Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Had The First Shot Of The Vaccine!
(03-05-2021, 05:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well I have MORE than half of an ounce of a brain so I could not figure out why partial paralysis would make you high risk for Covid.

Furthermore, you thought I wasn't high-risk, so you were implying that I was just stealing the vaccine from someone that really needs it, like someone at-risk or a grandparent that's at-risk?

It's sad that I'm not surprised anymore............
(03-05-2021, 06:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If you haven't noticed, I've been ignoring your posts for months, but this one was TOO GOLDEN TO PASS UP!

I'm NOT partially paralyzed!  I have NEVER ONCE said that I'm partially paralyzed!  Where'd you get that from?!

Hilarious

I am high risk because my lungs were pretty much destroyed in the wreck AND I have a compromised immune system!

What were you saying about more than a half of an ounce of brain?!

THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY OF MY MESSAGE BOARD LIFE!

Did you have your spleen removed due to the accident?
I am deleting all of my prior posts in this thread.

Great example of a legit question turning into a train wreck.

I apologize for my part in that.
(03-06-2021, 12:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am deleting all of my prior posts in this thread.

Great example of a legit question turning into a train wreck.

I apologize for my part in that.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Simple question?!  

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

You posted it like I was cutting the line and taking the vaccine from other people, which you proved by then saying that partial paralysis wouldn't qualify me to be eligible!

Now you're playing the victim card!

THIS IS INCREDIBLE!

Fred:

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47gcfs5lunv24wr2lor7...=giphy.gif]
(03-05-2021, 08:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's happening in Kentucky, too, but I'm just now thinking: how would they be sure that they'll have the second doses leftover at the end of the day when it comes time to get it?  I guess it doesn't really matter when they get it, so they could just hope for leftovers whenever, but that assumes that they send them all at once or the same number each time?

I think you're scheduled for a second dose once you receive the first.... Regardless of whether or not you were initially "supposed" to have gotten that first shot.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(03-06-2021, 11:36 AM)jason Wrote: I think you're scheduled for a second dose once you receive the first.... Regardless of whether or not you were initially "supposed" to have gotten that first shot.

Makes sense but then they'd have to go through all that trouble to schedule it and everything when they were done and ready to throw out the leftover doses.  Actually, I don't even think they need to go through much on their end besides for writing on the piece of paper when you're eligible to come back.  

That does speak to all the effort that these workers are putting in to get us all vaccinated and end this nightmare.
(03-06-2021, 02:22 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Now you're playing the victim card!

THIS IS INCREDIBLE!

Fred:

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47gcfs5lunv24wr2lor7...=giphy.gif]

How is apologizing "playing the victim card"?
(03-05-2021, 07:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You're a real a-hole, you know that?

I'm not one to defend Fred but it appears the original question was asked in earnest. A simple "I have compromised immunity due to my accident" would have sufficed. 

As to the OP: I'll wait until my age bracket. I'm sure I could be in line now given past medical history, but I'm fortunate enough that I do not have to expose myself (I can work from home). Let those that must go out to feed their families and make our country run go ahead of me. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-06-2021, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How is apologizing "playing the victim card"?

Pretty weak apology.

"Great example of a legit question turning into a train wreck."

"I apologize for my part in that. "

So you consider your initial question to be "legit" and then ackowledge that you played a "part" into it turning into a "trainwreck".

May I ask, specifically, why did it turn into a trainwreck?  And since you only played a part, who else is responsible?  Who else needs to apologize?

Brad's shared quite a bit about his story on here throughout the years.  It would be hard to miss, especially for someone who has the most posts on the entire site, and who uses this forum all the time.

Why would you even ask that question to begin with?  Do you really need an explanation knowing his situation?  And even worse, he gives you one and you proceed to play 20 f'n questions.

A normal person would just think or reply "Great, Brad!" or proceed to have a conversation about something else pertaining to the vaccine.  You on the other hand ask for explanation how he gets one, and then grills on him paralysis and lung capacity.

What a joke.
(03-06-2021, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How is apologizing "playing the victim card"?
What Mantooth said.

"Oh, I asked an 'honest' (ha) question and now everyone is ganging up on me."

You obviously were going to criticize me like I was stealing the vaccine from other people because you didn't think I qualified.  Then, instead of just admitting that you are what Mantooth said you are, you play it like we're in the wrong for calling you out.
(03-06-2021, 02:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not one to defend Fred but it appears the original question was asked in earnest. A simple "I have compromised immunity due to my accident" would have sufficed. 

As to the OP: I'll wait until my age bracket. I'm sure I could be in line now given past medical history, but I'm fortunate enough that I do not have to expose myself (I can work from home). Let those that must go out to feed their families and make our country run go ahead of me. 

Given his history and the fact that he thought I didn't qualify, he was obviously just trying to bash me for rolling past people who he thought need it more than I do.
(03-06-2021, 03:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What Mantooth said.

"Oh, I asked 'honest' (ha) question and now everyone is ganging up on me."

You obviously were going to criticize me like I was stealing the vaccine from other people because you didn't think I qualified.  Then, instead of just admitting that you are what Mantooth said you are, you play it like we're in the wrong for calling you out.

Given his history and the fact that he thought I didn't qualify, he was obviously just trying to bash me for rolling past people who he thought need it more than I do.

I’m generally aware of your history, but I don’t know what specifically places you at high risk. Nor do I think it is out of line for Fred to ask what places you at high risk. You open yourself up to these types of questions by initiating the conversation.
(03-07-2021, 01:11 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I’m generally aware of your history, but I don’t know what specifically places you at high risk. Nor do I think it is out of line for Fred to ask what places you at high risk. You open yourself up to these types of questions by initiating the conversation.

Are you really going to nitpick a disabled individual on being legit to receive the vaccine?  I know that you take things literal, but have some couth.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(03-07-2021, 01:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you really going to nitpick a disabled individual on being legit to receive the vaccine?  I know that you take things literal, but have some couth.

Determining vaccination needs of patients is literally part of my job. Halving a disability doesn’t automatically place one at increased risk for Covid complications. It doesn’t have anything to do with couth, but rather objective evidence.
(03-07-2021, 01:11 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I’m generally aware of your history, but I don’t know what specifically places you at high risk. Nor do I think it is out of line for Fred to ask what places you at high risk. You open yourself up to these types of questions by initiating the conversation.

You can say that he wouldn't have been out of line except he was POSITIVE that I was partially paralyzed and therefore skipping the line and stealing it from people that are more deserving of it.

I don't even think he thought I was partially paralyzed because I have NEVER said I was, so I'm pretty sure he was just using that as an excuse to claim that it was an honest question, which it still isn't because paralyzed people are also at high-risk.

Which part of my body did he think was partially paralyzed?  Why would he think that?  I'm just now thinking about this and he definitely didn't think I was partially paralyzed and is just using that as an excuse for his comments.
Well this topic just went all catywumpus.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
(03-07-2021, 06:32 AM)Storer50 Wrote: Well this topic just went all catywumpus.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

And we all know why..............
(03-07-2021, 03:22 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You can say that he wouldn't have been out of line except he was POSITIVE that I was partially paralyzed and therefore skipping the line and stealing it from people that are more deserving of it.

I don't even think he thought I was partially paralyzed because I have NEVER said I was, so I'm pretty sure he was just using that as an excuse to claim that it was an honest question, which it still isn't because paralyzed people are also at high-risk.

Which part of my body did he think was partially paralyzed?  Why would he think that?  I'm just now thinking about this and he definitely didn't think I was partially paralyzed and is just using that as an excuse for his comments.

I asked if you had your spleen removed as a result of your accident because it would make you immunocompromised for life thus putting you at increased risk of Covid complications, and it’s a medical condition a third party (such as Fred) could easily confirm for themselves would place you at increased risk.
(03-07-2021, 05:12 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I asked if you had your spleen removed as a result of your accident because it would make you immunocompromised for life thus putting you at increased risk of Covid complications, and it’s a medical condition a third party (such as Fred) could easily confirm for themselves would place you at increased risk.

But he didn't ask that.  He just assumed that I was skipping the line.

I'm pretty much immunocompromised for life because of my brain injury and condition, and not to mention that my lungs were pretty much destroyed in the wreck.  
(03-07-2021, 05:12 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I asked if you had your spleen removed as a result of your accident because it would make you immunocompromised for life thus putting you at increased risk of Covid complications, and it’s a medical condition a third party (such as Fred) could easily confirm for themselves would place you at increased risk.

Really not trying to be a prick here, but maybe it's none of Fred's, your's, or anyone else's business what the specifics are?

We all know Brad was involved in accident and has had some issues as a result.  Isn't that enough to come to the conclusion "yeah, that makes sense" when you hear he's been given the vaccine?

I just don't follow the logic of some to play 20 questions.  "What's wrong with your lungs?", "Are you partially paralyzed?", "Did you have your spleen removed?"

Why not just accept the fact that he was given the vaccine for good reason, and move on?  It's not like by sharing this news he signed up for a medical questionairre.
(03-07-2021, 05:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Really not trying to be a prick here, but maybe it's none of Fred's, your's, or anyone else's business what the specifics are?

We all know Brad was involved in accident and has had some issues as a result.  Isn't that enough to come to the conclusion "yeah, that makes sense" when you hear he's been given the vaccine?

I just don't follow the logic of some to play 20 questions.  "What's wrong with your lungs?", "Are you partially paralyzed?", "Did you have your spleen removed?"

Why not just accept the fact that he was given the vaccine for good reason, and move on?  It's not like by sharing this news he signed up for a medical questionairre.

I'm really not trying to be a prick either, I love Brad; but when he posts it in a public forum he opens it to comments. 

I cannot blame folks for simply asking "How did you qualify?". 

If you don't want it questioned; don't post it on social media. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]