Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Just watched all the offensive snaps and this is worse than we’re discussing
(10-03-2023, 01:30 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Hilarious   Just out of curioustiy, how many surgeries you recover from?  

Impact isn't injury prone so he may not know.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 03:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: I've read enough after the first 5 responses. Housh is telling the truth people. Burrow missing reads has nothing to do with his calf. Enough with the injury excuse. I'm starting to believe you guys believe it and aren't just desperate for answers.

Does anyone have the all 22? You'll see.

Actually, he misrepresented the two plays he pointed out. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 03:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Actually, he misrepresented the two plays he pointed out. 

Probably because he was tired of writing and didn't want to go through all the plays. Even Chase is screaming he's been open!

All 22 of Cleveland game showed all the open receivers Burrow missed.

I get it. Everyone is shocked at how quick Burrow fell off, but we all knew it would come sooner or later after years of injuries and beatings...

My question to the board is when did they think it would happen? All of us said it would if it kept up his rookie year? So when did they think it would happen? Year 10? And what did they think it would look like?

If they thought the fall would come year 10, no one would have cared because we would have gotten 10 years out of him. This is about the time we'd see the effects and we are. It hurts, but this was expected.

Reply/Quote
To save Burrow, you they are going to have to sit him. Not for a week or two, but for the year. If they don't, we will continue to witnessing the fall of a once promising QB.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 03:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: Probably because he was tired of writing and didn't want to go through all the plays. Even Chase is screaming he's been open!

He talked about 2 plays in particular, that HE picked out...and got them both wrong. Facepalm
Reply/Quote
Well then trust Chase. Who has been right all along.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 03:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: Probably because he was tired of writing and didn't want to go through all the plays. Even Chase is screaming he's been open!

I get it. Everyone is shocked at how quick Burrow fell off, but we all knew it would come sooner or later after years of injuries and beatings...

My question to the board is when did they think it would happen? All of us said it would if it kept up his rookie year? So when did they think it would happen? Year 10? And what did they think it would look like?

If they thought the fall would come year 10, no one would have cared because we would have gotten 10 years out of him. This is about the time we'd see the effects and we are. It hurts, but this was expected.

It's strange that you have no need for context. He went into the Browns game with no live reps under his belt, no training camp or preseason...combined with very good pass rush. Add all that to being physically limited by the calf, and the results aren't going to be great.

But hey...who needs context when you can just post over-the-top hysteria instead? Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
Ok, so maybe you weren't one who said he wouldn't make it long taken the beating he was taking during his Rookie year.

Those of us with some foresight (hysteria as maybe those who weren't worried called it) tho was alarmed.

Reply/Quote

You really think it's more plausible that Burrow just completely unlearned how to be a QB this season and coming off a narrow AFCCG loss is suddenly ruined by OL pressure out of the gate starting a new season, than that he's got an injury that is causing more issues than the average armchair quarterback can believe?  

Some of ya'll are nuts.  
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 03:49 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: You really think it's more plausible that Burrow just completely unlearned how to be a QB this season and coming off a narrow AFCCG loss is suddenly ruined by OL pressure out of the gate starting a new season, than that he's got an injury that is causing more issues than the average armchair quarterback can believe?  

Some of ya'll are nuts.  

[Image: its-bonkers-its-crazy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 03:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: I've read enough after the first 5 responses. Housh is telling the truth people. Burrow missing reads has nothing to do with his calf. Enough with the injury excuse. I'm starting to believe you guys believe it and aren't just desperate for answers.

It has EVERYTHING to do with his calf. Instead of reading defenses and finding the open receiver, his thoughts are cluttered with NOT injuring the calf, in NOT running with the ball when there's a wide open lane; his thoughts are so focused on ignoring things he usually just does with no thought behind it that it's clearly affecting his mental processing.

How do you not understand that?

I mean, Burrow literally ran for a first down on Sunday, could've had a huge run, but slid after only 2 yards because he's so concerned with not injuring his calf worse. I mean, it's so obvious anyone should be able to see it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

No offense, but this is this biggest load of shit I've read on the internet since the last presidential campaign. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 03:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: To save Burrow, you they are going to have to sit him. Not for a week or two, but for the year. If they don't, we will continue to witnessing the fall of a once promising QB.

This you (emphasis mine):

(10-01-2023, 07:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Joes not injured badly. He’s ruined. Rodgers didn’t play this bad with the calf. It’s a dark reality that hit this season, and if we were honest there was no way he was going to make it 5 years anyway. We said his rookie year he couldn’t take this beating long or his career would be shortened. You hear that clucking outside of paycor. The chickens are home.

His fall is steep but foreseen.  I can’t see the Burrow of old ever returning. The window is closed.

We’ll be chasing the  21-22 seasons for the next 5 years.

So is he ruined or not? 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 03:49 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: You really think it's more plausible that Burrow just completely unlearned how to be a QB this season and coming off a narrow AFCCG loss is suddenly ruined by OL pressure out of the gate starting a new season, than that he's got an injury that is causing more issues than the average armchair quarterback can believe?  

Some of ya'll are nuts.  

No, see, because Joe took a "beating" behind poor OLs and somehow overcame them to take us to a Super Bowl and followed it up with an AFCCG appearance, NOW is the time that those beatings are FINALLY starting to affect Joe. The calf injury has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with his poor play. It's beatings from past games that cause his "downfall". Rolleyes
Reply/Quote

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 02:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: I don't think Housh really thinks Burrow forgot how to play football. But Burrow is not showing his usual traits of reading the defense and accuracy. Likely part of this is his mechanics are messed up from the calf. Part also is he is not navigating the pocket at all to buy himself a second or two. He is mostly immobile back there.

I said multiple times it was hyperbole

Ppl just aren’t reading that part but their eyes work again when it’s a part they wanna get mad at lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 03:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Actually, he misrepresented the two plays he pointed out. 

How do you post screenshots? I can post the plays and circle the guy being wide open on every play i mentioned

Probably won’t because that’s too much work but i could
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 03:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He talked about 2 plays in particular, that HE picked out...and got them both wrong. Facepalm

No i didn’t lol

You are just saying that because you know i don’t feel like figuring out how to screenshot
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 04:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It has EVERYTHING to do with his calf. Instead of reading defenses and finding the open receiver, his thoughts are cluttered with NOT injuring the calf, in NOT running with the ball when there's a wide open lane; his thoughts are so focused on ignoring things he usually just does with no thought behind it that it's clearly affecting his mental processing.

How do you not understand that?

I mean, Burrow literally ran for a first down on Sunday, could've had a huge run, but slid after only 2 yards because he's so concerned with not injuring his calf worse. I mean, it's so obvious anyone should be able to see it.

Hell, Arden Key said after the game that Joe was a 'sitting duck' out there. Even worse, the pressure was causing constant issues despite a number of 2 step drops and only 4 passes being thrown over 10 yards. When you combine a injured QB with no mobility with that type of pressure...the results aren't going to be pretty. But, I guess it's just easier for some to ignore all that and just say Joe is washed up .  Whatever
Reply/Quote
I am surprised some of the people in this thread have survived long enough to become adults.
Reply/Quote