Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Justice Alito flew "stop the steal" symbol
In the days following Jan 5th, the home of Justice Samuel Alito flew an upside flag, an action adopted by the "protestors" as a symbol of their distress.

The Justice, who did not deny the incident, blames his wife, who was so triggered by a neighbor displaying a Biden sign and a (profanity deleted) Trump sign that "she ha to react" The flag flew over the house for several days according to other neighbors, who took photos.

The Supreme Court was still deciding election cases at the time. And of course, now, they are deciding whether or not to give unlimited immunity to Donald Trump for his actions surrounding the election and Jan 6th. Alito's questioning during the oral arguments indicated a willingness to provide that to him.

So now, we have Justice Thomas, who has also shown a willingness to provide immunity, and whose wife was actively texting with Mark Meadows encouraging him to keep trying to overturn the election. Now we have Justice Alito's household flying a MAGA symbol.

If Trumpworld honestly believes that a Judge whose independently living self-supporting adult daughter compromises him, why in the world are they so silent on 2 Supreme Court Justices whose WIVES had no problem diving into the politics of Jan 6th?

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/16/us/justice-alito-upside-down-flag.html?unlocked_article_code=1.sk0.y1wy.yTHJ6KNgS2yc&smid=url-share

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That's awesome, too bad he wasn't able to help the "stop the steal" effort achieve it's goal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 07:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's awesome, too bad he wasn't able to help the "stop the steal" effort achieve it's goal.

Yea. Overthrow the government of the USA. Just awesome. FFS.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 08:07 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea. Overthrow the government of the USA. Just awesome. FFS.

What? I mean we now have a POTUS that is enacting EO to spend taxpayer money on campaign stuff for the Democratic Party. You might think that's a good thing because it benefits your leanings, but for others it sucks ass. Congress, SCOTUS, both way too biased to accommodate the thoughts/feelings/views of the actual American public.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 08:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What? I mean we now have a POTUS that is enacting EO to spend taxpayer money on campaign stuff for the Democratic Party. You might think that's a good thing because it benefits your leanings, but for others it sucks ass. Congress, SCOTUS, both way too biased to accommodate the thoughts/feelings/views of the actual American public.

What EO are you referencing? Are you talking about how you feel threatened by people registering to vote in our DEMOCRATIC elections again?

Man. Right wing media is dangerous. Are you guys really so broken you’ve turned against democracy?
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 08:33 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: What EO are you referencing? Are you talking about how you feel threatened by people registering to vote in our DEMOCRATIC elections again?

Man. Right wing media is dangerous. Are you guys really so broken you’ve turned against democracy?

No, I'm talking about how the executive office is spending taxpayer money to fund initiatives geared for only the party the current POTUS is affiliated with. It's not right, and should be stopped immediately. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, I'm talking about how the executive office is spending taxpayer money to fund initiatives geared for only the party the current POTUS is affiliated with. It's not right, and should be stopped immediately. 

Haven’t heard about it. You’ll have to clue me in.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, I'm talking about how the executive office is spending taxpayer money to fund initiatives geared for only the party the current POTUS is affiliated with. It's not right, and should be stopped immediately. 

Please point out where in this EO that it does what you purport it does: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/03/07/executive-order-on-promoting-access-to-voting/
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 08:43 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Please point out where in this EO that it does what you purport it does: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/03/07/executive-order-on-promoting-access-to-voting/

It's in the "approved groups", which all happen to be Leftist supporting organizations.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 08:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's in the "approved groups", which all happen to be Leftist supporting organizations.

That's a mischaracterization of the information that was released earlier this month. The information provided was from a 2021 meeting during which there were left-leaning groups encouraging the efforts related to the EO, but they are not among the approved groups. By the wording of the EO itself, that would run counter to the order.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 09:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's a mischaracterization of the information that was released earlier this month. The information provided was from a 2021 meeting during which there were left-leaning groups encouraging the efforts related to the EO, but they are not among the approved groups. By the wording of the EO itself, that would run counter to the order.

Really?  I suggest that you take a good look at which groups were invited to the meeting, and which side was omitted.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 09:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really?  I suggest that you take a good look at which groups were invited to the meeting, and which side was omitted.

I suggest you read my whole post and understand the context. The groups in that meeting do not reflect the approved groups for agencies to work with on voter outreach. Groups for voter outreach work must be non-partisan.

Reply/Quote
I come to this board to learn what the far right MAGA is doing. Never knew before today that an upside down flag was a MAGA bat-signal.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 10:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I suggest you read my whole post and understand the context. The groups in that meeting do not reflect the approved groups for agencies to work with on voter outreach. Groups for voter outreach work must be non-partisan.

Maybe this is what Sunny is refering to?

Sec. 3, Agencies shall consider ways to expand citizens’ opportunities to register to vote and to obtain information about, and participate in, the electoral process...
iii, (C  soliciting and facilitating approved, nonpartisan third-party organizations and State officials to provide voter registration services on agency premises;

If I were Hannity, that's the line I would spin: "Dem partisans will be in control of 'soliciting and facilitating'"etc. Like that would be really easy. 

Otherwise, I don't see a single measure in that EO which could be construed as using taxpayer funds to the benefit of only one party.

It seems to be mostly about making sure government offices and sites like voter.gov get out timely information about voting
and registration in order to increase access--get web sites up to date and in working order, etc. Hard to see how making a website easier to use 
can establish intent to favor one party over the other.

Maybe efforts directed at Native Americans, people with disabilities, gov employees, and eligible federal prisoners could be construed as courting Dem constituencies? 

Without the spin, this can't support "both sidesism." And without "both sidesism," it is difficult to deflect the critique of Thomas and Alito's "appearance" of partisanship.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 07:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's awesome, too bad he wasn't able to help the "stop the steal" effort achieve it's goal.

Do you believe the election was stolen? 

Or is there another reason for supporting a Supreme Court judge undermining the court with open partisanship? 

I ask because I don't believe I would behave so differently than MAGA faithful if I thought an election were stolen.

So for me the question is what evidence sends people down that path.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 10:53 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I come to this board to learn what the far right MAGA is doing. Never knew before today that an upside down flag was a MAGA bat-signal.

Damn. So were you in one of those Covid comas for awhile?
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 11:15 PM)Dill Wrote: Maybe this is what Sunny is refering to?

Sec. 3, Agencies shall consider ways to expand citizens’ opportunities to register to vote and to obtain information about, and participate in, the electoral process...
iii, (C  soliciting and facilitating approved, nonpartisan third-party organizations and State officials to provide voter registration services on agency premises;

If I were Hannity, that's the line I would spin: "Dem partisans will be in control of 'soliciting and facilitating'"etc. Like that would be really easy. 

Otherwise, I don't see a single measure in that EO which could be construed as using taxpayer funds to the benefit of only one party.

It seems to be mostly about making sure government offices and sites like voter.gov get out timely information about voting
and registration in order to increase access--get web sites up to date and in working order, etc. Hard to see how making a website easier to use 
can establish intent to favor one party over the other.

Maybe efforts directed at Native Americans, people with disabilities, gov employees, and eligible federal prisoners could be construed as courting Dem constituencies? 

Without the spin, this can't support "both sidesism." And without "both sidesism," it is difficult to deflect the critique of Thomas and Alito's "appearance" of partisanship.

I don't know alot about this, but what's the criteria for being an approved 3rd party Agency? and who has been approved thus far?
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 07:20 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't know alot about this, but what's the criteria for being an approved 3rd party Agency? and who has been approved thus far?

Here's what we know:

"soliciting and facilitating approved, nonpartisan third-party organizations and State officials to provide voter registration services on agency premises."

So the organizations that discussed this measure with the White House, while friendly to the effort and the current administration, would not qualify as approved organizations.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 10:53 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I come to this board to learn what the far right MAGA is doing.  Never knew before today that an upside down flag was a MAGA bat-signal.

I knew an upside-down flag was “A signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.”

Never knew anything else.

Apparently it has been used recently by BLM as well as groups in opposition to Trump and Biden, which I also did not know.

https://www.operationmilitarykids.org/upside-down-american-flag-meaning-7-things-you-didnt-know/

If you are not sure how it is being used, someone on the left will be along to tell you the secret meaning, and what that person's true intentions are. 

They also possess great hearing and will alert everyone to "dog whistles" and inform you as to what they are calling everyone towards.
Reply/Quote

I have to say, I find that to be a concerning statement. May I ask on what grounds you made it? Do you actually think the election was stolen, or do you think the will of the voters was just erroneous and would have warranted a correction?
Reply/Quote