Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jussie Smollett
(02-20-2019, 12:44 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I cant think of anything less important to waste time and energy worrying about than these two stories while our government is becoming a dictatorship

It's been that way for a while. Social media, in a lot of ways, has made it worse. Instead of holding politicians accountable for big issues (economy, civil rights, etc) we're drowning in Kardashians and micro-crisises.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-20-2019, 12:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Whoa a money grab.  Color me stunned.

Suing for people reporting and then changing the report when new info came in. Smirk

Daddy's lawyers gonna make a lot of this I bet.  Mellow
The amount is symbolic. Do you think they have a case? Do you think the newspaper profited at the boy's expense? The paper knew full well what providing the left with the pound of flesh would create. This forum was a prime example
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-20-2019, 12:44 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I cant think of anything less important to waste time and energy worrying about than these two stories while our government is becoming a dictatorship

Who has mandated you must worry about it? I do worry about the stigma that folks are trying to attach to a hat. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-20-2019, 11:37 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Who?

Exactly.  The infatuation with celebrity a is a low point of our society.  
(02-20-2019, 01:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The amount is symbolic. Do you think they have a case? Do you think the newspaper profited at the boy's expense? The paper knew full well what providing the left with the pound of flesh would create. This forum was a prime example

I personally do not see a case.  There was not "intent" to harm or slander.  there was a news story based on information.  New Information changed the story.

Of course in a civil case you never know how a jury will react...facts and laws be damned.

But I know you're very upset about the hat getting a bad rep so I won't bother you anymore with details.  Keep up the good fight!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I hate people who hurt their own causes via idiocy.
(02-20-2019, 12:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Whoa a money grab.  Color me stunned.

Suing for people reporting and then changing the report when new info came in. Smirk

Daddy's lawyers gonna make a lot of this I bet.  Mellow

I don't see it as a money grab.
I see it as Libel and forcing the media to stop with that false misleading info. Double check your stories before you put them out there. Could lead to more responsible reporting.
(02-20-2019, 12:44 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I cant think of anything less important to waste time and energy worrying about than these two stories while our government is becoming a dictatorship

Triggered much?

How about backing up your statement with an example of how this government is becoming a dictatorship...I’ll wait right here.
(02-20-2019, 01:58 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't see it as a money grab.
I see it as Libel and forcing the media to stop with that false misleading info. Double check your stories before you put them out there. Could lead to more responsible reporting.

Sure thing dude.
(02-20-2019, 01:58 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't see it as a money grab.

Don’t bother...it’s impossible for some people to use actual logic when they’re so blinded by msm manufactured hate.

You only have to go so far as opening the politics & religion forums page to see that that someone takes the top spot in the triggered by Trump top 10 list. Just look at the sheer number of threads they’ve started crying about this and that. Clear cut case of TDS.
(02-20-2019, 01:44 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I hate people who hurt their own causes via idiocy.

He hurt other people's cause.  His cause was himself.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-20-2019, 02:04 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Don’t bother...it’s impossible for some people to use actual logic when they’re so blinded by msm manufactured hate.  

You only have to go so far as opening the politics & religion forums page to see that that someone takes the top spot in the triggered by Trump top 10 list.  Just look at the sheer number of threads they’ve started crying about this and that.   Clear cut case of TDS.

Mellow

(02-20-2019, 01:59 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Triggered much?  
Smirk
(02-20-2019, 01:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The amount is symbolic. Do you think they have a case? Do you think the newspaper profited at the boy's expense? The paper knew full well what providing the left with the pound of flesh would create. This forum was a prime example

(02-20-2019, 01:58 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't see it as a money grab.

It is clearly a money grab.  His own Catholic Diocese criticized his behavior at first.  If it was about principle then he would be suing them also.
(02-20-2019, 01:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  I do worry about the stigma that folks are trying to attach to a hat. 

Andy you are blaming the media for that?!?!?

Hilarious
Here's an interesting question.  If Smollett is proven to have lied about this, and it certainly appears that he did, should he be charged with a hate crime? Additionally, if it is shown he sent the letter with the white powder to himself, prompting a complete evacuation of the building, should he face federal charges as he sent the hoax letter via US Mail?  Nothing specific to this guy, but I'd very much like to see one of these hoax crimes result in severe punishment as a possible deterrent.  Not only do such hoaxes inflame anger and rhetoric on both sides, they also detract from real reported incidents as they give whichever side would benefit ammunition to discredit the incident.
(02-20-2019, 04:51 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  I'd very much like to see one of these hoax crimes result in severe punishment as a possible deterrent.  Not only do such hoaxes inflame anger and rhetoric on both sides, they also detract from real reported incidents as they give whichever side would benefit ammunition to discredit the incident.

This.
(02-20-2019, 02:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sure thing dude.

You realize this would go for both the left and right leaning msm's?

You guys are so triggered by the hat and the fact that he did nothing to the other guy that he's automatically a racist punk.
But some Liberal teacher in CA can use a bike lock hit at least 7 people (most in the head with it) and only get 3 years probation?
What he did was a felony assault and deserved a lot more jail time than 4 days. 1 or maybe 2 people I could see probation, but 7??

(02-20-2019, 02:04 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Don’t bother...it’s impossible for some people to use actual logic when they’re so blinded by msm manufactured hate.  

You only have to go so far as opening the politics & religion forums page to see that that someone takes the top spot in the triggered by Trump top 10 list.  Just look at the sheer number of threads they’ve started crying about this and that.   Clear cut case of TDS.

Oh I know, Trump can't even have an indoor Golf machine with out that someone from complaining cause someone thought it was paid with taxpayer money at first. Once we found out Trump paid for it out of his own pocket, a lot of back pedaling began.
(02-20-2019, 05:14 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You realize this would go for both the left and right leaning msm's?

You guys are so triggered by the hat and the fact that he did nothing to the other guy that he's automatically a racist punk.
But some Liberal teacher in CA can use a bike lock hit at least 7 people (most in the head with it) and only get 3 years probation?
What he did was a felony assault and deserved a lot more jail time than 4 days. 1 or maybe 2 people I could see probation, but 7??

What? From a hat to some story I'm not remotely aware of?

(02-20-2019, 05:14 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Oh I know, Trump can't even have an indoor Golf machine with out that someone from complaining cause someone thought it was paid with taxpayer money at first. Once we found out Trump paid for it out of his own pocket, a lot of back pedaling began.

Mellow

(02-20-2019, 01:59 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Triggered much?  

Go back and read what I wrote about the golf machine and quote where I said any of that.  K?  Thanks!

Mellow
(02-20-2019, 05:14 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You guys are so triggered by the hat and the fact that he did nothing to the other guy that he's automatically a racist punk.

Actually almost everyone here agreed the situation was misrepresented in the first video.

(02-20-2019, 05:14 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: But some Liberal teacher in CA can use a bike lock hit at least 7 people (most in the head with it) and only get 3 years probation?

I am pretty sure the reason he got that deal is because he was wearing a mask during the attacks so there was not a 100% guaranteed conviction.

Every plea deal is different.  The actions by the defendant may be the same, but if the evidence is weaker against one then he will get a better deal from the State instead of them risking an acquittal.
(02-20-2019, 04:51 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Here's an interesting question.  If Smollett is proven to have lied about this, and it certainly appears that he did, should he be charged with a hate crime? Additionally, if it is shown he sent the letter with the white powder to himself, prompting a complete evacuation of the building, should he face federal charges as he sent the hoax letter via US Mail?  Nothing specific to this guy, but I'd very much like to see one of these hoax crimes result in severe punishment as a possible deterrent.  Not only do such hoaxes inflame anger and rhetoric on both sides, they also detract from real reported incidents as they give whichever side would benefit ammunition to discredit the incident.

I definitely agree, people that do it to themselves and report it as someone else did it, should be charged to the max. They are wasting resources by creating a bogus bogeyman that will never be found.