Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kasich: "Women left their kitchens to back me"
(02-23-2016, 08:11 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I would hope so.  I am not a lawyer.  That would be doubly embarrassing for you.

You use the word slaves in your post. 

Which is where the idea that you think women are slaves comes from.

Go ahead and deny.

I do not have to deny anything.

Like I said before you should have gotten a better education.

Using the same word in two different sentences IN NO WAY means the sentences say the same thing.

I can't even believe I am having this discussion.
(02-23-2016, 11:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Plenty of women worked and still remained married.  Your mom  probably left your dad for some reason that had nothing to do with economics.  The way he liked handed out beatings he probably gave her one also.  Seriously, who the hell beats a kid for doing something to his own bicycle?

BTW you would have been in the poor house if your wife was not working while you changed careers.  So maybe you should re-consider your position on working women.

That's odd, as I didn't get married until after I secured my current position.  And, I don't have a problem with women working.  I admire that my wife is an educated professional woman.  What I have a problem with is Kasich using the phrase "Women left their kitchens to back me", thus glorifying the surging divorce rate that was going on at that point in time.  I highly doubt that many women were "Leaving their kitchens to back Kasich", as much as they were leaving their kitchens to enjoy the night life, boogie down with the disco era, and enjoy the pre-aids era sexual revolution..

(02-23-2016, 11:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Both my parents worked and they had a perfect marriage.

Sunset has a strange viewpoint on marriage.  To think the only way to keep families together is to make women slaves to the income of the men is just twisted.

Really?  So, tell me, just what is my viewpoint on marriage Fred?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(02-23-2016, 10:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:  What I have a problem with is Kasich using the phrase "Women left their kitchens to back me", thus glorifying the surging divorce rate that was going on at that point in time.  I highly doubt that many women were "Leaving their kitchens to back Kasich", as much as they were leaving their kitchens to enjoy the night life, boogie down with the disco era, and enjoy the pre-aids era sexual revolution..

Again, Sunset, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Plenty of women got jobs and never left their husbands.  You can't blame a job for your dad not being able to keep his wife.
(02-23-2016, 10:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really?  So, tell me, just what is my viewpoint on marriage Fred?

You think women should not be allowed to work outside the house unless they make more money than you.  Then you are fine with it.

And you think women who get jobs outside of the house just want to hore around unless they are married to you.  Then it is just fine.
(02-23-2016, 10:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Again, Sunset, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Plenty of women got jobs and never left their husbands.  You can't blame a job for your dad not being able to keep his wife.

(02-23-2016, 10:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You think women should not be allowed to work outside the house unless they make more money than you.  Then you are fine with it.

And you think women who get jobs outside of the house just want to hore around unless they are married to you.  Then it is just fine.

Wow Fred, with all your straw man logic, you could give Jackie Childs a run for his money..

[Image: image.jpg?w=400&c=1]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(02-23-2016, 10:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow Fred, with all your straw man logic, you could give Jackie Childs a run for his money..

[Image: image.jpg?w=400&c=1]
[Image: CA9cyhVU8AA8coD.jpg:large]
This could have been placed in my thread, but since they do touch up on feminism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfox19wO3Jc
(02-23-2016, 10:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow Fred, with all your straw man logic, you could give Jackie Childs a run for his money..
Don't ask the question if you don't want to hear a truthful answer.