Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just sign Burrow already and get it over with!
I can't imagine waiting any longer! Or is there something screwy going on?

Your thoughts?

Reply/Quote
nothing is going to happen early without a signed CBA

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
No one has signed the 1st overall pick before announcing them #1 overall on stage since the new CBA (if memory serves em correct). I believe the league has essentially asked teams to quit doing it as to not impact viewership and leave at least some bit of suspense in #1 overall. The reason they used to do it was the #1 deal had to be negotiated and it took a pretty long time to get done, however with the rookie wage scale it is pretty standard what #1 will make.
Reply/Quote
My guess is the NFL is asking them to wait until the night of the draft to officially draft him.

Heightens the drama.

And the NFL draft is all about drama.

They're driving the prospects up to the stage on a freaking boat, for Christ's sake.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 04:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: No one has signed the 1st overall pick before announcing them #1 overall on stage since the new CBA (if memory serves em correct). I believe the league has essentially asked teams to quit doing it as to not impact viewership and leave at least some bit of suspense in #1 overall. The reason they used to do it was the #1 deal had to be negotiated and it took a pretty long time to get done, however with the rookie wage scale it is pretty standard what #1 will make.

Yeah, they want drama.

I like the rookie wage scale for many reasons.

I actually really liked the idea from Iloka about not including the QB's salary in the salary cap.

This sure would free up a lot of money instead of the QB eating up so much in one player.
Reply/Quote
Once the league went to slotted salaries for draft picks the need for early negotiations went out the window.

No one needs to worry or wonder about this whatsoever.
Reply/Quote
The real question is will he visit the Steelers/Browns/Ravens so they can pick his mind on his weaknesses and work him out to see them for themselves.

Does he or does he not work out to for teams?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 05:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: The real question is will he visit the Steelers/Browns/Ravens so they can pick his mind on his weaknesses and work him out to see them for themselves.

Does he or does he not work out to for teams?

They can see all that on game film.  Besides, much like Chuck Norris, Burrow has no weaknesses. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 05:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They can see all that on game film.  Besides, much like Chuck Norris, Burrow has no weaknesses. 

The last time we compared a Bengals prospect to Chuck Norris, it did not end well (Keith Rivers).
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 04:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, they want drama.

I like the rookie wage scale for many reasons.

I actually really liked the idea from Iloka about not including the QB's salary in the salary cap.

This sure would free up a lot of money instead of the QB eating up so much in one player.

I don't really see where this idea makes any sense at all.  In fact, I think it would really affect the competitive balance of the league.

It really just penalizes teams that don't have a stud QB and forgives the teams that don't.

IF the NFL could justify keeping the QBs out of the salary cap, then they should just bump the cap by $40 million and let the teams figure it out.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 07:21 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't really see where this idea makes any sense at all.  In fact, I think it would really affect the competitive balance of the league.

It really just penalizes teams that don't have a stud QB and forgives the teams that don't.

IF the NFL could justify keeping the QBs out of the salary cap, then they should just bump the cap by $40 million and let the teams figure it out.

This is a great point I didn't really think about. I was just thinking that with the way these QB's are getting paid it punishes the
team paying the QB so much that they cannot compete in FA anywhere else. If Mahomes gets paid even close to what they are
saying, the Chiefs will pretty much be out of FA for a few years. The Dak deal sure will hanker those Cowgirls.

I know that in the end having a great QB which is the most important player in sports is what you need to win a Superbowl but
the stud QB will still need an O-line and weapons to throw to and a decent Defense to win it all.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 07:21 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't really see where this idea makes any sense at all.  In fact, I think it would really affect the competitive balance of the league.

There are team that would go cheap altogether Under this concept. Also big market teams would lure the best qbs a la the Yankees by paying out the ears.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 04:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: No one has signed the 1st overall pick before announcing them #1 overall on stage since the new CBA (if memory serves em correct). I believe the league has essentially asked teams to quit doing it as to not impact viewership and leave at least some bit of suspense in #1 overall. The reason they used to do it was the #1 deal had to be negotiated and it took a pretty long time to get done, however with the rookie wage scale it is pretty standard what #1 will make.

what I figured, all because of money!

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 05:45 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The last time we compared a Bengals prospect to Chuck Norris, it did not end well (Keith Rivers).
Man, you ain't lyin'! That was just a colossal flop after that broken jaw...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 08:10 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Man, you ain't lyin'! That was just a colossal flop after that broken jaw...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That Whines Hard SUMBITCH!!!! Whatever
Reply/Quote
I hope the Bengals wait until there's only a minute left on the clock to send in their pick. Why not piss off the other teams and make them wait!?! Tongue
Reply/Quote
Put a cap on what QB can be paid.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 05:45 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The last time we compared a Bengals prospect to Chuck Norris, it did not end well (Keith Rivers).

I thought Taylor Mays was more recent?

And I think I VAGUELY remember there being some Chuck Norris-Nick Vigil threads. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 11:41 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I hope the Bengals wait until there's only a minute left on the clock to send in their pick. Why not piss off the other teams and make them wait!?!  Tongue

Not sure you want MB with time on his hands ... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 01:11 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I thought Taylor Mays was more recent?

And I think I VAGUELY remember there being some Chuck Norris-Nick Vigil threads. 

All bad signs haha.

But the Rivers one was the massive one from the old board, if I recall correctly.
Reply/Quote