Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Had The First Shot Of The Vaccine!
(03-07-2021, 08:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm really not trying to be a prick either, I love Brad; but when he posts it in a public forum he opens it to comments. 

I cannot blame folks for simply asking "How did you qualify?". 

If you don't want it questioned; don't post it on social media. 

Fred KNEW he was in the wrong, which is why he posted the partial paralysis comment so he could pretend like he thought that's what was wrong with me so I wouldn't qualify for the current step.  I have never ONCE said I was partially paralyzed, not even hinted at it.  In fact, I have mentioned so many times that I have a traumatic brain injury.

Why else would he post the partial paralysis comment?

If you can answer that, I'll move on to the next thing that proves that he wasn't just asking an innocent question.
(03-07-2021, 08:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm really not trying to be a prick either, I love Brad; but when he posts it in a public forum he opens it to comments. 

I cannot blame folks for simply asking "How did you qualify?". 

If you don't want it questioned; don't post it on social media. 

Anyone that is aware of Brad's story doesn't really need specifics about how he qualified.  I mean, only an idiot couldn't come to the conclusion that his accident has resulted in some medical issues that allowed him to qualify.

I suppose you're right, some could play 20 questions and ask for specific details.  Others could simply use common sense, and just think/reply "That's good to hear, Brad."
(03-07-2021, 05:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Really not trying to be a prick here, but maybe it's none of Fred's, your's, or anyone else's business what the specifics are?

We all know Brad was involved in accident and has had some issues as a result.  Isn't that enough to come to the conclusion "yeah, that makes sense" when you hear he's been given the vaccine?

I just don't follow the logic of some to play 20 questions.  "What's wrong with your lungs?", "Are you partially paralyzed?", "Did you have your spleen removed?"

Why not just accept the fact that he was given the vaccine for good reason, and move on?  It's not like by sharing this news he signed up for a medical questionairre.

(03-07-2021, 09:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Anyone that is aware of Brad's story doesn't really need specifics about how he qualified.  I mean, only an idiot couldn't come to the conclusion that his accident has resulted in some medical issues that allowed him to qualify.

I suppose you're right, some could play 20 questions and ask for specific details.  Others could simply use common sense, and just think/reply "That's good to hear, Brad."

Still not trying?

But yeah, it's really not worth the time. Just thought the reaction was a little severe. No one has to tell me what a socket wrench Fred is; but I just don't see it here. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-07-2021, 10:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Still not trying?

But yeah, it's really not worth the time. Just thought the reaction was a little severe. No one has to tell me what a socket wrench Fred is; but I just don't see it here. 

If you somehow ignored everything Fred has posted in the past, you MIGHT have a point about this one being harmless, but why would Fred suddenly have changed his entire attitude about me?

Don’t ignore my partial paralysis point/question.
(03-07-2021, 05:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But he didn't ask that.  He just assumed that I was skipping the line.

I'm pretty much immunocompromised for life because of my brain injury and condition, and not to mention that my lungs were pretty much destroyed in the wreck.  

I know he didn’t ask that question. I asked because your accident could have ruptured your spleen and if it was removed you would be high risk and that would answer Fred’s question.
(03-07-2021, 05:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Really not trying to be a prick here, but maybe it's none of Fred's, your's, or anyone else's business what the specifics are?

We all know Brad was involved in accident and has had some issues as a result.  Isn't that enough to come to the conclusion "yeah, that makes sense" when you hear he's been given the vaccine?

I just don't follow the logic of some to play 20 questions.  "What's wrong with your lungs?", "Are you partially paralyzed?", "Did you have your spleen removed?"

Why not just accept the fact that he was given the vaccine for good reason, and move on?  It's not like by sharing this news he signed up for a medical questionairre.

You’re right. But, I asked one question. And that one question was to suggest a possible answer. My intent wasn’t to “nitpick” as Sunset accused me of doing. If Brad thinks I was nitpicking him the I apologize to Brad.
(03-07-2021, 10:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Still not trying?

That comment (you'd have to be an idiot) wasn't directed at you or any of the posts from others that proceeded the original one.  I apologize if it came across that way.

I didn't make too much out of the initial question, but it did immediately strike me as kind of odd (the answer was obvious).  But I wasn't going to say anything until it started to play out.

It went from, paraphrased, "how'd you get one", to "not every partially paralyzed person is eligible", to "if you're lungs were that bad you'd be on an oxygen tank".

I just find the whole line of questioning completely unecessary and in incredibly poor taste.  I also thought the badgering showed the true motivation for initial question.

Maybe, I'm reading too much into it.  It just didn't sit right with me, and I think Fred deleted his posts for reasons outside of an "apology".  (Translation = he looked like a jerk and he knew it)
(03-08-2021, 12:49 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You’re right. But, I asked one question. And that one question was to suggest a possible answer. My intent wasn’t to “nitpick” as Sunset accused me of doing. If Brad thinks I was nitpicking him the I apologize to Brad.

I understand it better now that I just saw your reply a second ago.  Fwiw, I was more venting about another poster than you.  He set the course of the thread being derailed.
(03-08-2021, 12:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only an idiot would assume everyone in a wheelchair is automatically qualified to get a covid vaccine.  There are lots of people in wheelchairs who are not qualified.  And despite Brads personal attack on me the fact is that a  lot of people have thought he had some sort of paralysis.  I was not the only one.

And only an idiot would not be aware that a lot of people are getting the vaccine that are not qualified.

So my question was legit.  I have asked the exact same question to other younger people who have told me they got the vaccine, and I will continue to ask the same question to others.  Until Brad every single person I had asked simply told me why they qualified instead of shitting his pants and pitching a squealing fit.

But I should have known better with Brad, so I apologized.  Don't know why so many of you are refusing to let it go.

I didn't even read past the highlighted part because you lost ALL CREDIBILITY with that comment.  How do you know a lot of people thought that I have some sort of paralysis?  I have never, NOT ONCE, said that I had any sort of paralysis, so why would people think that?  Only an idiot would assume that all people in wheelchairs have some form of paralysis.  Also, wouldn't that be judging someone on outward appearance by assuming a person's medical condition based on being in a wheelchair?  Don't you preach against things like that?

Once again, though, playing the victim card with "Brad's personal attack on me" when I'm just calling you out on your bullshit and firing back at you when you bashed me!  I'm just responding to what YOU started!  

Now I'm reading the rest of this!  As I pointed out, you weren't asking a legit question, which you admitted by now sticking with this partial paralysis garbage when I have never said that I'm partially paralyzed!  What have I ever said that would make you think that I'm partially paralyzed?  Nothing, which is why you're full of shit!

Another insult in that last sentence and trying to deflect from the fact that you got called out!
(03-08-2021, 12:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.) Only an idiot would assume everyone in a wheelchair is automatically qualified to get a covid vaccine. 

2.) So my question was legit.  I have asked the exact same question to other younger people who have told me they got the vaccine, and I will continue to ask the same question to others. 

3.) Until Brad every single person I had asked simply told me why they qualified instead of shitting his pants and pitching a squealing fit.

1.) I think it's perfectly clear to most (apparently not all) that Brad's situation is little more complicated than simply having to use a wheelchair.

2.) How many of those young people you asked would you say compare similarly to Brad's situation?  And exactly how many young people are you coming across who got it, who you then quiz?  (Is it 1, is it 2, is 12?)

3.) I'd take offense if I were him too.  This post, along with so, so many others, have made it peferctly clear you either look to argue with him, or you flat out don't like him.  You couldn't leave well enough alone, to the point of arguing with him about the need for an oxygen tank, which is absolutely ridiculous.

You can take this as personal shot, but I consider it a fair observation.  You represent yourself as this super liberal guy, who champions for the rights of trans people, gay people, and is empathetic to all sorts of people of causes.  Yet here are you are bullying a guy who clearly qualified for the vaccine over specific details regarding what is obviously a very severe accident.

Sometimes I feel like people (not you of course) like to represent themsalves as these loving and empathetic people, when in reality it's merely for appearances or to stroke their own intellectual ego as being on the right side of a debate.  But in reality they're the type of piece of shit who badgers a dude in a wheelchair over sematics just because they have nothing better to do with their time.  (Again this wasn't about a you)
(03-08-2021, 02:38 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) I think it's perfectly clear to most (apparently not all) that Brad's situation is little more complicated than simply having to use a wheelchair.

2.) How many of those young people you asked would you say compare similarly to Brad's situation?  And exactly how many young people are you coming across who got it, who you then quiz?  (Is it 1, is it 2, is 12?)

3.) I'd take offense if I were him too.  This post, along with so, so many others, have made it peferctly clear you either look to argue with him, or you flat out don't like him.  You couldn't leave well enough alone, to the point of arguing with him about the need for an oxygen tank, which is absolutely ridiculous.

You can take this as personal shot, but I consider it a fair observation.  You represent yourself as this super liberal guy, who champions for the rights of trans people, gay people, and is empathetic to all sorts of people of causes.  Yet here are you are bullying a guy who clearly qualified for the vaccine over specific details regarding what is obviously a very severe accident.

Sometimes I feel like people (not you of course) like to represent themsalves as these loving and empathetic people, when in reality it's merely for appearances or to stroke their own intellectual ego as being on the right side of a debate.  But in reality they're the type of piece of shit who badgers a dude in a wheelchair over sematics just because they have nothing better to do with their time.  (Again this wasn't about a you)

1  He knew that, which is why he made the paralysis claim when I have never claimed that I have any paralysis.

2.  He won't answer because, like so many other times, when he gets called out on garbage, he'll just ignore it and then, if he gets called out later, will actually post links to this thread claiming that he was right.

3.  He goes low and attempts to insult me on the most serious of topics.  Somehow, though, he still has the nerve to try and get me suspended when I call him out for things that HE actually says or does.

I had a paragraph typed out that was very similar to your next paragraph but then deleted it because, once again, I figured that he'd try to get me suspended.  He wouldn't question a male adult going into a locker room to shower with 10-year-old girls yet throws a fit over me getting the vaccine when it could be life-saving because of my condition?

In the link that I provided with the news story of me waving, it said that the reason I went out waving was because I'm immunocompromised, so I can't be around other people, and I was going nuts stuck inside.

What's hilarious is that he keeps posting insults because he thinks that I'll be intimidated enough to drop it!

I'm guessing that he's trying to get this thread closed but we're still having a relevant conversation outside of him.
(03-08-2021, 12:40 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I know he didn’t ask that question. I asked because your accident could have ruptured your spleen and if it was removed you would be high risk and that would answer Fred’s question.
He would have asked that if it was a real question and not just an attempt to bash me.
(03-08-2021, 01:02 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That comment (you'd have to be an idiot) wasn't directed at you or any of the posts from others that proceeded the original one.  I apologize if it came across that way.

I didn't make too much out of the initial question, but it did immediately strike me as kind of odd (the answer was obvious).  But I wasn't going to say anything until it started to play out.

It went from, paraphrased, "how'd you get one", to "not every partially paralyzed person is eligible", to "if you're lungs were that bad you'd be on an oxygen tank".

I just find the whole line of questioning completely unecessary and in incredibly poor taste.  I also thought the badgering showed the true motivation for initial question.

Maybe, I'm reading too much into it.  It just didn't sit right with me, and I think Fred deleted his posts for reasons outside of an "apology".  (Translation = he looked like a jerk and he knew it)

EXACTLY.  

Even if we couldn't initially read between the lines or known his intent based on his past posts, the progression that you described made it obvious that he was just trying to look for more ways to prevent looking like a jerk, but it only got worse as he tried harder.
Disclaimer, I've had a few beers today.... But I was reading the thread when Brad posted and then Fred kept asking more questions challenging Brad. It was a lot of "well what about this.." Honestly I don't care anymore. Personally I would love to see Brad and Fred meet in person some day. I think they would learn a lot from each other. Maybe even be friends. That would be awesome.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
(03-08-2021, 10:01 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Disclaimer, I've had a few beers today....   But I was reading the thread when Brad posted and then Fred kept asking more questions challenging Brad.  It was a lot of "well what about this.."  Honestly I don't care anymore.  Personally I would love to see Brad and Fred meet in person some day.  I think they would learn a lot from each other.  Maybe even be friends.  That would be awesome.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

What could I possibly learn from Fred?

I'm always open to learning new things but he has made his opinions on everything (incuding me) clear and about everything about his character.  

What could I possibly learn from Fred?

I'm guessing you don't know the full history between us.
(03-08-2021, 02:38 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) I think it's perfectly clear to most (apparently not all) that Brad's situation is little more complicated than simply having to use a wheelchair.

So how exactly were you able to tell that Brad had a compromised auto immune system from his injuries?

Should be easy to explain since it is "perfectly clear to most".
(03-08-2021, 01:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I didn't even read past the highlighted part because you lost ALL CREDIBILITY with that comment.  How do you know a lot of people thought that I have some sort of paralysis? 

I know because you said it yourself

Post Reply to I'M GOING TO BE A DAD!!!!!! (thebengalsboard.com)

(08-19-2017, 08:25 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol....... you'd be surprised how many people wonder that, but I'm crippled, not paralyzed, 
(03-08-2021, 01:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Only an idiot would assume that all people in wheelchairs have some form of paralysis.  

I never did that.

Let me just as you a couple of simple questions.  Is every person in a wheel chair qualified to get the covid vaccine?   Is everyone who ever had a brain injury qualified to get the covid vaccine?

My question was legit.  
(03-09-2021, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know because you said it yourself

Post Reply to I'M GOING TO BE A DAD!!!!!! (thebengalsboard.com)

I said that happens in real life because people see the wheelchair and just assume I'm paralyzed, but I've never said anything on here to make anyone believe that I'm paralyzed!  

Also, that kills you because that's further proving that you KNEW I wasn't paralyzed!

I'd say you should just cut your losses with this topic, but it's getting more and more entertaining watching you go down in flames!

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

PLEASE DON'T STOP!
(03-09-2021, 04:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I never did that.

Let me just as you a couple of simple questions.  Is every person in a wheel chair qualified to get the covid vaccine?   Is everyone who ever had a brain injury qualified to get the covid vaccine?

My question was legit.  

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU NEVER DID THAT?!  

I NEVER said I was paralyzed and you assumed I was!

You're going back on your word on things you've posted in this thread!

We're not stupid!
(03-09-2021, 04:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I said that happens in real life because people see the wheelchair and just assume I'm paralyzed, but I've never said anything on here to make anyone believe that I'm paralyzed!  

The example I just posted was not from "real life" it was from an interaction right here on the message boards.

But maybe we can get to the point instead of arguing this side topic.  Just answer this question.  Is every person who ever had a brain injury qualified to get the covid vaccine?