Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jussie Smollett
(02-20-2019, 04:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Andy you are blaming the media for that?!?!?

Hilarious

No, I blame narrow-minded people for it. Like the one that condemned this kid without all the facts.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-20-2019, 05:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: What? From a hat to some story I'm not remotely aware of?

Mellow

Go back and read what I wrote about the golf machine and quote where I said any of that.  K?  Thanks!

Mellow

OFC you wouldn't know about that story. It's not high on your sources.

Don't need to a quote from you, it's implied by your hated for Trump.
(02-20-2019, 02:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He hurt other people's cause.  His cause was himself.

Fair point haha. I hate him for hurting other people's causes.
(02-20-2019, 06:27 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: OFC you wouldn't know about that story. It's not high on your sources.

Don't need to a quote from you, it's implied by your hated for Trump.

There's a guy around here who considers putting words in other people's mouths a "slur".

I'll just chalk it up to bias and laziness.

So either find it and prove me wrong or don't and prove me right.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
So just to follow up on the "liberal teacher in CA" story...from 2017.  Man that story must have really triggered some folks to still be upset about it).   Smirk Of course he was sentenced six month ago so it might have torn back open that wound. LOL

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ex-professor-accused-of-hitting-trump-supporters-with-bike-lock-at-free-speech-rally-in-berkeley-gets-probation

Quote:A former community college professor and anti-fascist activist as part of a plea agreement pleaded no contest to misdemeanor assault for allegedly hitting supporters of President Trump with a bike lock at a political rally in Berkeley last year.

Eric Clanton, 29, agreed to the deal on Wednesday in the Alameda County Superior Court, his attorney Daniel Siegal said. He was sentenced to three years of probation, which will end on Aug. 8, 2021, Berkleyside.com reported.

The Alameda County district attorney's office initially charged Clanton with felonies for hitting several pro-Trump demonstrators on the head with a bicycle lock during a “free the speech” demonstration in Civic Center Park in Berkeley on April 15, 2017. The attack was captured on camera and posted on YouTube.

Siegel said medical records showed only one alleged victim sought medical treatment, for a bruise smaller than a dime.

Last year, police searched Clanton’s apartment and seized flags, pamphlets and other paraphernalia associated with Antifa and anarchist movements. He was arrested following the search, Berkleyside.com reported.

Investigators said they “recovered U-locks, sunglasses, a glove, jeans, and facial coverings consistent with items worn during the April 15 assaults,” the website reported, citing court documents. A camera at the residence also contained “selfies” taken by Clanton which showed him “wearing black clothing and facial coverings” similar to the person in the YouTube video. Phone records also showed Clanton was near the park on April 15, 2017.

Police also found photos of Clanton “posing next to Anarchy symbols” and he was documented as having an “Iron Front” tattoo which is “associated with Anti-Fascists,” court documents stated.

Clanton taught at the Diablo Valley College in 2015 and 2016. He has been arrested in connection with other demonstrations, police said. He was arrested in 2014 during a Black Lives Matter protest on “suspicion of committing a public nuisance” and “willfully and maliciously” blocking a street, sidewalk or other public places,” police said.

Don't how that one didn't get plastered all over the internet.   Mellow
(02-20-2019, 06:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: So just to follow up on the "liberal teacher in CA" story...from 2017.  Man that story must have really triggered some folks to still be upset about it).   Smirk  Of course he was sentenced six month ago so it might have torn back open that wound. LOL

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ex-professor-accused-of-hitting-trump-supporters-with-bike-lock-at-free-speech-rally-in-berkeley-gets-probation

The story I read said one of the victims needed 5 stitches.

But I think a problem with the case was that the evidence was not clear on all of the alleged assaults.  It is very possible that more than one person was wearing an Antifa black veil and hitting people.
(02-20-2019, 06:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The story I read said one of the victims needed 5 stitches.

But I think a problem with the case was that the evidence was not clear on all of the alleged assaults.  It is very possible that more than one person was wearing an Antifa black veil and hitting people.

And either way it's awful.  I have stated repeatedly that violence should never be the answer.  

Just not sure why it's as important as people disrespecting a hat!  Ninja
(02-20-2019, 06:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: There's a guy around here who considers putting words in other people's mouths a "slur".

I'll just chalk it up to bias and laziness.

So either find it and prove me wrong or don't and prove me right.

Rock On

Well that guy is just silly. Putting words in someone's mouth is telling others what that person means to say; no slur.

The slur comes when you accuse someone of doing it when that person did no such thing and assert the individual has a propensity to do so often.

Are you sure you didn't put words in the dude's mouth you are referring to? 

(02-20-2019, 06:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: So just to follow up on the "liberal teacher in CA" story...from 2017.  Man that story must have really triggered some folks to still be upset about it).   Smirk  Of course he was sentenced six month ago so it might have torn back open that wound. LOL

For those that wouldn't know, and that is likely all of you, it's not at all surprising that he got three years formal probation.  With no conviction history it's pretty much par for the course for ADW to be reduced to GBI assault.  However, the claim that only one victim sought medical attention for a bruise is complete bullshit.  the guy wearing the Sriracha shirt was bleeding rather profusely from the head after Clanton struck him.  Heads wounds bleed a lot more than you'd think for the size of the injury, but that guy clearly suffered a laceration.  

(02-20-2019, 06:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The story I read said one of the victims needed 5 stitches.

It's pretty clear it was Clanton based on the evidence acquired.  Some of that evidence being compiled by /pol probably didn't make the DA feel confident about a jury trial though.  I will say though, the evidence /pol put together was very well done.  
(02-20-2019, 07:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well that guy is just silly. Putting words in someone's mouth is telling others what that person means to say; no slur.

The slur comes when you accuse someone of doing it when that person did no such thing and assert the individual has a propensity to do so often.  

Are you sure you didn't put words in the dude's mouth you are referring to? 

100% sure.

I even quoted exactly what I said and he said I said something I never said.  Even a person with less that great reading skills would see it as the accuser can produce no such quote.

That guy who doesn't like people putting words in other people's mouths and "slurs" needs to be less silly and more consistent. Mellow
(02-20-2019, 07:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's pretty clear it was Clanton based on the evidence acquired.  Some of that evidence being compiled by /pol probably didn't make the DA feel confident about a jury trial though.  I will say though, the evidence /pol put together was very well done.  

Maybe there was a rumor Clanton's boxer briefs were made out of fabric from a Shia Lebouf flag.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Formally charged;

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

Hopefully you'll be distracted from this by another story.
(02-20-2019, 01:59 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Triggered much?  

How about backing up your statement with an example of how this government is becoming a dictatorship...I’ll wait right here.

Your god damn right I am triggered. Maybe I should get in line with the rest of the low IQ lemmings and quit worrying about the obstruction of justice, law breaking, and lies going on at the highest levels of our government and worry about the real important stuff like high school field trips videos on social media and people searching for their 15 minutes of fame in the Hollywood tabloids. ...

Crock of shit that this is what our country has come to. 
(02-20-2019, 12:44 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I cant think of anything less important to waste time and energy worrying about than these two stories while our government is becoming a dictatorship

Well to be fair, posting on a Bengals message board about how the government is "becoming a dictatorship" isn't exactly gonna stop the scary tyrant in the white house either is it?

To be honest, the majority of people that complain about the government typically do what you just did. Post something negative on a message board or social media page about the government and then feel like they made a difference, all the while never actually doing anything to stop the government from "becoming a dictatorship".
(02-20-2019, 11:35 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Well to be fair, posting on a Bengals message board about how the government is "becoming a dictatorship" isn't exactly gonna stop the scary tyrant in the white house either is it?

To be honest, the majority of people that complain about the government typically do what you just did. Post something negative on a message board or social media page about the government and then feel like they made a difference, all the while never actually doing anything to stop the government from "becoming a dictatorship".

I actually went door to door in 2016. And I vote. The person I voted for in 2016 was also the person the majority of American voters voted for. 

Yet here I am with a lying conman president who most people didn't even vote for disgracing my country every day.

We have a reality tv show host jackass for a president in large part because these click bait type of stories. 
(02-20-2019, 11:48 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I actually went door to door in 2016. And I vote. The person I voted for in 2016 was also the person the majority of American voters voted for.

Rather irrelevant, no? 

Quote:Yet here I am with a lying conman president who most people didn't even vote for disgracing my country every day.

We have a reality tv show host jackass for a president in large part because these click bait type of stories. 

Tell us how you really feel.
(02-20-2019, 11:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Rather irrelevant, no? 

Tell us how you really feel.

If you don't read the post I was responding to, yea probably. 

Wish I could, unfortunately I can't articulate my feelings into words that are allowed on this MB.
(02-20-2019, 11:48 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I actually went door to door in 2016. And I vote. The person I voted for in 2016 was also the person the majority of American voters voted for. 

Yet here I am with a lying conman president who most people didn't even vote for disgracing my country every day.

Saying you made a difference by voting is like an employee saying they worked harder than everyone else because they clocked in on time.

Also to the bold.... I've heard people say this a lot and it's actually a very misleading statement. To say the "majority" of Americans voted for Hillary is a distortion of reality. The truth is 40% of eligible voters didn't even vote, and a percentage of the people that did vote didn't vote for either of the top 2 candidates. Yeah, Hillary won the popular vote, but the majority of Americans actually didn't vote for her because 40% of those who were eligible to vote didn't vote at all.

Which candidate did the majority of America vote for? 

WTS, I know what you're saying, but over 2 years later, can we accept how we elect a POTUS?

(02-21-2019, 12:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Which candidate did the majority of America vote for? 

WTS, I know what you're saying, but over 2 years later, can we accept how we elect a POTUS?

The last two Republican candidates lost their first bid at being POTUS  by the popular vote, but still assumed office.

Sure, maybe that's a coincidence. Or maybe it's just a reflection that the system doesn't genuinely reflect the will of the people.

It does seem to matter a bit more with the power people have given to the Executive branch. When the POTUS is going to claim he's authorized to use executive actions because he's working off the will of the people... but the same guy lost the popular vote... it's kind of silly.