Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Katie Blackburn is the first woman appointed to the NFL competition committee.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nfl/bengals-katie-blackburn-1st-woman-on-competition-committee/2021/11/10/47e35088-4267-11ec-9404-50a28a88b9cd_story.html

Quote:Cincinnati Bengals executive Katie Blackburn has become the first woman appointed to the NFL’s powerful competition committee, which plays a major role in rules changes.

Blackburn, the executive vice president of the Bengals, is the franchise’s fourth member of the committee. Team founder Paul Brown, his son and current owner Mike Brown, and former Bengals coach Marvin Lewis also have served on the group that makes recommendations on rules and points of emphasis to the 32 club owners.

It seems she is taking on an even larger role not only with the Bengals but also in the NFL. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Smashin' that glass ceiling... Hopefully Katie straightens out this nonsense where taunting as a team is allowed (so long as it's utterly ridiculous, and they run 40 yards to an end zone to do it), yet taunting someone mano y mano is not allowed. I also hope she doesn't miss too many vacation days with Mr Katie.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Congrats to Katy. Rock On
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Katie is a star.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 11:42 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nfl/bengals-katie-blackburn-1st-woman-on-competition-committee/2021/11/10/47e35088-4267-11ec-9404-50a28a88b9cd_story.html

It seems she is taking on an even larger role not only with the Bengals but also in the NFL. 

Good for her.  Now get rid of that ridiculous taunting rule. 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 11:42 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nfl/bengals-katie-blackburn-1st-woman-on-competition-committee/2021/11/10/47e35088-4267-11ec-9404-50a28a88b9cd_story.html

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/10/katie-blackburn-becomes-first-woman-to-serve-on-competition-committee/

First time 3 Generations from the Same family have Served....  Apparently the Bengals have only not had a representative on the committee for 7 years since their inception
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 12:22 AM)jason Wrote: Smashin' that glass ceiling... Hopefully Katie straightens out this nonsense where taunting as a team is allowed (so long as it's utterly ridiculous, and they run 40 yards to an end zone to do it), yet taunting someone mano y mano is not allowed. I also hope she doesn't miss too many vacation days with Mr Katie.

I've always thought running to the endzone to pretend to pose for pictures is about as classless as anything a team can do especially when they get their asses handed to them right afterwards..  That was the first time I recall the Bengals ever do it (Jets game, but I live out of market) and hope it was the last time as well..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 09:51 AM)grampahol Wrote: I've always thought running to the endzone to pretend to pose for pictures is about as classless as anything a team can do especially when they get their asses handed to them right afterwards..  That was the first time I recall the Bengals ever do it (Jets game, but I live out of market) and hope it was the last time as well..

I'm all for these taunting penalties... They are called Professional Athletes after all.  be nice if they acted professional on the field too.   Im for TD celebrations and things as long as they aren't classless.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 10:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I'm all for these taunting penalties... They are called Professional Athletes after all.  be nice if they acted professional on the field too.   Im for TD celebrations and things as long as they aren't classless.

Not just act like professionals.  Just don't act like an asshole.

I have been to games where I sat right next to fans from the opposing team.  I always cheered the Bengals, but I never turned to those fans and personally taunted them or got in their faces.

Nothing wrong with celebrations.  All of us fans celebrate so why shouldn't the guys who actually bust their asses to accomplish these feats.  But taunting is low class bullshit.
Reply/Quote
As a fan, I like the taunting, not the penalties. The NBA back in the day was great, now you can't even look at your opponent after a dunk.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 10:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I'm all for these taunting penalties... They are called Professional Athletes after all.  be nice if they acted professional on the field too.   Im for TD celebrations and things as long as they aren't classless.

Pro athletes are still people.  They are being instructed not to celebrate their successes.  There are lots of other pro sports that don't try to regulate this.  
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 11:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Pro athletes are still people.  They are being instructed not to celebrate their successes.  There are lots of other pro sports that don't try to regulate this.  

no they arent they are being instructed not to TAUNT their opponents you can celebrate without taunting.
Reply/Quote

If I knew how to post a picture on this site, or GIF,  it would be Al Pacino in Scent Of A Woman as Col. Slade saying, " Who Hah ". 

In other words, good for Paul Browns daughter or niece or whatever, but I'm more concerned about this team getting back to Winning this season.  

The Bengals Front Office brags that they have maybe the best pair of safeties in The NFL, and yet they did not resign young talented Bates who hits free agency in 4 months. 30 years without a play-off win, I want to see Wins before I will get excited over this Front Office since Paul Brown died. 

I'm sure Hillary Clinton and Opra and Rachel Maddow are excited over another woman crashing through the so called glass ceiling, but all I have is " Who Hah ".  Good for her, I want to see WINS.  The Thanksgiving Weekend of Al Pacino as Col Slade and his " Who Hah ". Until this team Wins, that's all I've got for this Front Office of 30 years of losing.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 11:46 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: no they arent they are being instructed not to TAUNT their opponents you can celebrate without taunting.

You are giving MORE subjectivity to these officials that have enough trouble enforcing the rules of the game.  It is just wrong on so many levels.  I throat slash?  I get that.  Implies murder.  I just don't like the subjectivity of the rule.  Fine the players.  Don't change the outcome of games.  
Reply/Quote
Keep enforcement the same change it to a 5 yard penalty problem solved. Get rid of the automatic first down for illegal contact and defensive holding as well
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 11:48 AM)kevin Wrote:  they did not resign young talented Bates who hits free agency in 4 months. 

We have no idea who to blame for that extension not getting done.

And when talking about players salaries we can't call the Bengals "cheap" after the deals they have handed out the last 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 10:40 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: As a fan, I like the taunting, not the penalties. The NBA back in the day was great, now you can't even look at your opponent after a dunk.

Too me taunting in a controlled situation where you know you won't get punched out is pretty chickenshit.

It is like the guy who talks tough after a bunch of people step in to break up a potential fight.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 01:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have no idea who to blame for that extension not getting done.

And when talking about players salaries we can't call the Bengals "cheap" after the deals they have handed out the last 2 years.

Honestly, the Bates situation has worked out in the team's favor.  He would be insanely overpaid for his level of play this year if we had extended him based on last year.  
Reply/Quote
I respect any woman who breaks any barrier. But I am especially impressed with women getting jobs as coaches with men's professional sports teams.

The business and professional worlds are still dominated by men, but there has been a big shift in recent history. Right now there are more women than men graduating from college, law school, and medical school.

But men's professional sports are a whole different animal. The women that are getting jobs coaching men must be some exceptional human beings.

Obviously Katie is not coaching, but the NFL is still very much a men's club even on the business side.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Too me taunting in a controlled situation where you know you won't get punched out is pretty chickenshit.

It is like the guy who talks tough after a bunch of people step in to break up a potential fight.

It's just part of the game to me, it brings some excitement. I like the taunts after dunks, just don't get dunked on then lol. You can talk trash without throwing punches. I can see how it looks like bullying.
Reply/Quote