B
31.71%
13 31.71%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jungle Noise Logic
I think the superbowl is predicated on A. Dalton.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I believe in option A you get an earlier pick in the following draft than you do in option B. IF that is the case, then option A is the correct answer.

Otherwise, loaded question.
Reply/Quote
I'm actually pretty surprised that the second option even has any votes. I would like to see someone that voted for that put some reasoning behind it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose this makes sense if you consider going 13-3 and having the best record in the AFC or winning a playoff game a "defeat". 

(12-28-2015, 10:15 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm actually pretty surprised that the second option even has any votes.  I would like to see someone that voted for that put some reasoning behind it.

Here ya go...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 10:34 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Here ya go...

That is, in no way, an explanation of why someone picked the second option.  That's just bfine saying that neither option is truly a "defeat", which he is wrong about.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Neither.   Loss in rd 2 is still a loss.  

Idc about the so called playoff thing that many here are preoccupied .   The 88 team didn't have a history of winning playoffs when they made their run.  It's a new year every year.   Just gotta catch fire.

Yep.

Is this thread an attempt to make a bye + 2nd round loss not look as bad as a 1st round win and 2nd round loss?

Gotta win in the playoffs. Simple as that.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just wanted to pose this question to see if the board stays true to their "logic".

Which is a more successful season?

Scenario A:
We lose out and get the #3 seed, we beat NYJ in the Wildcard round, and then lose at Denver the following week.

Scenario B:
We win out, NE loses out and we get the #1 seed. We get a bye and lose to KC in the Divisional Round.

All games are close.

***********NOTICE: I said "more", so that means pick between the 2 given options; not add a 3rd**********

I don't think any of us want to be happy with a loss, but #1 is the easy choice. It would be fun walking out of PBS a winner and getting the monkey off of our back. I know many are saying AD is not back by the wildcard weekend, but never say never, he may get back by then.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
A...any scenario that involves a playoff win is the better option.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 10:15 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm actually pretty surprised that the second option even has any votes.  I would like to see someone that voted for that put some reasoning behind it.

First off with scenario B a fan gets 3 more weeks of enjoyment instead of one. Secondly we shake the "big-game" bug by going into Mile-High on prime time and securing a bye. Final week we beat a hated division foe while NE tanks and we ride the momentum of being the best team in the AFC into the playoffs.

Of course both scenarios have us not winning the Superbowl and many people channel their inner Ricky Bobby's dad and consider this losing. I suppose those that picked scenario B consider being the best team in the regular season more successful that winning a wildcard playoff game against the likes of Ryan Fitzpatrick.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First off with scenario B a fan gets 3 more weeks of enjoyment instead of one. Secondly we shake the "big-game" bug by going into Mile-High on prime time and securing a bye. Final week we beat a hated division foe while NE tanks and we ride the momentum of being the best team in the AFC into the playoffs.

Of course both scenarios have us not winning the Superbowl and many people channel their inner Ricky Bobby's dad and consider this losing. I suppose those that picked scenario B consider being the best team in the regular season more successful that winning a wildcard playoff game against the likes of Ryan Fitzpatrick.  
The same guy who beat the Pats and Brady yesterday, the guy who still needs to go into Buffalo and beat Rex Ryan who would consider it a super bowl win. Fitz is playing  great, the Jets are playing great and neither the Jets or Steelers would be an easy win.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First off with scenario B a fan gets 3 more weeks of enjoyment instead of one. Secondly we shake the "big-game" bug by going into Mile-High on prime time and securing a bye. Final week we beat a hated division foe while NE tanks and we ride the momentum of being the best team in the AFC into the playoffs.

Winning a playoff game as the 3rd best team in the conference is definitely a larger success than being the best team in the conference and not winning a playoff game.  I appreciate you at least giving your logic behind choosing the 2nd option though.

As yes, in the end, either of those scenarios will be a failure for this team.  A team that is making the playoffs for the fifth straight year, started 8-0, has had relatively few injuries, and has a dozen or so players having career years should be held to a higher standard than simply making the playoffs and being bounced before the conference championship game.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:34 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Winning a playoff game as the 3rd best team in the conference is definitely a larger success than being the best team in the conference and not winning a playoff game.  I appreciate you at least giving your logic behind choosing the 2nd option though.

As yes, in the end, either of those scenarios will be a failure for this team.  A team that is making the playoffs for the fifth straight year, started 8-0, has had relatively few injuries, and has a dozen or so players having career years should be held to a higher standard than simply making the playoffs and being bounced before the conference championship game.

Few injuries? Dalton? Eifert? Burfict? IIoka? Jones? Smith? Dennard? I would say we have had a few crucial injuries with our franchise QB being extremely tough to overcome for any team.

Reply/Quote
I go with winning a playoff game. That can go a long way in this team's confidence.

Plus, do you think many players would want to come back after being in the playoffs 5 years in a row and not getting ANYWHERE?

Plus, I want to know what a playoff win feels like. I'm 23 years old and have never been alive when the Bengals won a playoff game.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I chose "A."  I'll take that first playoff win in decades over another one and done, even if we were the #1 seed as a bye does not equate to a win.  Of course I'd love to see us go all the way to the Super Bowl, but given the two choices, I'll take at least one playoff win.  Then we can build on that next year.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:34 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Winning a playoff game as the 3rd best team in the conference is definitely a larger success than being the best team in the conference and not winning a playoff game.  I appreciate you at least giving your logic behind choosing the 2nd option though.

As I said I'll take 3 weeks of happiness over 1. As you have admitted neither scenario would leave you satisfied.

I can understand folks picking option A, if they would consider a wildcard win a success. 

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said I'll take 3 weeks of happiness over 1. As you have admitted neither scenario would leave you satisfied.

I can understand folks picking option A, if they would consider a wildcard win a success. 

Sticking to the rules of the choice in the OP...a wildcard 'win' would definitely be more satisfying than a 5th straight one and done. 

Honestly, I don't get the thought process behind voting for option B. As you put it Bfine, winning out and getting the bye would give 3 weeks of happiness, but once again ends in zero postseason victories. 

However, getting a wildcard win would give us our 1st playoff win in a quarter century!!! Just my opinion, but the 2 scenarios aren't even comparable. 
Reply/Quote
This poll makes no sense.

First, you title the thread "Jungle Noise Logic" then give two completely unacceptable scenarios.

The real "Jungle Noise Logic", or my logic is to win a Super Bowl but would consider making it to the AFC Championship Game as acceptable.

I also want the best path to win that Super Bowl and a number 1 seed gives the Bengals that best path. If the Bengals lose that game, where they are the number 1 seed, that is not acceptable.

If the Bengals have the 3 seed, win their first game and lose the second, that is not acceptable either.

I would much rather the Bengals not make the playoffs than to not at least make it to the AFC Championship Game. Then, maybe something would happen in the off season to get them to the Super Bowl and win.

So, I guess my logic is just making the playoffs isn't good enough for me. Getting a playoff win here and there isn't good enough for me either. I want the Bengals to win a Super Bowl and then multiple Super Bowls. There's only one team who is successful at the end and I want that team to be the Bengals. Anything else is unacceptable to me.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
We need to get that Playoff win. 1 and done, i don't think many of us can take it, players included. Sick

Scenario A of course. Hopefully we get the #1 seed and make a run straight for the SB though.

I think it is more likely we win this way cause Dalton should be back healthy with that bye and i think
he gives us a better chance of winning the whole thing. I like McCarron but i have not seen enough of
him, Dalton has been so much better this year in every aspect and makes great changes at the line.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 02:22 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: This poll makes no sense.

First, you title the thread "Jungle Noise Logic" then give two completely unacceptable scenarios.

The real "Jungle Noise Logic", or my logic is to win a Super Bowl but would consider making it to the AFC Championship Game as acceptable.

I also want the best path to win that Super Bowl and a number 1 seed gives the Bengals that best path. If the Bengals lose that game, where they are the number 1 seed, that is not acceptable.

If the Bengals have the 3 seed, win their first game and lose the second, that is not acceptable either.

I would much rather the Bengals not make the playoffs than to not at least make it to the AFC Championship Game. Then, maybe something would happen in the off season to get them to the Super Bowl and win.

So, I guess my logic is just making the playoffs isn't good enough for me. Getting a playoff win here and there isn't good enough for me either. I want the Bengals to win a Super Bowl and then multiple Super Bowls. There's only one team who is successful at the end and I want that team to be the Bengals. Anything else is unacceptable to me.

Well, just consider it a social experiment. 

I find it amazing to see the thought process of people and what drives their motivation.

Of course EVERYONE here wants the Bengals to go on a 5 game winning streak starting tonight. 

Folks come in here and assume someone does not want a Superbowl victory; simply because they present 2 scenarios that do not end in the ultimate prize.

What is learned if Scenario C is "win it all"? Who the hell is going to pick A or B?

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I
First off with scenario B a fan gets 3 more weeks of enjoyment instead of one. Secondly we shake the "big-game" bug by going into Mile-High on prime time and securing a bye. Final week we beat a hated division foe while NE tanks and we ride the momentum of being the best team in the AFC into the playoffs.

Since Dalton came into the league, he and Fitzpatrick's stats are almost identical.  Dalton's stats this year have given him the edge, but Fitzpatrick has also put up good numbers in 2015.  Andy and Ryan are similar in build and arm strength, and both have had problems in the past with turnovers.  Fitzpatrick is a good NFL starter when given a decent surrounding cast.  Not great, but not Brian Hoyer, and he can win a lot of games. Fred cried about this the last time I posted all the stats, so I won't bother doing it again, but Pro Football Reference makes it easy to compare the two since 2011.  They're close to the same caliber of QB, and Fitzy will likely get a similar raise.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote