Poll: Would You Trade Dalton And A 2016 3rd Rounder For Kaepernick?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Kaepernick Trade For Dalton?
(06-08-2015, 07:10 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Obviously a ladies man

God we'll never win a playoff game!! LOL
Reply/Quote

[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'd keep Dalton.
I can't stand Kaep.
I think he's a cancer.
Dalton may need a little work, but he's about 10x more of a team player.
Kaep is a self-loving brand-builder.
Reply/Quote
And this is exactly the kind of thread that ruined the old forums....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ah NO! Easy answer. Shocked that 7 people so far have answered yes.

I'm not convinced Andy Dalton is the answer long term for the Bengals, but Kaepernick without Harbaugh is like french fries without salt. Just not going to taste right. The 49ers selected the wrong QB when they took Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers, then again when the traded Smith to make Kaepernick the starter. That team is being flushed down the toilet. Why would we want their mistake? Heck, even the punter got traded for a 7th rounder two years from now.

I will disagree with those who post that there are only a few QBs better than Dalton, there are 15 I can name without hesitation. But only one of those QBs is on the market and San Diego wants a mint for him.

So, for right now Dalton is the guy. He'll improve or he won't. The team has made its choices and we are all stuck with them.

I'm afraid that those who want an upgrade at QB are going to have to wait for the team to either develop one or spend a high pick on one. Clearly the retread market isn't the answer.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 08:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: And this is exactly the kind of thread that ruined the old forums....

This kind of thread and the ones which compare Dalton to all time great QBs as if we are all stupid.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 05:22 PM)GodFather Wrote: Not close huh? Funny I see quite a difference when it comes to playing with the big boys at playoff time. 

Kaepernick QBR in playoffs

game 1  91.2
game 2  127.7
game 3  91.7

game 1 75.3
game 2 87.8
game 3 56.4

Andy Dalton QBR in playoffs

2011-51.4

2012 44.7

2013 67

2014 63.4

First of all QBR is a joke and most would agree.

The entire San Francisco team showed up in the playoffs not just the QB as you are making it seem. Their defense played very good football and they have a monster running game.

Maybe you can explain why the Niners go to great lengths not to have CK throw the ball in the redzone if he is all that and a bag of chips as you are making him out to be?
Reply/Quote
Up through week 13, Kaepernick had thrown 0 fourth quarter TDs.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 03:14 PM)GodFather Wrote: So I was reading how the 49ers could possibly trade Kaepernick with the recent loss of players and new coaching for restructuring. My question is this would you trade Dalton AND a 3rd round draft in 2016 for Kaepernick?

article
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13031499/why-san-francisco-49ers-trade-quarterback-colin-kaepernick-2016-clayton-mailbag

If you look at the stats between these two guys on paper they are very close and don't seem to be much different than one another:

Colin Kaepernick stats
http://www.nfl.com/player/colinkaepernick/2495186/careerstats

Andy Dalton stats
http://www.nfl.com/player/andydalton/2495143/careerstats

Thats also where stats on paper don't tell a whole story. Kaepernick has proven he can play in the big dance and Dalton has proven that he can't. So your calling the shots in Cincy and the 49ers approach you with the deal,  We give you Kaepernick and you give us Dalton and a 2016 3rd rounder. Do you take the deal or pass?

Nah sir. The only QB i would trade for is Phillip Rivers.
Reply/Quote
Lol kaepernick isn't anywhere as good as Dalton. The r9ers has had a much more talented team around him where he didn't even have to throw 200 yards to win a game. They were already going to the NFCCG without kaepernick. I almost feel sorry for him because I don't even think they will win 3 games next year.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 09:30 PM)OSUfan Wrote: First of all QBR is a joke and most would agree.

He wrote "QBR", but I'm pretty sure those were Kaep's passer ratings. It's a common mistake.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 10:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He wrote "QBR", but I'm pretty sure those were Kaep's passer ratings. It's a common mistake.

^This
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 10:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He wrote "QBR", but I'm pretty sure those were Kaep's passer ratings. It's a common mistake.

Still passer rating is all about efficiency. He doesn't throw the ball nearly as much so obviously his efficiency is going to be better. Passer rating doesn't = how good you are. Actual production trumps efficiency any day of the week.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 09:30 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Maybe you can explain why the Niners go to great lengths not to have CK throw the ball in the redzone if he is all that and a bag of chips as you are making him out to be?

First off I've never tried to make him to be the be all and end all, because I don't think he is. If I post stats they are just that. I didn't make it up and if thats what it is then make your own conclusion. Your the guy who flies off the handle when everyone else looks around the room and rolls their eyes. Do you enjoy reacting to everyones threads in the same manner? In this thread I make Kap to be the big bag of chips, in other threads your telling members they're a bunch of teenage girls..Lighten Up Francis.

Show me where the 49ers went to great lengths for him not to throw in the end zone. I want to see where you got this news from? And lastly where did I say in this thread Id pick Kap over Dalton or are you assuming again?
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 10:18 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: He doesn't throw the ball nearly as much so obviously his efficiency is going to be better.  

Dalton had 3 more attempts than Kaep last year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 10:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dalton had 3 more attempts than Kaep last year

and 170 the year before... and 146 the year before that (if you double his attempts, because he only played 8 games). Not to mention that Dalton didn't play a couple of games in the 4th quarter because we were beating the other team too bad.

Kaepernick has only had 10 games where he has thrown more than 250 yards in a game. That's for his whole career including the playoffs. Dalton has had 27 games where he's thrown more than 250 yards.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 10:32 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: and 170 the year before... and 146 the year before that (if you double his attempts, because he only played 8 games). Not to mention that Dalton didn't play a couple of games in the 4th quarter because we were beating the other team too bad.

Kaepernick has only had 10 games where he has thrown more than 250 yards in a game. That's for his whole career including the playoffs. Dalton has had 27 games where he's thrown more than 250 yards.

Sure Andy has thrown more in his career, but the excuse has been "It's unfair to Andy because he has been called on to do more." (see your post I quoted)

Guess what? The one year he wasn't asked to do "more" he was just as bad; if not worse.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 10:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure Andy has thrown more in his career, but the excuse has been "It's unfair to Andy because he has been called on to do more." (see your post I quoted)

Guess what? The one year he wasn't asked to do "more" he was just as bad; if not worse.

That's only because he was throwing to practice squad level players. His only legit target was Green, and he was out 5-6 games last year, yeah he's the 5-7th best receiver in the league, but the next best thing was Sanu the drop happy WR. Obviously when you're as handicapped as Dalton was last year you're not going to have that great of stats.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 10:32 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: and 170 the year before... and 146 the year before that (if you double his attempts, because he only played 8 games). Not to mention that Dalton didn't play a couple of games in the 4th quarter because we were beating the other team too bad.

I believe you have that one wrong way to. It was the Bengals who were getting beaten badly.

Jason Campbell appeared in four games last year. Only one of them was a Bengals win, against the Titans. The three losses he appeared in were against NE (L 17-43), CLEV (L 3-24) and PITTS (L 21-42).

And don't take that TENN game as Dalton played so well either. He had a 68.9 rating for 157 yards and 0 TDs and 1 INT.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 10:49 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I believe you have that one wrong way to. It was the Bengals who were getting beaten badly.

Jason Campbell appeared in four games last year. Only one of them was a Bengals win, against the Titans. The three losses he appeared in were against NE (L 17-43), CLEV (L 3-24) and PITTS (L 21-42).

And don't take that TENN game as Dalton played so well either. He had a 68.9 rating for 157 yards and 0 TDs and 1 INT.

Dalton didn't play bad against NE, PITT. NE he had 2 TDs and should have been 3 if Gresham wouldn't have dropped an easy catch in the endzone. The PITT game he had over 300 yards and 3 total TDs too.
Reply/Quote