Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Had The First Shot Of The Vaccine!
(03-09-2021, 04:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU NEVER DID THAT?!  

I mean I never said that I though every person in a wheelchair was paralyzed.

You have already admitted that lots of people who see you in a wheel chair think you are paralyzed.  So it makes you look kind of silly to act like I am the only person who has ever done that.
(03-09-2021, 04:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So how exactly were you able to tell that Brad had a compromised auto immune system from his injuries?

Should be easy to explain since it is "perfectly clear to most".

You really want to keep going with this?  You claim to have knowledge on the topic, and perhaps you have more knowledge than most because you're a lawyer and perhaps deal with this sort of thing.  You were so positive, so I assume you'd know about things like this, especially since it seems to be common knowledge to most people that I've encountered.

From research done by the University of Arizona:

Quote:Phoenix shows that a brain injury goes on to suppress the entire immune system, leaving patients more susceptible to infections, viruses and pain throughout the body.

Again, I'm pretty sure you knew that or at least realized that after you posted it and just used the excuse that you thought I was paralyzed as a scapegoat because, once again, I have NEVER said that I was paralyzed.

(03-09-2021, 04:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The example I just posted was not from "real life" it was from an interaction right here on the message boards.

But maybe we can get to the point instead of arguing this side topic.  Just answer this question.  Is every person who ever had a brain injury qualified to get the covid vaccine?

THE EXAMPLE YOU POSTED SAYS THAT I'M NOT PARALYZED!  YOU'RE PROVING YOURSELF WRONG AGAIN!

You avoid most questions that I ask (and we all know why), but people that are immunocompromised are eligible to get the vaccine, and since a brain injury makes people immunocompromised, YES, every person with a brain injury would be eligible.

Like I keep saying, please keep it up because this is getting better and better!
(03-09-2021, 04:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I mean I never said that I though every person in a wheelchair was paralyzed.

You have already admitted that lots of people who see you in a wheel chair think you are paralyzed.  So it makes you look kind of silly to act like I am the only person who has ever done that.

That's because of the impression people get when they see someone in a wheelchair, but I have NEVER SAID THAT I'M PARALYZED AND HAVE SAID I HAVE A TBI A MILLION TIMES.

On top of that, you claim to be more intelligent than most and someone that doesn't judge people based on appearance, so aren't you arguing against your own set of morals?!
(03-09-2021, 06:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: THE EXAMPLE YOU POSTED SAYS THAT I'M NOT PARALYZED!  YOU'RE PROVING YOURSELF WRONG AGAIN!

The example I posted was of you saying that a lot of people make that assumption.

That proves me correct, not wrong.
(03-09-2021, 06:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You avoid most questions that I ask (and we all know why), but people that are immunocompromised are eligible to get the vaccine, and since a brain injury makes people immunocompromised, YES, every person with a brain injury would be eligible.

I never avoid any of your questions.

And, no, not everyone with a brain injury is automatically eligible for the covid vacine.
(03-09-2021, 06:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:  I HAVE SAID I HAVE A TBI A MILLION TIMES.

And TBI can cause paralysis.
(03-09-2021, 07:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The example I posted was of you saying that a lot of people make that assumption.

That proves me correct, not wrong.
But people don't make that assumption when I've told them what's wrong with me.  

When people see me and think that I have a spinal cord injury, that's understandable, but, after I tell them that I can't walk because I have a traumatic brain injury, they don't still assume that I'm paralyzed.

Proved you wrong, once again.
(03-09-2021, 07:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I never avoid any of your questions.

And, no, not everyone with a brain injury is automatically eligible for the covid vacine.
How do you know that?  The qualifiers are people who are immunocompromised, and since brain injuries damage a person's immune system, why wouldn't they be eligible?  

You avoid my questions all the time and often just throw out insults to avoid answering.  
(03-09-2021, 07:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And TBI can cause paralysis.

But I have never said that it caused paralysis in me.  In fact, I have mentioned that I can walk some and I even posted the video of me on the treadmill.

ACTUALLY, YOU COMMENTED THAT I SHOULD HAVE BEEN RUNNING YEARS BEFORE I TRIED IN 2015, SO YOU KNEW THAT I WASN'T PARALYZED!

THIS IS AMAZING!  

TRY EXPLAINING YOUR WAY OUT OF THAT ONE!!!!!!
(03-05-2021, 04:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Anyone with half an ounce of brain would understand that, given my condition, I'm in group 1C since I'm high-risk, so I qualified a little about a month ago and got mine three weeks ago from today, but yeah I agree that Kentucky is a shit-show when it comes to following its own rules.  A completely healthy dude my age (36) said that he got his, and I was thinking "what the hell?"  And it confused me and pissed me off even more because, right after I saw him say that, my good friend said his 74+ year-old mom couldn't find anywhere to get hers.

I am in 1C as well, being over 60 and having heart disease. 1C became "eligible" March 1st, according to guidelines. But like you said, it is a total shit show as to who is getting it. 
(03-11-2021, 01:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I am in 1C as well, being over 60 and having heart disease. 1C became "eligible" March 1st, according to guidelines. But like you said, it is a total shit show as to who is getting it. 

I wouldn't say that too loud!  That won't be enough of a reason to qualify you for getting it according to some experts on here!

I can't believe you're skipping the line and taking it from people that actually need it!

RantRantRantRantRant

Hilarious

I'm obviously joking!

I'm happy for you!  I hope you get it soon so you can be done with this nightmare!

Stay safe!
Getting down to crunch time. I get the second dose in under 17 hours. I shouldn't be too worried because I'm under 60 but I am because of my underlying health conditions, specifically the problems with my lungs.

I had this girl from Peru over today and she pretty much gave the same reviews as everyone else in that her arm was sore and she had no energy for 36 hours.

I always fear the worst so it's going to be a shitty 36 hours.
(03-12-2021, 12:25 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Getting down to crunch time. I get the second dose in under 17 hours. I shouldn't be too worried because I'm under 60 but I am because of my underlying health conditions, specifically the problems with my lungs.

I had this girl from Peru over today and she pretty much gave the same reviews as everyone else in that her arm was sore and she had no energy for 36 hours.

Stay hydrated. Take Tylenol and or Motrin to help with body aches, headaches, chills, etc. And plan on taking it easy to rest and let your immune system do it’s thing for at least the following 24 hours after getting your vaccination. I think you will do great.
(03-12-2021, 03:43 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Stay hydrated. Take Tylenol and or Motrin to help with body aches, headaches, chills, etc. And plan on taking it easy to rest and let your immune system do it’s thing for at least the following 24 hours after getting your vaccination. I think you will do great.

Thanks brother.

That does make me feel a little bit better because I woke up kind of freaking out.  

About 6 and a half hours left.  

Hopefully it will be over by Sunday at the latest.

The college I went to across the street is hosting the first round games of the NAIA basketball tourney and they play tonight and tomorrow so I was hoping to at least get to one of them but it's looking like it might be tough to get to them.  Hopefully I'll at least get to tomorrow's.
(03-12-2021, 10:28 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The college I went to across the street is hosting the first round games of the NAIA basketball tourney and they play tonight and tomorrow so I was hoping to at least get to one of them but it's looking like it might be tough to get to them.  Hopefully I'll at least get to tomorrow's.

Not trying to be preachy here, Brad.  But why not wait another week before you go out to stuff like this?

You've made it a full year without getting this nasty virus, and if you're getting your 2nd vaccine it's my understanding it will only take an additional week to reach full effectiveness.

Think about how much it would suck to get this crap with only a week to go.  I know you're still somewhat protected (52% accoring to what I just googled) with the first shot but I'd try to wait it out.

Fwiw, I'm having this same conversation with my dad.  He got his first shot two weeks ago and told me he was finally going to his barber the other day.  I asked him where the fire was, why the rush?  He finally agreed to wait a couple more weeks. 

Just this morning he told me was going to his buddy's softball game (it's indoors at the Reds complex) this afternoon.  We went through the same conversation as we did on the barber.
(03-12-2021, 12:25 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Getting down to crunch time.  I get the second dose in under 17 hours.  I shouldn't be too worried because I'm under 60 but I am because of my underlying health conditions, specifically the problems with my lungs.

My mom is in her 70's and had just a bit of a headache and a sore arm after her 2nd shot. Her husband is also in his 70's, a lung cancer survivor who had part of his lung removed several years ago and he didn't have any problems after his 2nd shot.  You got this Brad, just try not to think the worst is going to happen.  My mom had similar fears that she was going to feel really sick and I told her the same thing, not to over think it and convince herself she was going to feel terrible. 

Let us know how it goes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
(03-12-2021, 11:44 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not trying to be preachy here, Brad.  But why not wait another week before you go out to stuff like this?

You've made it a full year without getting this nasty virus, and if you're getting your 2nd vaccine it's my understanding it will only take an additional week to reach full effectiveness.

Think about how much it would suck to get this crap with only a week to go.  I know you're still somewhat protected (52% accoring to what I just googled) with the first shot but I'd try to wait it out.

Fwiw, I'm having this same conversation with my dad.  He got his first shot two weeks ago and told me he was finally going to his barber the other day.  I asked him where the fire was, why the rush?  He finally agreed to wait a couple more weeks. 

Just this morning he told me was going to his buddy's softball game (it's indoors at the Reds complex) this afternoon.  We went through the same conversation as we did on the barber.
Thanks for looking at and normally I'd agree, but I sit on the track around the upper part of the gym on the opposite side where there is no one else around.  If it's crowded and I can't be isolated from everyone, then I agree and I won't stay.  I'm still being smart about it.  I still might not go even if I'm feeling ok.

What I've read is it takes two weeks to get full protection, but you're right that it might not be worth it.

Regardless, like I said, I'll be safe.

Thanks again for looking out.
(03-12-2021, 12:17 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: My mom is in her 70's and had just a bit of a headache and a sore arm after her 2nd shot. Her husband is also in his 70's, a lung cancer survivor who had part of his lung removed several years ago and he didn't have any problems after his 2nd shot.  You got this Brad, just try not to think the worst is going to happen.  My mom had similar fears that she was going to feel really sick and I told her the same thing, not to over think it and convince herself she was going to feel terrible. 

Let us know how it goes.

That makes me feel more confident!  I worked out a lot and I'm fairly heathy, so hopefully it all goes smoothly!
It wouldn't let me post the above reply earlier for some reason but I just got back from getting the second dose!

Felt a bit lightheaded on the way home and my stomach hurt for a bit once I was here but it wasn't bad!

They say that the worst will come tonight and last til morning, but I'm ok so far!
(03-09-2021, 07:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I never avoid any of your questions.

You avoid a lot of my questions and I'd bring them up but you'd probably try and get me suspended.

Phase 1C includes people with compromised immune systems and high risk, so anyone with a traumatic brain injury would supposedly qualify.

Where did you see that people with traumatic brain injuries couldn't get the vaccine?  

Or were you just making things up again to avoid admitting that you were wrong?
(03-12-2021, 07:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Where did you see that people with traumatic brain injuries couldn't get the vaccine?  

Or were you just making things up again to avoid admitting that you were wrong?

I never said people with traumatic brain injuries could not get the vaccine.

I have just not seen anything that says every person who had  brain injury has a suppressed immune system that qualifies for the vaccine.  So my original question was legit.  Doesn't make any difference if it was from paralysis or TBI so I don't know why oyu keep making such a big deal out of that.

If you say your immune system is compromised then I will not argue.  If you had just given me that simple answer to begin with then that would have been the end of it.
(03-12-2021, 07:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote:
I never said people with traumatic brain injuries could not get the vaccine.

I have just not seen anything that says every person who had  brain injury has a suppressed immune system that qualifies for the vaccine.  So my original question was legit.  Doesn't make any difference if it was from paralysis or TBI so I don't know why oyu keep making such a big deal out of that.

If you say your immune system is compromised then I will not argue.  If you had just given me that simple answer to begin with then that would have been the end of it.

You seem pretty positive that my traumatic brain injury wouldn't qualify me for getting the vaccine because why else would you doubt it?  Do you ask the same question to everyone that has told you that they've gotten the vaccine?  

Didn't think so.

I'm making such a big deal out of the paralysis thing because you obviously made that up as an excuse to get out of this mess you're in.  You even posted a past post of mine saying that I'm not paralyzed and tried to use it to justify you claiming I was because you think we're all too stupid to see simple logic.  
(03-13-2021, 02:39 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You seem pretty positive that my traumatic brain injury wouldn't qualify me for getting the vaccine because why else would you doubt it? 

I was not certain at all.  That is why I asked.

(03-13-2021, 02:39 AM)BFritz21 Wrote:  Do you ask the same question to everyone that has told you that they've gotten the vaccine?  

Yes, I do ask any young person when they tell me they got the vaccine.  Every one of them except you just answered my question.