Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Just Feels Pointless
The Logan Wilson PI in the Super Bowl to tonight.

Years and years and years of steeler fans committing felonies and not being flagged.

This ***** travesty of a football game.

The bulls*it “solution” the nfl developed that screwed no one except us.

I don’t know if it’s a curse or if the nfl has a vendetta against this franchise.

But I truly don’t think I’ll see the Bengals win a Super Bowl. I’m a young man. Hopefully 40-45 years left. I don’t think I’ll ever see it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ossai hit him out of bounds. That was legit.
Reply/Quote
Same crew wasn't it??
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ossai hit him out of bounds. That was legit.

.....but so were the two holds on that play they missed, one was literally a choke hold, lol. So was the block in the back on Stanley Morgan that sprung the punt return. There were some very bad no calls at very critical junctures. 

We shouldn't have been in that situation to make those no calls a factor, but we were, and those calls were a factor in determining the outcome. That should NEVER happen in a conference Championship game. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:56 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: .....but so were the two holds on that play they missed, one was literally a choke hold, lol. So was the block in the back on Stanley Morgan that sprung the punt return. There were some very bad no calls at very critical junctures. 

We shouldn't have been in that situation to make those no calls a factor, but we were, and those calls were a factor in determining the outcome. That should NEVER happen in a conference Championship game. 

All true but I do agree with RunKijanaRun - just feel like I will never see them win a SB.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ossai hit him out of bounds. That was legit.

I agree but there were some late hits on Burrow that were never called in crucial moments....one word comes to mind...consistency. 

Was a very disappointing ending to a fantastic season
Reply/Quote
As I've said before, if the NFL is biased towards certain teams then Mike Brown and company need to do what it takes to be on the good side of that coin.
Reply/Quote

Has a single person on here argued that was not legit? 

What they're arguing was the push in the back on the punt return. the hit on Burrow that didn't draw a flag. The hold on the Mahomes run. The HIlton PI that Gene Stenatore said never should have been called. The do-over. (I've been a fan since 1968. Never saw a do-over before, where the punting team is lined up on the field and then they go back and do the 3rd down play again.)

When Mike Greenberg of ESPN, who is a very reasonable talk show host, states the officiating was one-sided and cost the Bengals the championship, then maybe you should be a little more open to the possibility the calls were not balanced relative to the actual infractions. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:14 AM)Nepa Wrote: Has a single person on here argued that was not legit? 

What they're arguing was the push in the back on the punt return. the hit on Burrow that didn't draw a flag. The hold on the Mahomes run. The HIlton PI that Gene Stenatore said never should have been called. The do-over. (I've been a fan since 1968. Never saw a do-over before, where the punting team is lined up on the field and then they go back and do the 3rd down play again.)

When Mike Greenberg of ESPN, who is a very reasonable talk show host, states the officiating was one-sided and cost the Bengals the championship, then maybe you should be a little more open to the possibility the calls were not balanced relative to the actual infractions. 

Dude was laughing about Kelce calling out the city and the mayor. Maybe 10 mins after the game. You’re wasting your time with that one.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Tough way to go out...but Burrow had 2 chances to win the game at the end and threw a bad INT and took a bad sack on the other drive. Then at the end...Ossai has to be bringing back memories of Vontaze Burfict and Pacman Jones. Cannot imagine how gutting that has to feel to go out on a play like that. Looking forward to seeing you next year and atoning for the divisional round ass whooping you gave us. Was hoping you'd win but it just wasn't to be.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:07 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: All true but I do agree with RunKijanaRun - just feel like I will never see them win a SB.

I think we'll get one soon. I've never been this optimistic about our chances. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:50 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: The Logan Wilson PI in the Super Bowl to tonight.

Years and years and years of steeler fans committing felonies and not being flagged.

I don’t know if it’s a curse or if the nfl has a vendetta against this franchise.

But I truly don’t think I’ll see the Bengals win a Super Bowl. I’m a young man. Hopefully 40-45 years left. I don’t think I’ll ever see it.

I agree. The NFL openly screws the Bengals and nothing happens. Going back to the AFC championship where the NFL stopped the no-huddle offense 2 hours before the game to this year’s fiasco with coin flips etc.

The NFL hates Mike Brown. His being the constant contrarian has put this franchise squarely in the bullseye of the NFL. The NFL is rigged is trending because there were several key calls/no calls that impacted this game and they didn’t go the Bengals way.

Do we really believe the NFL wants to see Burrow and Chase stay in Cincinnati versus a much bigger market?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:50 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: The Logan Wilson PI in the Super Bowl to tonight.

(01-30-2023, 01:07 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: All true but I do agree with RunKijanaRun - just feel like I will never see them win a SB.

It's all good, if there wasnt fragile little worry fairies the rest of us men with optimism wouldnt stand out like we do.  Pretty obvious we beat KC7 out of 10 times with our oline in tact.

Reply/Quote
There are 2 things I think the Bengals have stacked against them as a franchise, which makes it extra difficult to overcome for Super Bowl success:

1) Paul Brown, for as much as he is revered for his football innovation and acumen, I truly believe pissed off the original owners by being who he was: a former coach/employee saying, "you know what, you want to fire me when I make things actually happen with the product on the field, I'm going to scrimp and sacrifice and go all in on just owning my own team in an upstart league, and then you can't fire me." Anyone who's had any experience with power dynamics knows that doesn't often sit well with the good old boys at the top, and people/institutions hold grudges.

That only exacerbated once the upstart league merged with the fuddy-duddy old owners club. Combine that with an ultra-traditional son who inherits the franchise, who until this year refused to name the stadium after anything other than said former employee dad, and it's not that hard to believe that as a league and growing global business, the literal son and pop business of the Bengals is a sideshow at best to the tycoons who like to invest in the returns and trappings of owning a sports franchise through their own exclusive wealth network and who would never even share a breakfast order with the likes of Mike Brown.

2) The current enforcer of these corporate-first other owners is someone who was unabashedly hand-selected by the ownership group of our biggest rival, the Shittsburgh Stealers. The Gooney family whipped the votes for Roger and when they had enough, Dan Gooney strolled down the hallway to the waiting Goodell's hotel room, and slapped him on the back while stuffing his bank accounts with tens of millions for going on 2 decades now. The announcing article about the day he was elected had zero comments for years after it was published, but the bias for knowing who butters your bread has been visible in plain sight from jump street.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2543783

There's simply no way a reasonable, rationale, logical, and any synonym you want to chuck in here, person can look at those 2 foundational facts: Old Money owners HATE the idea of a former employee joining their club and showing them up, and the hand-selected judge, jury and executioner of the Old Money families will do their bidding every single time.

Outright scripting/throwing games? It could come to that. Using the existing convoluted rules and formatting to put some gorilla thumbs on the scales, of course. You can call holding on every play. Why's it called when it is, and to who's benefit when looked at over time more often than not? Why laugh off the old, 'they always get the second guy' for a personal foul/taunting situation? If getting the call right and calling a clean game is the priority, there's certainly enough tech and money to make that happen. But it won't because it'll take away the ability to tilt the balance to the outcomes that serve the 'most important ownership families', as that article goes on to say.

Want one screamingly obvious way the League can give a leg up to these Goons? Go back and look at the league-wide schedules for every team during the Marvin Lewis era. Do a tally on how many times the Bengals played the last game of the year against the Ravens, and therefore how many times the Steelers played the Browns. Then compare it to the variety of every other division in football for their final games over like 16 years. The AFC North is so well beyond an outlier in who the season finale almost never altered, that it can't be concluded to be anything but giving the Steelers a cupcake scheduling advantage to play a piss poor Cleveland team for an easy win and what would amount to an extra bye week at the end of every season heading to the playoffs during the Pig Ben years. Gross.

Exhibit 666 was Joey Porter's smug ass in the huddle with the Bengals in the 2015 Wild Card game with zero contemplation from the refs to flag him.

Can a non-preferred team rise above? Sure. Old Money is often last to react to new trends and they can't account for the wider appeal of someone like Joe Burrow, nor his or Ja'marr's generational talent. If Patrick Mahomes would have fumbled that ball before he headed out of bounds, maybe there's no way to help direct the more desired outcome in the league's eyes. We've all seen the 24hr news media whip up talking points that both sides of the political aisle cling to in cult-like unison. The commentators employed by the league and their multi-billion dollar broadcasters participate in the exact same thing to drive a narrative.

Take a look at what happens come tonight/tomorrow and afterward: It was, 'if Joe Burrow beats Mahomes again, the argument should be he's the best QB.'. Watch now as everything swings back to not being who we thought he was, and so...what - Allen/Herbert/Lawrence are better? In the same conversation? What have they done? But the Bengals must not be allowed to ascend. "Do it, Cincinnati. Pay Joe Stadium. Destroy your cap. Keep him, respect him, or you're a shit franchise if you don't guarantee every penny. Limit your ability to get back." "League owners, you're crazy for not hiring Lou to be a head coach!" "Make the Bengals worse by poaching him NOW." Where is there ever talk of, "This Cincinnati team is great for the league, and let's hope they can keep it together for the entertainment and competitive spirit of us all." Never will happen. To them, the Bengals are either a fraud, lucky, too arrogant, dirty, or must be dismantled before ushering in a new era of loyalists decidedly disloyal to the old world brand.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: As I've said before, if the NFL is biased towards certain teams then Mike Brown and company need to do what it takes to be on the good side of that coin.

The clown goodell poster picture with Eli probably has them on the perennial bad side of Goodell. I think they should go the way of the LeBron Heat, make everyone hate them. Lol. It's hard to hate the Bengals. We're biased, but it feels really easy to hate the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: As I've said before, if the NFL is biased towards certain teams then Mike Brown and company need to do what it takes to be on the good side of that coin.

What do you mean by this? 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:39 AM)J24 Wrote: What do you mean by this? 

I'm saying if the NFL is helping some teams along our ownership needs to figure out how to get off the "hurt" list and onto the "help" list.

What is it the teams that are helped by the NFL have or do that we don't?
Reply/Quote

Mike Brown putting aside pride and stubbornness to bend the knee and suck up to others. Things that are never happening for $100, Alex.  LOL

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:42 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mike Brown putting aside pride and stubbornness to bend the knee and suck up to others. Things that are never happening for $100, Alex.  LOL

So Mike Brown is just like Al Davis where he will continue to give the middle finger to the NFL and it'll be rigged against us.  Deeeeeeligtful.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm saying if the NFL is helping some teams along our ownership needs to figure out how to get off the "hurt" list and onto the "help" list.

What is it the teams that are helped by the NFL have or do that we don't?

I've been explaining to people it's like the Hunger Games. Win the crowd, win the help, win the ring. It's a story driven league and you can hear it in everyone's voice, the long intros, the announcers constantly talking about mahomes injury when he basically seemed 95% healthy except when the camera was on him, etc.

Hell, I wouldn't pass it by anyone that there's a voice in their helmet that says "camera" to alert them when the camera is on them lol.
Reply/Quote