Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kansas Supreme Court gives state until June 30 to properly fund public schools
(02-13-2016, 11:52 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I am starting to think that you were taught by penguins.

I paraphrased, if I wanted to quote you exactly I would have used the quote function.

I thought that would be obvious.  The quotation was used to separate your thoughts from mine, again should have been obvious.

So when you said I said something and put it in "quotes"...then used the quote funcition when I asked where that quote came from...you did NOT mean "literally".  You meant you made it up because it helped you sound smarter?

Self taught indeed!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-13-2016, 11:50 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: All you had to say is "I don't know, what is the irony".

The irony is that in Carlin's quote he says the "GOVERNMENT doesn't want well educated, well informed people who is capable of critical thinking"

Who is responsible for public education that YOU support?  Yep, the government.

So anyone who is against allowing the government to have control over the education of our people would actually be in support of a well educated and well informed people that would be capable of critical thinking.

Now if you are a private school or home schooled person, then it not only makes your post ironic, but also hypocritical.

This is golden.  I am against public school, but somehow public school produces the kind of people I want.  Is that uneducated, uninformed people that is incapable of critical think?  Cause that is what public schools are producing, and I can assure you that is not what I want.

You're fun.

Psst.  The GOP is the government too.  That is who I talked about.  (It is an actual quote if you want yo go look that one up...not some "paraphrased".)

Solid post though.

I can't wait for another your alts...maybe they will be harder to prove wrong.   Smirk
(02-13-2016, 11:57 AM)GMDino Wrote: So when you said I said something and put it in "quotes"...then used the quote funcition when I asked where that quote came from...you did NOT mean "literally".  You meant you made it up because it helped you sound smarter?

Self taught indeed!

I did mean literally as in the quote that I was paraphrasing, but you wanted me to show you your quote, which the quote itself  was LITERALLY on the same page.

You really do use different definitions for basic English words.  How do you get through the day?  Everyone must sound so alien to you.
(02-13-2016, 11:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: Psst.  The GOP is the government too.  That is who I talked about.  (It is an actual quote if you want yo go look that one up...not some "paraphrased".)

Solid post though.

I can't wait for another your alts...maybe they will be harder to prove wrong.   Smirk

Still can't admit that you didn't see the irony?

That's OK, my 2 year gets embarrassed when he misses things too.

I have already asked about the alt thing, so I will await your illuminating response.  
(02-13-2016, 12:06 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I did mean literally as in the quote that I was paraphrasing, but you wanted me to show you your quote, which the quote itself  was LITERALLY on the same page.

You really do use different definitions for basic English words.  How do you get through the day?  Everyone must sound so alien to you.

You said you paraphrased.  Didn't you teach yourself the difference?

(02-13-2016, 12:09 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Still can't admit that you didn't see the irony?

That's OK, my 2 year gets embarrassed when he misses things too.

I have already asked about the alt thing, so I will await your illuminating response.  

Maybe he's self taught too?

You're funny. Solid post though.  
(02-13-2016, 12:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: You said you paraphrased.  Didn't you teach yourself the difference?

Maybe he's self taught too?

You're funny. Solid post though.  

I paraphrased your quote originally....

Then you asked for the quote.

I quoted as you asked for, and told you that it was literally on the same page as the request.

Your wit is astounding.  It is like subtle but not at the same time.  It must be provocative, it makes ya think!
(02-13-2016, 12:19 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I paraphrased your quote originally....

Then you asked for the quote.

I quoted as you asked for, and told you that it was literally on the same page as the request.

Your wit is astounding.  It is like subtle but not at the same time.  It must be provocative, it makes ya think!

You quoted me.  You used quotation marks.

Your English teacher (you) should know what that means.

I bet you got an "A" in debate class!   Well, since you taught the class and were the only one in it and were debating yourself!   Mellow
(02-13-2016, 12:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: You quoted me.  You used quotation marks.

Your English teacher (you) should know what that means.

I bet you got an "A" in debate class!   Well, since you taught the class and were the only one in it and were debating yourself!   Mellow

Yeah, I already explained the reason for the quotation marks.  They were to illustrate your thoughts that I was paraphrasing.

You're aren't the quickest person are you?  I bet you were the kid in class that was disruptive, thus preventing the other kids from learning.

BTW:  the way you are mocking the autodidact term... you had to look it up didn't you?  Didn't you? Come on, admit it, you had to look it up!  No need to lie about it, just admit that you had to google the word.
(02-13-2016, 09:47 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Yeah, I already explained the reason for the quotation marks.  They were to illustrate your thoughts that I was paraphrasing.

You're aren't the quickest person are you?  I bet you were the kid in class that was disruptive, thus preventing the other kids from learning.

BTW:  the way you are mocking the autodidact term... you had to look it up didn't you?  Didn't you? Come on, admit it, you had to look it up!  No need to lie about it, just admit that you had to google the word.

You put what you thought I meant in quotation marks?  That could not be more dumb.

But given the rest of your posts so far I suppose I set the bar too low for you.

You don't know what kind of school i went to but you think you know which kid I was in class? I bet you were that kid in school who would blurt out wrong answers and then call everyone else stupid for not knowing as much as you.   Smirk

I'm not mocking anything...I'm wondering if you can get your money back for the education.   Because just in this thread it has failed you...repeatedly.   Mellow
(02-13-2016, 11:20 AM)Benton Wrote: agreed, you can't make parents be better people. That's why I'm having a hard time understanding, if you see that, why you're ok with a large segment of people who would grow up with little or no education.

Because of parents do not care if their children are successful in education then why should anyone else. Society needs laborers to function. That's why these trade deals like NAFTA has screwed us overall. The kids who suffer under bad parenting used to have a path to a good job that could at least furnish a decent life.

Bill Clinton signed that deal saying that we didn't need those jobs any longer ..... Too bad no one told the parents.
(02-13-2016, 10:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: You put what you thought I meant in quotation marks?  That could not be more dumb.

But given the rest of your posts so far I suppose I set the bar too low for you.

You don't know what kind of school i went to but you think you know which kid I was in class? I bet you were that kid in school who would blurt out wrong answers and then call everyone else stupid for not knowing as much as you.   Smirk

I'm not mocking anything...I'm wondering if you can get your money back for the education.   Because just in this thread it has failed you...repeatedly.   Mellow

Not as much as yours has it seems.

Are you still fuming over not knowing what the irony is in your George Carlin quote, in which you were calling for more government control over education, with him stating that the government doesn't want educated people?

Sad.... really sad there bro.
(02-12-2016, 10:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: All private schooling would be great.    Plus the amount of home schooling would increase as well.    But there would be more actual teachers marketing themselves to home schoolers.    How awesome would it be for you to name your rate? That has to appeal to you.

Parents can't afford to pay me as much as the schools do. They can barely afford that rate for a few hours of tutoring each week. What do you propose for the poor?

Private schools, in general, pay much less than public. Teachers opt for private because of the reduced amount of work and stress that comes with smaller class sizes and stricter entrance policies.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-14-2016, 02:30 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Not as much as yours has it seems.

Are you still fuming over not knowing what the irony is in your George Carlin quote, in which you were calling for more government control over education, with him stating that the government doesn't want educated people?

Sad.... really sad there bro.

Are you still trying to deny I said the GOP hates public schools, posted a photo with a quote about gov not liking educated citizens, and that you thought there was "irony"?  Or is this about you "quoting" me b making up what you thought I "meant" and then when called out on it you looked like a fool?

I bet that today's target at the firing range is gonna get a couple extra in it after that! Right?!?  

[Image: jTQwD3w.gif]

[Image: pew-pew-pew-merica.jpg]
(02-14-2016, 10:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: Are you still trying to deny I said the GOP hates public schools, posted a photo with a quote about gov not liking educated citizens, and that you thought there was "irony"?  Or is this about you "quoting" me b making up what you thought I "meant" and then when called out on it you looked like a fool?

I bet that today's target at the firing range is gonna get a couple extra in it after that! Right?!?  

[Image: jTQwD3w.gif]

[Image: pew-pew-pew-merica.jpg]

When gasping.  Meme!
(02-14-2016, 10:54 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: When gasping.  Meme!

I'm just making it easier on you.

Understanding words and what they mean in a sentence is hard when your teacher wasn't very good.  Sad
(02-14-2016, 10:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'm just making it easier on you.

Understanding words and what they mean in a sentence is hard when your teacher wasn't very good.  Sad

Thanks bud.

I appreciate you looking out for me.  ***** are good at thinking of others.
(02-14-2016, 10:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: jTQwD3w.gif]

Don't be jelly.
That cat is gangsta with that Glock. 
Tongue
(02-14-2016, 10:30 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Parents can't afford to pay me as much as the schools do. They can barely afford that rate for a few hours of tutoring each week. What do you propose for the poor?

Private schools, in general, pay much less than public. Teachers opt for private because of the reduced amount of work and stress that comes with smaller class sizes and stricter entrance policies.

It would be up to you to charge what you value as your time. If you want a bunch of poor people then charge less. I am quite sure it will be like a restaurant set up. Some teachers will be the fast food variety pricing and others will be as high as they value their time and how others want their time.
(02-14-2016, 12:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It would be up to you to charge what you value as your time.   If you want a bunch of poor people then charge less.   I am quite sure it will be like a restaurant set up.  Some teachers will be the fast food variety pricing and others will be as high as they value their time and how others want their time.

So now we have poor people who are getting fat with 88 cent double cheeseburgers getting stupid with 88 cent curricula?  I honestly never cared about public education because when I was in school I noted no small amount of the kids there were just being kept off the streets until they were old enough to arrested.

Anyways, aren't there like a zillion non-state funded colleges in this country and tuition rates are through the roof?    
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-14-2016, 12:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So now we have poor people who are getting fat with 88 cent double cheeseburgers getting stupid with 88 cent curricula?  I honestly never cared about public education because when I was in school I noted no small amount of the kids there were just being kept off the streets until they were old enough to arrested.

Anyways, aren't there like a zillion non-state funded colleges in this country and tuition rates are through the roof?    

The Feds guaruntee for school loans is what drives up costs: