Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Just Feels Pointless
Bengals will win their first Super Bowl Championship Feb 9th 2025 so just hang tight. It’s not that far away.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:01 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: You do more whining about other posters than anyone here does about the team and the games. I think you’ve talked yourself into believing you’re wicked cool and Holier than thou, but all you’re doing is tugging yourself off in front of a captive audience.

Lol, no just more knowledgable about football and not as big of a whiny sissy as some of you.... cheer up buttercup and do some mock drafts.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:48 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I've been explaining to people it's like the Hunger Games. Win the crowd, win the help, win the ring. It's a story driven league and you can hear it in everyone's voice, the long intros, the announcers constantly talking about mahomes injury when he basically seemed 95% healthy except when the camera was on him, etc.

Hell, I wouldn't pass it by anyone that there's a voice in their helmet that says "camera" to alert them when the camera is on them lol.

Why didn’t Buffalo win? They had the best story of all teams this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:48 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I've been explaining to people it's like the Hunger Games. Win the crowd, win the help, win the ring. It's a story driven league and you can hear it in everyone's voice, the long intros, the announcers constantly talking about mahomes injury when he basically seemed 95% healthy except when the camera was on him, etc.

Hell, I wouldn't pass it by anyone that there's a voice in their helmet that says "camera" to alert them when the camera is on them lol.

Yeah, there is no way that fool was as hurt as they let on.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: As I've said before, if the NFL is biased towards certain teams then Mike Brown and company need to do what it takes to be on the good side of that coin.

Well I can tell you that ******** like Mixon running his mouth and shitting all over the NFL isn’t the way to be on their good side.

If you want bulletin material go after the other team…pitting yourself against the NFL is ***** stupid. Hope Mixon is gone next year…I’m sure we can find someone cheaper who can consistently run into his own line and get tackled after first contact 9 out of 10 times.
Reply/Quote
Besides burrow being sacked a bunch again, Bengals need a better pass rush. An injured mahommes had way too much time and the d line could never take him down in time when they did get there. Yes refs were bad, but those 2 were the biggest factors imo.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:28 AM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Bengals will win their first Super Bowl Championship Feb 9th 2025 so just hang tight. It’s not that far away.

I'm interested.....what makes you pick that date?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: As I've said before, if the NFL is biased towards certain teams then Mike Brown and company need to do what it takes to be on the good side of that coin.

I think the Brown family has already buried themselves with the league. Always been one of the least popular owners.  Even more so now.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:54 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: Why didn’t Buffalo win? They had the best story of all teams this year.

I think the league decided that the Atlanta thing was BAD, BAD, BAD for them. Probably felt like they would lose lots of fans for good if they let that fiasco play out.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:54 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: Why didn’t Buffalo win? They had the best story of all teams this year.

It's a good question but I think the story is definitely fluid throughout the year. They don't know how it should go early on in the season, and they definitely have a couple stories for whichever way the game goes. 

The amount of times Romo talked about Mahomes ankle that seemed to affect him zero during the plays, no wonder he's paid 17 million to announce lol.

And yeah referencing the above quote, probably better none of the coin flip/neutral site things happened this year, although they are now debating neutral site conference championship games. Maybe they don't want any more evidence of the Damar Hamlin almost died on the field this season memories. A Bills SB would have cemented that.
Reply/Quote
Buffalo being in the SB would have essentially opened the forum for discussion about the hideous way they handled the Hamlin situation and the fallout. That’s easy to explain.

I’m not sure if this was an outright fix for ratings or if it was money or if it was just a really bad crew calling a despicable game. I’m not a conspiracy guy. But I know this much - the officials dictated the outcome of that game. It makes me sick and it’s going to be a while before I can get over it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't see how forcing the Bills, another team we've accused of being on the "make them win" side of the NFL coin, to finish that game would have made the NFL like us...and if Mike Brown doomed us to never win a championship because he wanted to lose a vote 31-1 then he's a dumbass.

You guys are aware the term, Being on the take implies bribes being given. Mike would only need to pay for a superbowl then.. Easy enough except for Mike's reputation for being cheap..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:04 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'm interested.....what makes you pick that date?

That is the next time New Orleans host the Super Bowl. 
Reply/Quote

ATLANTA turned into a toxic narrative for the league. Much safer to move on from it. And they did.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote

Because it's not rigged, it's influenced.

Bengals were firmly in control against the Bills.  Only so much the refs can do/ignore without it looking blatantly obvious.    

Who knows how the refs would have been if it was a tie game with 10 minutes to go.

Same as last night.  Influenced, but the Bengals lost it by not overcoming with 2 minutes left and then a horrible PF that was legit to seal it.
Reply/Quote