Just watched all the offensive snaps and this is worse than we’re discussing
(10-03-2023, 01:42 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You got to write it the way he does:

Just ...
shut up

Do us
all a
favour

Mellow

If impact would finally answer me as to why he writes like that I will consider this season to not be a total loss.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:36 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Burrow was missing wide open WRs out there, got the same impression while watching the game. Chase won a lot of matchups but Burrow either just looked at the wrong side or refused to throw. Burrow should give Chase the "Justin Jefferson treatment", just target Chase like 10-12 times per game, this is how Jefferson is carrying the Vikings offense on his back this season. Just give Chase the ball and let him get extra yards, we know he can do that.

Yeah, I think that's what JaMarr meant when he said, "I'm open, I'm always ***** open." LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: I don't think there's any doubt it's physical AND mental at this point. Housh is right, he's missing wide open targets. He has been since the Cleveland game. I think your reasoning behind that is correct as well.

When the tell a QB not to leave the pocket, you better believe it'll mess him up mentally. Pocket awareness is going to go to shit and your going to be constantly paranoid in there because you arent able to move and escape. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:36 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Burrow was missing wide open WRs out there, got the same impression while watching the game. Chase won a lot of matchups but Burrow either just looked at the wrong side or refused to throw. Burrow should give Chase the "Justin Jefferson treatment", just target Chase like 10-12 times per game, this is how Jefferson is carrying the Vikings offense on his back this season. Just give Chase the ball and let him get extra yards, we know he can do that.

While I don't think you're wrong. I do wanna point out that Jefferson is carrying the Vikings to the same 1-3 start that we have. Granted they score a lot more than us.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:53 PM)jason Wrote: While I don't think you're wrong. I do wanna point out that Jefferson is carrying the Vikings to the same 1-3 start that we have. Granted they score a lot more than us.

Their defense is what's holding the team back. Vikings' D is a bottom 5 one, plus Cousins and cia commit too many turnovers. 
Reply/Quote
I think a more appropriate take is that perhaps this injury (or something else) has caused some mental blocks for Burrow.
He's getting the ball out extremely quick, and he's often going to just one read before throwing.
There are multiple things going on that are uncharacteristic of how he's played, but I personally believe the root of this all started with his strained calf.

It's possible he's now worried he has to get rid of the ball super quick to avoid getting hit and having a big leg injury.
He also may be thinking he needs to be out there to justify his big contract he just got, showing the team/fans he's worth that big money.

Seems to be a mix of physical and mental, for sure.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 02:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think a more appropriate take is that perhaps this injury (or something else) has caused some mental blocks for Burrow.
He's getting the ball out extremely quick, and he's often going to just one read before throwing.
There are multiple things going on that are uncharacteristic of how he's played, but I personally believe the root of this all started with his strained calf.

It's possible he's now worried he has to get rid of the ball super quick to avoid getting hit and having a big leg injury.
He also may be thinking he needs to be out there to justify his big contract he just got, showing the team/fans he's worth that big money.

Seems to be a mix of physical and mental, for sure.

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere as a plausible scenario. The way Joe presents himself, that might actually be a little part of it. He seems like a guy that would put that kind of pressure on himself. He needs to get it figured out. Quickly.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:34 PM)Housh Wrote: 3rd and 4 and Chase AND Tanner Hudson are WIDE OPEN for 1st down yardage and because the Titans all out blitzed Burrow gets scared and throws it away. Burrow didn’t even look to his right to see Chase and Tanner open. He got tunnel vision on Boyd and the pressure caused an incomplete pass.  Tanner Hudson blocked and released and literally no one guarded him. Chase was also in front of his man 5 feet. We only needed 4 yards.

You left out the part were the pass rush up the middle got home so fast that Joe was getting nailed as soon as he planted to throw.

Quote:3rd and 4 again, so 4 yards gets a 1st and Titans once again blitz and once again Burrow can’t deliver to an open WR. Tyler Boyd is wide open(with an accurate pass) right at the 1st down pylon and Burrow sails it out of bounds.

On this one, Boyd was never exactly wide open, because as soon as Joe plants, McCreary comes off his guy and takes Boyd. The ball might have been overthrown, but Boyd didn't go sideline anyway.
Reply/Quote
I don't think Housh really thinks Burrow forgot how to play football. But Burrow is not showing his usual traits of reading the defense and accuracy. Likely part of this is his mechanics are messed up from the calf. Part also is he is not navigating the pocket at all to buy himself a second or two. He is mostly immobile back there.
Reply/Quote
One of the silliest posts that I have seen here.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:02 PM)Housh Wrote: Ok then explain to me how going from a great QB to the worst DOESNT mean you “forgot how to play football”.

That phrase is obviously hyperbolic btw. Didn’t think I’d have to say that but obviously it’s an exaggeration

The knees jerk reactions suck but what sucks even more are the ppl pretending like this is all his calf.

His calf is not causing him to refuse to throw to block and releases when they are wide open. You don’t even need arm power or hood footing to throw those. You could literally unload that with no balance at all.

I do think it all stems back to the calf. I think his lack of mobility is speeding up his internal clock and yes he may be dropping his eyes and looking at the rush rather than the receivers because of that at times. He started out last year doing the same thing. Maybe he heals or maybe he learns to play with the injury. He turned it around quickly last year so he may do the same this year. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:35 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Because I wanted to honor an quarterback and coach who can actually overcome adversity.  

[Image: R.4a03d34ee8e5f6bb5f00f42535a32e90?rik=k...ImgRaw&r=0]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
good bait thread. If I believed you, I'd say this is one of the worst threads of all time, and you should look into some of those brain pills.

but good thing I dont believe you

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is ludicrous, and obviously not a real thing. It’s something that gets said by the crazies in a GDT.

Burrow is hurt enough that his mechanics are all out of whack and it’s to the point it’s also affecting him mentally.

Well said, this injury is worse than everyone thought is all. Oh well, playing for an early pick isn't all bad.

Didn't expect this at all but these things happen. This is a bait thread and I am disappointed in Housh for starting it.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 02:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: good bait thread. If I believed you, I'd say this is one of the worst threads of all time, and you should look into some of those brain pills.

but good thing I dont believe you

Beat me to it Frank lol
Reply/Quote
Burrow is absolute shell of himself. He can't move, has no accuracy, and doesn't trust his OLine. No idea how much is mental vs. physical at this point.

He has the lowest Turnover-Worthy Play percentage and just set a record for fewest yards per attempt. It's just a pathetic offense.
Reply/Quote
I've read enough after the first 5 responses. Housh is telling the truth people. Burrow missing reads has nothing to do with his calf. Enough with the injury excuse. I'm starting to believe you guys believe it and aren't just desperate for answers.

Does anyone have the all 22? You'll see.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:26 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote:  Burrow's college and NFL careers have comprised dealing with adversity.

**cough** .... injuries. Yearly.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:35 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think one side of the board is:  Joe is injured and playing like $hit because of it.

And 2 people are saying:  He forgot how to play and cant deal with adversity.

These are the only 2 sides.

Actually, I think its both. The injury is affecting his mental game and he's probably concerned about making it worse. Hence, why he doesn't use the whole field and looks to throw it away quicker than before. I don't think he forgot how to play, but I do believe the calf is in the back of his mind when his 3rd and 4th option receivers should be.
Reply/Quote