Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karlos Dansby Talking Crazy About Signing with Bengals
(03-16-2016, 06:20 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: If we're bringing in 35 year old Dansby why wouldn't we bring Reggie Nelson the Steeler Killer back?

Rock On this team is built to win sign them to a 1-2 years and let's go win a super bowl. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 06:20 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: If we're bringing in 35 year old Dansby why wouldn't we bring Reggie Nelson the Steeler Killer back?

Thank you.

I think once his price drops he resigns. He is running out of options.
Reply/Quote
Forget Dansby. Give James Laurenitis a look.
Reply/Quote
Whoever. I just want a natural Mike LB with actual football smarts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 06:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Thank you.

I think once his price drops he resigns.   He is running out of options.

This^^^

I think now that many of his options have signed someone else our chances of getting Reggie back at a good price is getting higher and higher each day.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 04:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: And PFF had him ranked as the #3 MLB in coverage.

Exactly, I think he'd be a good complement to Maualuga and Hawk on passing downs. At a cheap price id be all for bringing him in.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 07:37 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: This^^^

I think now that many of his options have signed someone else our chances of getting Reggie back at a good price is getting higher and higher each day.

Hope so hate to see him go

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 06:16 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sign him and cut hawk its a no brainer is the price is the same.

I agree 100%. 

He still has at least 1 more year left in the tank in my opinion.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I have no issue in a Dansby for Hawk swap on the roster, provided they'd actually do it. Even at 35, Dansby still can play passing downs well as some of you have mentioned which means he could find more playing time or a bit better pay somewhere other than Cincy. If he puts his money where his mouth already is, I'd be glad with the signing. Heck, I just like that he mentioned Cincy and SB even though they're in separate tweets.

Burfict
Rey
Maualuga
Dansby
Dawson
(estimated mid round rookie)
Flowers

Maybe someone like Luc or Roach surprise, but that top 7 is at least better than last year's group. I don't think anyone wants one year of Dansby over a descent rookie, but he'd be welcomed insurance. Nobody wants to think of this, but they may take one of the two or three BPA's at each pick and not have a LB available.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 04:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For a 1 or 2 year deal to help bring a ring, sure. Would be an upgrade over Hawk.

Yeah, bring him in. Always liked Dansby and we gave Hawk a go so why not the better older Linebacker?

Good 4-3 backer that is very good in coverage. IF he hasn't fell off of course. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Dansby would be our 2nd best LB instantly. Talk about a massive upgrade on Lamur
Reply/Quote
Sign Dansby and bring back Reggie.

Would give us a lot of flexibility in nickle
Reply/Quote
I like his attitude already.

Reply/Quote

I'd agree to that...

(03-16-2016, 06:52 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Burfict and Dansby I'd take that.  Nervous they also released Bowe!!!

Damn straight....and yeah, I saw that.

(03-16-2016, 10:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Sign Dansby and bring back Reggie.  

Would give us a lot of flexibility in nickle

Yes sir....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Because Dansby is an average player at a cheap position while Reggie just lead the league in interceptions and is one of the better safeties in the league.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 04:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Dansby hasn't been good in awhile? He was at least better than both Maualuga and Vincent Rey last year.

Dansby: 16 GP, 108 comb tackles, 0 sacks, 2 FF, 3 INT (2 for TD), 6 PD, 7 STF
Maualuga: 15 GP, 75 comb tackles, 0 sacks, 0 FF, 1 INT, 3 PD, 1 STF
Rey: 16 GP, 98 comb tackles, 1 sack, 0 FF, 1 INT, 5 PD, 2 STF

He won't be the amazing player he was in 2014 in Arizona, but he'd still be (very likely) the second-best LB on the Bengals in 2016 if he signed.

I stand corrected.

Dansby had a better season than I thought.
Reply/Quote
Sign him yesterday for Christ sake.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 07:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: Forget Dansby. Give James Laurenitis a look.

New Orleans picked him up Whatever

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 04:01 PM)J24 Wrote: He will be 35 not sure how interested the Bengals will be.

im sure they might peak but it will be a smaller breifcase of cash
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 11:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because Dansby is an average player at a cheap position while Reggie just lead the league in interceptions and is one of the better safeties in the league.

but where was that int reggie before the contract year?
Reply/Quote