Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jussie Smollett
What think we on this one?

Original reports were that a couple white guys borrowed some hats from some Covington High School kids and committed a homophobic, racist attack against him. As the investigation continued the rope used in the attack was traced back to a couple Nigerians that had small roles on the show. They have been cooperative and stated it all was staged.

Smollett continues to assert he was a victim of a hate crime and assertions that he played any part in the attack is insulting/ The latest is he was was upset that a "hate letter" sent to him didn't receive enough attention.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
If it is true that he fabricated, a lot of evidence now shows it, prison time, I say.
(02-19-2019, 11:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What think we on this one?

Original reports were that a couple white guys borrowed some hats from some Covington High School kids and committed a homophobic, racist attack against him. As the investigation continued the rope used in the attack was traced back to a couple Nigerians that had small roles on the show. They have been cooperative and stated it all was staged.

Smollett continues to assert he was a victim of a hate crime and assertions that he played any part in the attack is insulting/ The latest is he was was upset that a "hate letter" sent to him didn't receive enough attention.

If he paid some guys to beat him up for publicity, theres criminal charges for that. 
Personally? I think that he has tried to use his celebrity, his race, and his sexuality, all in an attention getting stunt to "save" his job on a show that has run it's course.

Now, if what I think turns out to be true? He should be punished for those actions. Because, if he is just making it up, he has wasted a lot of time and energy that could have been spent on pursuing actual hate crimes.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
The crazy thing is: What if he's telling the truth?

(02-20-2019, 12:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The crazy thing is: What if he's telling the truth?

Then he hasn't committed a crime.
If true, it's an awful thing to do. I haven't been following it too closely, but the latest I read doesn't seem to support his story at all.

Anyone remember this guy? The dude with the "alt-right haircut"?
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/man-neo-nazi-haircut-stabbed-claim-joshua-witt-sheridan-colorado-knife-attack-himself-self-harm-a7917556.html
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
There seem to be some fishy things about his story. A lot of people went to bat for him with no reason to believe he was making it up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I have seen where people believed it was basically to up his celebrity because he was getting written off the show he was on. Politics seem to be the easiest way to get recognized at the moment so throwing your hat in the ring of political discord is a good way to find fame.
Very sad all the way around whether true or not.  I figured that's why there were no threads in support of him when it happened.

Seems the police now believe he made it up.  If that's the case he will be punished.

Also it will serve as another example for the right on how "the left" tries to make them look bad.  (On the internet and television bfine...not necessarily just on this board.)  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Fake "hate crimes" pop up all the time. Remember the big controversy at the Air Force Academy last year.

They are dispicable acts and they make it harder for people who really are the victims of hate crimes.
Who?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-20-2019, 11:37 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Who?

He's on the show "Empire".  I've never seen it, but I hear it's pretty good.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Figured I'd put this here as the other 2 got closed and it's related in the fact that it appears a hat was used as a reason to hate:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teen-lincoln-memorial-protest-sues-washington-post-250-000219653--finance.html

Quote:A high school student from Covington, Kentucky, sued the Washington Post for defamation on Tuesday, claiming the newspaper falsely accused him of racist acts and instigating a confrontation with a Native American activist in a January videotaped incident at the Lincoln Memorial.

The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Kentucky by Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann, 16, seeks $250 million in damages, the amount that Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.com and the world's richest person, paid for the Post in 2013.........

A private investigation firm retained by Covington Diocese in Park Hills, Kentucky, found in a report released last week no evidence the teenagers provoked a confrontation.

The students were met at the Lincoln Memorial by offensive statements from members of the Black Hebrew Israelites, the report said.

The investigation also determined that the students did not direct any racist or offensive comments toward Phillips although several performed a "tomahawk chop" to the beat of his drum.

Phillips claimed in a separate video that he heard the students chanting "build that wall," during the encounter, a reference to Trump's pledge to build a barrier along the U.S. border with Mexico.

The investigators said they found no evidence of such a chant and that Phillips did not respond to multiple attempts to contact him.

(02-20-2019, 11:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He's on the show "Empire".  I've never seen it, but I hear it's pretty good.

Most anything with Terrence Howard is pretty good.

(02-20-2019, 12:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Figured I'd put this here as the other 2 got closed and it's related in the fact that it appears a hat was used as a reason to hate:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teen-lincoln-memorial-protest-sues-washington-post-250-000219653--finance.html

Whoa a money grab.  Color me stunned.

Suing for people reporting and then changing the report when new info came in. Smirk

Daddy's lawyers gonna make a lot of this I bet.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-20-2019, 11:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He's on the show "Empire".  I've never seen it, but I hear it's pretty good.

(02-20-2019, 12:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Most anything with Terrence Howard is pretty good.

Confused I'm going to have to look these things up, now.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I cant think of anything less important to waste time and energy worrying about than these two stories while our government is becoming a dictatorship
(02-20-2019, 12:44 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I cant think of anything less important to waste time and energy worrying about than these two stories while our government is becoming a dictatorship

We are capable of discussing multiple things.

(02-20-2019, 12:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Figured I'd put this here as the other 2 got closed and it's related in the fact that it appears a hat was used as a reason to hate:

Sounded more like their comments were directed towards the students being white and catholic. Mostly catholic.