This effen board would melt down that night. Servers would crash from the traffic.  Not to mention there'd be six successive days of basking in the glow of a win, and every homer on here (probably everyone choosing scenario B) would have us then running the table for a Lombardi Trophy (you know you would).

But, to get the #1 seed just to lose after two weeks of waiting and anticipation? Jebus, what a ***** kick in the teeth.
I think this is the most valid point in response.

Sir, I understand your logic.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Success = Super Bowl
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Never crossed my mind.

For the record; I choose the scenario that has us earning the #1 seed. Not sure which QB that favors. 

In fairness, Scenario B only has us making the second round due to having a bye. I guess it depends on how you value such a thing. Does having another successful regular season (this time getting a #1 seed), only to go one and done again, equate to success because there was a bye earned? IMO, that would just add to the legacy of postseason failure and does absolutely nothing to undo this team's reputation of wilting on the big stage. I have a hard time finding a silver lining in that.

At least in scenario B, we will have finally gotten a 25 year old gorilla off our backs, and will no longer own that embarrassing record.
Reply/Quote
A because we won a playoff game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: In fairness, Scenario B only has us making the second round due to having a bye. I guess it depends on how you value such a thing. Does having another successful regular season (this time getting a #1 seed), only to go one and done again, equate to success because there was a bye earned? IMO, that would just add to the legacy of postseason failure and does absolutely nothing to undo this team's reputation of wilting on the big stage. I have a hard time finding a silver lining in that.

At least in scenario B, we will have finally gotten a 25 year old gorilla off our backs, and will no longer own that embarrassing record.

Put me down for agreeing with this. Anything less than winning in the playoffs is just another failure for this team no matter how you spin it up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Need that playoff win.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:45 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: They both suck.

Those were the exact words that came to my mind when i read the OP.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is almost as I knew asking to pick between 2 would be too complicated.

It's not complicated. They are just 2 choices no one wants to choose.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: In fairness, Scenario B only has us making the second round due to having a bye. I guess it depends on how you value such a thing. Does having another successful regular season (this time getting a #1 seed), only to go one and done again, equate to success because there was a bye earned? IMO, that would just add to the legacy of postseason failure and does absolutely nothing to undo this team's reputation of wilting on the big stage. I have a hard time finding a silver lining in that.

While losing another big prime time game and then limping into the playoffs with a loss to the Ravens at home; both, giving people ample reason to complain the whole off season. Starting 8-0, finishing 3-5 and winning only a "measly" one playoff game after such a great start. Ninja

Reply/Quote
You're trying to get me to feel guilty about wanting a playoff win.

You failed.
Reply/Quote
Winning out and earning the bye is clearly more successful.

That said, I'd rather see (if I had to choose) option B play out for this team. There is an elephant in the room, and it needs to be dealt with.
Reply/Quote
we can lose out and still get the #2 seed
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Sad that I actually voted. bfine, you can do better than to offer a poll with two losing options..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 12:29 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sad that I actually voted.  bfine, you can do better than to offer a poll with two losing options..

Wait for my next thread. It will be:

Which scenario do you want?

A: We win the Superbowl

B: We don't win the Superbowl

I wonder how the vote without 2 losing options will turn out. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Superbowl win gets more votes. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is almost as I knew asking to pick between 2 would be too complicated.

Well, you did say "Jungle Noise logic".

I'd pick the option where we win a playoff game for the first time since I was not wearing diapers....and the first time for you now that you're back in diapers.

Both options end in failure, but I'd have a ton of fun watching a playoff win rather than watching the team have a bye week.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
We win a playoff game then barely lose to Denver? I'll take that over being one and done again.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 02:21 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Well, you did say "Jungle Noise logic".

I'd pick the option where we win a playoff game for the first time since I was not wearing diapers....and the first time for you now that you're back in diapers.

Both options end in failure, but I'd have a ton of fun watching a playoff win rather than watching the team have a bye week.

Well, your mom does like to play dress up. I play big baby and she plays a mom trying to get a baby back in her womb. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Option A
- We get 1 more Bengals game
- I'd witness a playoff win for the first time in 22 years as a fan
- No more reasons for the national media to doubt the Bengals as serious contenders
- We'd have a more recent playoff win than the Steelers

Option B
- 1 less Bengals game
- Bigger let down/disappointment
- Same jokes and doubts from national media and fans
- more frustrated Bengals players and coaches

The better choice is obviously "A", but I think we're all hoping for better.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Same for me. 

Remember when making your choice, folks, that you're looking at the scenarios now in total, after all the the hypothetical dust had settled.  But, that's not how it would unfold in reality.

Were scenario A to really occur, in that moment, it would mean many of us would be walking out of PBS following the first playoff win for this franchise in 25 years. Can you imagine how totally awesome that would feel?  To finally get that friggin' monkey off our collective back?  That place would go nuts.  Everyone would be dancing back to their cars.  It would be bedlam. 

This effen board would melt down that night. Servers would crash from the traffic.  Not to mention there'd be six successive days of basking in the glow of a win, and every homer on here (probably everyone choosing scenario B) would have us then running the table for a Lombardi Trophy (you know you would).

But, to get the #1 seed just to lose after two weeks of waiting and anticipation? Jebus, what a ***** kick in the teeth.

Yeah, this definately kills it. At least with A, you get a week of serious celebration. Heck, some Bengals fans would be seeing their first playoff win in their entire life.

Obviously a Super Bowl should be the goal, because the team has enough talent (if Dalton comes back) to win one.... that said, SB isn't one of the choices, so it's gotta be A.

(See, I know how to play along in a thought exercise.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote