Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Just watched all the offensive snaps and this is worse than we’re discussing
This is one of the plays where Bengalholic said i was wrong on and ppl actually weren’t wide open

Sorry if this doesn’t show

Attached Files Image(s)

-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 04:55 PM)Housh Wrote: This is one of the plays where Bengalholic said i was wrong on and ppl actually weren’t wide open

Why is Burrow circled if the issue is to show someone wide open. :p
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 04:56 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Why is Burrow circled if the issue is to show someone wide open. :p

It’s a screenshot of a video breakdown

I didn’t circle that

Also it’s cropped not because I’m trying to hide a defender or anything

I had to shave off the edges to get the size small enough for the forum to allow me to post it
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 04:58 PM)Housh Wrote: It’s a screenshot of a video breakdown

I didn’t circle that

I was being hyperbolic  Mellow

All kidding aside, I was just making a joke.  Tongue
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:45 PM)impactplaya Wrote: This the 1st time Joe has dealt with adversity
And it's apparent he can't overcome it.

I wouldn’t say this at all lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 04:55 PM)Housh Wrote: This is one of the plays where Bengalholic said i was wrong on and ppl actually weren’t wide open

Here's the entire play, where you said...

'3rd and 4 again, so 4 yards gets a 1st and Titans once again blitz and once again Burrow can’t deliver to an open WR. Tyler Boyd is wide open(with an accurate pass) right at the 1st down pylon and Burrow sails it out of bounds.'

[Image: C04CHbi.png]
[Image: e1BOiyx.png]
[Image: l09d9xt.png]

Boyd's running his route, back is to Joe. Once Joe plants, McCreary comes of his man and takes Boyd. Joe's throw is to the sideline, but Boyd turns upfield.

I can post the other play as well if you want.
Reply/Quote
The screen shot where Joe is circled is a direct result of his being injured. Brown's man ends up sacking Joe. He isn't able to step up to his left to make the the throw to the back. He tries to escape to his right but gets tackled. We've all seen Joe get of out this type of situation and either make a throw to an open receiver or make a play with his legs. This play more than any other to me shows his current limitations.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:58 PM)casear2727 Wrote: As if watching this team play pitiful football wasn't enough, we get to read comments like these that are more embarrassing than our stats.

So many posters have completely lost it. It's like the last two years never happened.

Fish-brain stuff.
Reply/Quote
Here is my theory.

Burrow's calf injury is quite severe. He was told that any strenuous movements could further injure it to the point it would end his season, possible surgery, that sort of level of seriousness. This would explain the quick throws and hardly any movement in the pocket to avoid hits. In regards of the inaccuracy the pain could be more than we have been told. He could be on pain pills, taking shots for it for all we know, correct? Between this and the routes not developing long enough, his timing is just off to say the least.

Anyways just my theory for now, because that makes the most sense to me as he is also playing with a limited playbook (but not very improvised imo).
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 05:40 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: So many posters have completely lost it. It's like the last two years never happened.

Fish-brain stuff.

Fans turning on or writing off Joe so quickly after a SB appearance and 2 AFC championship games just seems insane to me.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 03:49 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: You really think it's more plausible that Burrow just completely unlearned how to be a QB this season and coming off a narrow AFCCG loss is suddenly ruined by OL pressure out of the gate starting a new season, than that he's got an injury that is causing more issues than the average armchair quarterback can believe?  

Some of ya'll are nuts.  

Yes, I believe everything has caught up to him. When did you expect it to with all the injuries and beatings he took the last 4 years? Again, we all knew it was coming? When did guys think we'd start seeing the effects? 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 04:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It has EVERYTHING to do with his calf. Instead of reading defenses and finding the open receiver, his thoughts are cluttered with NOT injuring the calf, in NOT running with the ball when there's a wide open lane; his thoughts are so focused on ignoring things he usually just does with no thought behind it that it's clearly affecting his mental processing.

How do you not understand that?

I mean, Burrow literally ran for a first down on Sunday, could've had a huge run, but slid after only 2 yards because he's so concerned with not injuring his calf worse. I mean, it's so obvious anyone should be able to see it.

This doesn't make any sense to me. So he's so focused on the calf he can only look at one receiving option even when protected? That just means he really is washed. Shell shocked like Carr.

You can sell me on accuracy being an issue, but not vision. The ball should still go to the right read even if the throw is missed due to not being able to push off or whatever the reason may be.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 04:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No offense, but this is this biggest load of shit I've read on the internet since the last presidential campaign. 

Ok so you weren't worried about him surviving long taking all those hits his rookie year either. Interesting no one wants to admit to that now. Never seen so many refusing to say they were right.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 04:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: This you (emphasis mine):

So is he ruined or not? 

Ask me after he sits for the season like I said was the only hope at this point to get him back. 

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 05:33 PM)brian5562 Wrote: The screen shot where Joe is circled is a direct result of his being injured. Brown's man ends up sacking Joe. He isn't able to step up to his left to make the the throw to the back. He tries to escape to his right but gets tackled. We've all seen Joe get of out this type of situation and either make a throw to an open receiver or make a play with his legs. This play more than any other to me shows his current limitations.

I guess no one has seen Joe make a throw at the top of his drop... This narrative that he must be able to move to make plays is new around the board and is changing the goal post.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 05:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Fans turning on or writing off Joe so quickly after a SB appearance and 2 AFC championship games just seems insane to me.  Mellow

Is it? Because you don't say that about Zac's playcalling or Pollack's oline.... 

Or do we?

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 06:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: I guess no one has seen Joe make a throw at the top of his drop... This narrative that he must be able to move to make plays is new around the board and is changing the goal post.

Go watch the play. His first read is Jamar on the outside and Jamar has a deeper route. At the point where Joe is coming off of him is when he feels pressure. Yes that fast. You act as if Trenton or Williams were his first reads. 
Reply/Quote
No one is talking about just 1 play, we have nearly a quarter of the season of film at this point.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is ludicrous, and obviously not a real thing. It’s something that gets said by the crazies in a GDT.

Burrow is hurt enough that his mechanics are all out of whack and it’s to the point it’s also affecting him mentally.

Well I think you are  correct there is a bit of a overreaction in the thread but if we frame it differently there are some points that are valid and concerning.
1. One thing that many said on here is Burrow is a man of his word so he continues to tell us he is fine and it is his/team play so if we believe him then his reads and mechanics are a concern.
2. So let's say he is lying and his injury is an issue, what also is concerning the longer he goes with bad mechanics the less likely he will get them back or will take a while based on brain pathways
3. All QBs have flaws even very good QBs, right now this is exposing Burrows qhat ive seen as main flaw his lack of holding LBs since his play action has been a weakness and worse this year, he needs an effective run game to give him more time but he is not good at holding the LBs etc.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 05:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Fans turning on or writing off Joe so quickly after a SB appearance and 2 AFC championship games just seems insane to me.  Mellow

I would say the defense had a bigger impact on getting us to the Super Bowl and AFC Championship.  If not for the defense scoring a TD against Baltimore because the offense couldn't get it done, we don't even make it past the Wild Card game last year.  In the AFC Championship they held K.C. to just 23 points which is much better than Philadelphia did in the Super Bowl.

While I like Burrow and think he is a very good QB,  right now I think his limited abilities due to the injury is costing the team wins.  It doesn't mean I don't like him.  He is hurt and shouldn't be playing.  He is not helping himself or the team being out there.
Reply/Quote