Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just tried LaRosa's pizza
(06-05-2015, 10:00 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Oh I know you weren't but others were (which is fine).  That post wasn't directed at you.  And I'm like you I just rely on my taste buds, Heck living in VA Beach I had a lot of North Carolina BBQ, which is way different than a lot of the BBQ here. It's all good though, what ever trips your trigger guys. 

Faw shaw......I was just genuinely curious.....because they are tender......but there's no smoke ring, so they're not smoked.  The main thing?  Whatever floats your boat. Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 07:57 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I don't really need to be convinced one way or the other.  I was just curious.  I'll think it's a pretty good, yet overpriced BBQ joint whether they're smoked, grilled, boiled, or microwaved.

I do agree it's a bit overpriced.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 11:32 AM)xxlt Wrote: LaRosa's made some business decisions years ago that really compromised their quality. They certainly grew as a result, and that was the goal. But, rather than being a neighborhood pizza parlor in lots of neighborhoods they decided they wanted to compete with Domino's and Papa John's et al. And, as someone said early in the thread, it is better than shitty Papa John's. But that is like saying "our tacos are better than Taco Bell" of "our burgers are better than McDonald's." It isn't that hard to be just barely better than mediocre shit fast food and the LaRosa family has made a mint doing just that, but the quality of the pizza and all the food there is a far cry from what it was in the early years.

(06-06-2015, 08:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Blasphemy! 

Yeah, you can tell a real difference in the quality over the last decade or so.  It seemed to start when they ran the 4 medium pizzas for 7.99 each promo.  I would pick some up in Dry Ridge on the way home every now and then just out of sheer nostalgia for the pizza I ate when I was a kid.  It ain't it anymore.

That said some of their toppings taste different and better than other pizza places.  The ham and pepperoni are pretty good there.  And yes, I still eat it when I go to Kings Island once a year.  
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 05:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I guess were not talking pizza anymore...

this new place springing up... (one in S.Lebanon plaza, One in Fields Ertle) dont know of any others...  "Dixie's BBQ pit"

Is pretty tastey...  and you get a free soft serve icecream cone (or at least the option for one is there lol)  I only had their ribs...  they were literally falling off the bone.

Any rib that falls of the bone is crap. They are either boiled or over cooked
Reply/Quote
They have a place up here called Brown Derby in Lyndhurst, Ohio. It has some of the best ribs I've ever had.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
It really depends on the location, but LaRosa's has gone downhill over the last 10 years or so, imo.

They've gotten quite skimpy with the cheese and sauce, yet they've kept the same expensive prices.

It's a shame really. When the sauce, cheese and toppings aren't skimped on, it's really good.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This thread is apparently about pizza and barbecue. So maybe we should talk about barbecue pizza.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
As luck would have it, I had Graeter's ice cream, Montgomery Inn ribs & LaRosa's pizza yesterday. Once again, the pizza was nothing notable. I didn't know the ribs were from Montgomery Inn when I ate them & thought they were fairly good. Best in show, however, was easily the ice cream. I enjoyed a helmet sundae with peanut butter chocolate chip ice cream for breakfast because Graeter's. I planned to go back but ate way too much at the Reds game.
Reply/Quote
Larosas is better than the pizza in Fredericksburg but that's not saying much.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Well I just ordered some LaRosa's, hey it's better than Pizza Hut or Dominoes (which are my options).  Anywho it got me thinking about some other places that I've heard were good, but haven't had a chance to try yet and haven't seen them mentioned here.

So what do you guys think about Dewey's, Jet's, Flying Pizza, and My Cousin Vinney's?
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 09:47 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Well I just ordered some LaRosa's, hey it's better than Pizza Hut or Dominoes (which are my options).  Anywho it got me thinking about some other places that I've heard were good, but haven't had a chance to try yet and haven't seen them mentioned here.

So what do you guys think about Dewey's, Jet's, Flying Pizza, and My Cousin Vinney's?

Dewey's is the shit. It's not conveniently located for us or we'd get it more often. Jet's is not bad. Mrs. Llama likes it quite a bit, and it's better than LRosa's.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 10:04 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Dewey's is the shit.  It's not conveniently located for us or we'd get it more often.  Jet's is not bad.  Mrs. Llama likes it quite a bit, and it's better than LRosa's.

Yea I've heard Dewey's is awesome.  But I don't think they deliver, and probably the biggest reason I haven't tried them yet.  I have no idea though if there is a Jets nearby.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 10:04 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Dewey's is the shit.  It's not conveniently located for us or we'd get it more often.  Jet's is not bad.  Mrs. Llama likes it quite a bit, and it's better than LRosa's.

On a side note, I love your sig.  Brings back old mammaries.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 02:07 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: Any rib that falls of the bone is crap. They are either boiled or over cooked

You would be correct.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 06:36 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: As luck would have it, I had Graeter's ice cream, Montgomery Inn ribs &  LaRosa's pizza yesterday. Once again, the pizza was nothing notable. I didn't know the ribs were from Montgomery Inn when I ate them & thought they were fairly good.  Best in show, however, was easily the ice cream. I enjoyed a helmet sundae with peanut butter chocolate chip ice cream for breakfast because Graeter's. I planned to go back but ate way too much at the Reds game.

Sounds like you've had fun during your time in Cincy, and maybe gained a couple of pounds as well.  LOL 
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 06:28 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: This thread is apparently about pizza and barbecue.  So maybe we should talk about barbecue pizza.

damn straight!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
If you want the best ribs in Cincy go to Eli's. They actually have a ton of great stuff. You can get an $8 lunch there with an entree and your choice of two sides. Jalapeno cornbread, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, grits, baked beans...all really good. I dig Montgomery Inn though, I just like Eli's more.

As for Larosas, I think it's still pretty good. It's definitely not my favorite, but I'll take it over most of the big chains any day of the week. Papa Johns is pure garbage. Domino's isn't very good. Pizza Hut has been shite since the 90's. Marco's can eat a bag of dicks. And I'm not even sure Little Ceasars is better than Totino's Party pizzas.

Donato's and Jet's are the only two national chains that I dig. A couple smaller local chains, Grammas and Snappy are both pretty decent too.

If you ever on the Eastside, try John Paul's Paridiso. Trust me. It's unbelievably good.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 08:31 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: LaRosa's is crud...unless you're at Kings Island. For some reason it's fire at that place.

because its the only thing affordable to feed a family lol

(06-08-2015, 01:41 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Domino's isn't very good. Pizza Hut has been shite since the 90's. Marco's can eat a bag of dicks. And I'm not even sure Little Ceasars is better than Totino's Party pizzas.

Donato's and Jet's are the only two national chains that I dig. A couple smaller local chains, Grammas and Snappy are both pretty decent too.

Dominos is much better now than it used to be... I used to hate that place but its new crust has put it back towards the top of my list.. And now Papa Johns is at the bottom with LaRosa's

Jets reminds me of Little Ceasers when it was more a normal pizza joint than what they have now.

New little ceasers... About the best thing about it is its 5 dollars.

donato's Is good if you like frozen crust dilvered off the truck... I dont dig thin crust so i avoid... They do put on the toppings but also charge more than any other pizza place nearby
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 02:07 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: Any rib that falls of the bone is crap. They are either boiled or over cooked

smoked for hours..... i believe is how they make it...
Reply/Quote
I had Adrioticos Pizza in Clifton this weekend and it was very good.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote