Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KY school shooting
(02-15-2018, 04:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: You sure that wasn't the Dave Chapelle Show? LMAO

Yeah I think that was the name.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-15-2018, 12:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Outstanding Fredtoast response, trying to answer a question without actually answering it.  We all know the answer you should have given is "yes", just man up and admit you said something incorrect, yet again.

For example, the Constitution is a legal document, yes or no?

No one was arguing that the Constitution was not a legal document.  The question was the basis for your argument that we can not have regulations on gun sales.

It is irrelevant if the Constitution is a legal document or not as long as the Constitution does not prevent gun regulation.

So if we have to have just "yes or no" questions then the proper question is "Does the Constitution bar any regulation on rights granted therein?"

I say "no".  What say you?
(02-15-2018, 12:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Interesting though, that you claim to know about these laws, made a thread about wanting to make them "universal" and then typed a response to one of my points in which you said gun owners could just lie and say their guns were stolen when law enforcement attempts to confiscate them.  You spout so much crap you clearly have a hard time keeping track, hence your constant contradictions.  You think for a lawyer you'd be able to keep your lies straight.

As long as these laws only exist in a very small minority of States (9 of 50) this is still a very big problem.

I am in favor of making these laws in every state.  How about you?
(02-15-2018, 12:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'd suggest you choose your words more appropriately then counselor.  As a lawyer you should know this.  Say what you really mean. 

I chose my words properly and said exactly what I mean.

You were the one who ignored the context.  My meaning was clear to anyone who read the statement in proper context.
(02-15-2018, 04:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Why would a Latino kid join a white supremacist group?  This kid had some real issues.

Latino people are technically considered "white" on the census. I don't know his background, but a Spanish name doesn't inherently mean he's Latino. There are people from Latin America who are 100% European. There are also Spanish people (from Spain).

Many would consider themselves white only. 

He was also adopted. If you looked at him and didn't know his last name, you'd probably call him white. It really comes down to how you identify yourself. If my parents were from Argentina but were both 100% Italian from Italian immigrants, I may not consider myself Latino simply because they were from Argentina. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]