Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kasich: "Women left their kitchens to back me"
(02-23-2016, 06:16 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: The times have changed a lot.  I am coming across people (men and women) that have 0 clue what hard work means.

No kidding. That is the biggest problem I hear from employers. It's not even the education/training any more. It used to be we weren't generating enough work ready people. Now it's we're not generating enough people who have the sense of a mop, or who are willing to work.

Quote:I know in the Military, I have seen men do more of the heavy lifting jobs, while the women would just kind of hang around.

It would also depend on the job as well.

My experience is definitely different though than yours. 

Agreed. And every industry is a little different.

Quote:I think though, Fred will allow you to use your experience and anecdotal evidence, because it is in line with his stance.

Mine is just anecdotal and doesn't prove anything.

We all tend to hear the things we want to hear. Right now I'm hearing a cheeseburger telling me it's good for my blood pressure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-23-2016, 06:16 PM)Benton Wrote: I've worked with or supervised a dozen or so sports reporters over the years. About a quarter of them have been female, and I'd rank most of them above all but two of the guys. They just did a better job and less buddy-ism.

See, there you go, it is the reporters.

No I want to see women and men compete in racing, football, baseball, soccer, weightlifting, wrestling and boxing and all the rest.

However, need I remind you of the issues of female sports reporters?  Brett Farve, Mark Sanchez's reporter that was just wearing "jeans" and a T-shirt.
(02-23-2016, 06:20 PM)Benton Wrote: No kidding. That is the biggest problem I hear from employers. It's not even the education/training any more. It used to be we weren't generating enough work ready people. Now it's we're not generating enough people who have the sense of a mop, or who are willing to work.

Agreed. And every industry is a little different.

We all tend to hear the things we want to hear. Right now I'm hearing a cheeseburger telling me it's good for my blood pressure.

I remember a few years ago, I was expecting to deploy to a contract, and the wait time was longer than anticipated.

So I went to a day labor place.  Back breaking work.  Not a lot of females there, and the guys that were there would just watch other people do the work.  I was always welcomed back, no matter the job.  I even received a few offers due to my work ethic.  Now I did work with a certain demographic and there were a few that worked just as hard as I did.  The majority not so much.

Don't listen to that cheeseburger!  Step away from it! 

You already ate it didn't you?
(02-23-2016, 06:18 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Yes.  Sports.

How would women do against men in the NFL?

Let us get some of those LFL women (yes!) and put them on the field with the men in the NFL.  I mean, they should be able to make the game close right?

Like I said, you are so adorable.  You keep trying, and that is what is important.

I heard you call me adorable, did you want to buy me a drink?

Using the NFL as a parallel to a womens ability to do a job is a big reach bud.  If the NFL had to take either a women or you, do you think you would beat out every woman out there for the spot?
(02-23-2016, 06:21 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: See, there you go, it is the reporters.

No I want to see women and men compete in racing, football, baseball, soccer, weightlifting, wrestling and boxing and all the rest.

However, need I remind you of the issues of female sports reporters?  Brett Farve, Mark Sanchez's reporter that was just wearing "jeans" and a T-shirt.

LOL

I really just brought up the reporters in relation to the "sports" comment.

As far as the bold, the reason you never hear about the reverse is 1- there aren't as many pro female athletes and 2- most sports reporters are ugly, ugly men. Like nightmares walking around with tape recorders and microphones.
(02-23-2016, 06:26 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I heard you call me adorable, did you want to buy me a drink?

Using the NFL as a parallel to a womens ability to do a job is a big reach bud.  If the NFL had to take either a women or you, do you think you would beat out every woman out there for the spot?

Are you old enough?  I don't buy kids drinks?   Ninja

I am using sports in general.  This notion that men and women are equal is ridiculous.  We are different and have differences and we should celebrate our differences instead of crying about how unfair things are.

I find a woman to be strong if she is a stay at home mom.  If she is more concerned with raising kids.  The home is the most important place for anyone.

Our society seems to be pushing this notion that women are slaves if the don't get out and work.  Some women may choose not to be the stay at home mother, and that is OK, too. There are women in our past that decided to get into work.

Some blacksmithing guilds going back to the 1500s have women listed. 

As to me beating every woman out there?  I am over the age of football, but if I am a LBer, I would like to see a woman take that spot from me.
(02-23-2016, 06:07 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: OK.  As long as you just say so.

You made the claim first.  Burden is on you to prove it.
(02-23-2016, 06:37 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Are you old enough?  I don't buy kids drinks?   Ninja

I am using sports in general.  This notion that men and women are equal is ridiculous.  We are different and have differences and we should celebrate our differences instead of crying about how unfair things are.

I find a woman to be strong if she is a stay at home mom.  If she is more concerned with raising kids.  The home is the most important place for anyone.

Our society seems to be pushing this notion that women are slaves if the don't get out and work.  Some women may choose not to be the stay at home mother, and that is OK, too. There are women in our past that decided to get into work.

Some blacksmithing guilds going back to the 1500s have women listed. 

As to me beating every woman out there?  I am over the age of football, but if I am a LBer, I would like to see a woman take that spot from me.

1.  No one said men and women are the same.  You're getting pretty defensive around here lately.  Blink twice if you need help.

2.  So you honestly think you would beat every woman out there (I'll give you the benefit of saying this is in your prime) to make an NFL team?  It sounds like you think that is the case, but you didn't really answer the relevant hypothetical.
(02-23-2016, 06:34 PM)Benton Wrote: LOL

I really just brought up the reporters in relation to the "sports" comment.

As far as the bold, the reason you never hear about the reverse is 1- there aren't as many pro female athletes and 2- most sports reporters are ugly, ugly men. Like nightmares walking around with tape recorders and microphones.

True about the men.

All I know is when I saw a picture of that reporter wearing her "jeans" I was like, "Not what I was expecting".  My jeans fit me loose, but hers looked like they were painted on.
(02-23-2016, 06:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You made the claim first.  Burden is on you to prove it.

Hey, you say so, that is all I need.
(02-23-2016, 06:37 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Our society seems to be pushing this notion that women are slaves if the don't get out and work. 

No one is saying anything like that.  This is just another thing you have made up out of thin air.

Instead of talking about football we should go back to the topic of women being discriminated against in the 70's job market.  We should not let silly talk deflect from the serious conversation.

Do you think that ever happened SN?  Or do you claim it never happened? And I am not talking about jobs that you think only women can do.  I am just talking about common jobs that either sex can do.
(02-23-2016, 06:43 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: 1.  No one said men and women are the same.  You're getting pretty defensive around here lately.  Blink twice if you need help.

2.  So you honestly think you would beat every woman out there (I'll give you the benefit of saying this is in your prime) to make an NFL team?  It sounds like you think that is the case, but you didn't really answer the relevant hypothetical.

ThumbsUp  No, not getting defensive.  There is no reason for me to.

I said I would like to see a woman take my position from me.  In my prime, I know I couldn't beat out the worst NFL LBer.  However let us assume I could.  If I was the NFL LBer.  I would really like to see a woman take my spot.

Do you think there are women out there that could play LBer at the NFL level?

I remember the female kicker that they were hyping up a few years back.  Only for her to bomb at the special combine they held.  I actually cheered for her and wanted her to do well.

I also remember this story about a female playing football against the men in a semi pro football game (she played RB).  Everyone was all happy and excited and impressed that she got back up after the 1st tackle.

What I saw was a player, get stuffed twice.  Then she was pulled from the game.

There is a reason why in Flag Football that a rule is in place that each team has to have a female if there are 2 and during 1 of the 4 downs the woman player has to be targeted.  It could be on 1st down or 4th down, but at some point the QB has to attempt to throw the ball to her.

This was done so that women would be more inclined to play.
(02-23-2016, 11:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Both my parents worked and they had a perfect marriage.

Sunset has a strange viewpoint on marriage.  To think the only way to keep families together is to make women slaves to the income of the men is just twisted.

(02-23-2016, 06:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No one is saying anything like that.  This is just another thing you have made up out of thin air.

Instead of talking about football we should go back to the topic of women being discriminated against in the 70's job market.  We should not let silly talk deflect from the serious conversation.

Do you think that ever happened SN?  Or do you claim it never happened? And I am not talking about jobs that you think only women can do.  I am just talking about common jobs that either sex can do.

Yeah.... I just made it up out of thin air.
(02-23-2016, 06:54 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: ThumbsUp  No, not getting defensive.  There is no reason for me to.

I said I would like to see a woman take my position from me.  In my prime, I know I couldn't beat out the worst NFL LBer.  However let us assume I could.  If I was the NFL LBer.  I would really like to see a woman take my spot.

Do you think there are women out there that could play LBer at the NFL level?

I remember the female kicker that they were hyping up a few years back.  Only for her to bomb at the special combine they held.  I actually cheered for her and wanted her to do well.

I also remember this story about a female playing football against the men in a semi pro football game (she played RB).  Everyone was all happy and excited and impressed that she got back up after the 1st tackle.

What I saw was a player, get stuffed twice.  Then she was pulled from the game.

There is a reason why in Flag Football that a rule is in place that each team has to have a female if there are 2 and during 1 of the 4 downs the woman player has to be targeted.  It could be on 1st down or 4th down, but at some point the QB has to attempt to throw the ball to her.

This was done so that women would be more inclined to play.

Why won't you just answer the actual question?
(02-23-2016, 06:56 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Yeah.... I just made it up out of thin air.

Yes you did.

What is sad is that you do not even realize that you made it up.

No one here said that if women do not get out and work they are slaves.  In fact I have made multiple posts where I have said that I know of happy marriages where one party stays at home.

You really should have gotten someone to teach you reading comprehension instead of trying to do it yourself.  Because you fail repeatedly.

(02-23-2016, 07:06 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Why won't you just answer the actual question?

I did.

Quit claiming I am not.
(02-23-2016, 07:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes you did.

What is sad is that you do not even realize that you made it up.

No one here said that if women do not get out and work they are slaves.  In fact I have made multiple posts where I have said that I know of happy marriages where one party stays at home.

You really should have gotten someone to teach you reading comprehension instead of trying to do it yourself.  Because you fail repeatedly.

Do you not see your own words?

Or do you think that when you say them, they somehow mean something different?

Does that work in a courtroom?
(02-23-2016, 07:36 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Do you not see your own words?

Or do you think that when you say them, they somehow mean something different?

Does that work in a courtroom?

I can see my words just fine.  And everyone who reads them can see that I never said "Women are slaves if they don't get out and work"

And BTW I have had plenty of success in the courtroom.  Much more than you.    
(02-23-2016, 07:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can see my words just fine.  And everyone who reads them can see that I never said "Women are slaves if they don't get out and work"

And BTW I have had plenty of success in the courtroom.  Much more than you.    

I would hope so.  I am not a lawyer.  That would be doubly embarrassing for you.

You use the word slaves in your post. 

Which is where the idea that you think women are slaves comes from.

Go ahead and deny.
(02-23-2016, 07:35 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I did.

Quit claiming I am not.

No you didn't.  Quit claiming you did.  

I'll try one last time:  "If the NFL had to take either a women or you, do you think you would beat out every woman out there for the spot?"

Quit deflecting.  Answer the question.  You're the one who brought up the NFL specifically.  Again, I'll even let you base your answer off your 'prime'.